The Student Room Group

Which news sources do you trust/use?

I use RT (highly recommend) as well as several news sites on the left and on the right.

Scroll to see replies

Does INstagram count? lol jk don't trust any 100%
lol, RT?
Imho BBC are the least biased source of news these days. RT is very clearly biased to make Russia look good (I mean, they're funded by the Russian gov, what do you expect, it's made up of oligarchs), garbage like Daily Mail, the Sun and the like are just not worth even looking at, and then a bunch of things are either extremely left-wing biased or extremely right-wing biased.

BBC is a safe bet, but you should always check info with a lot of different sources and use common sense as you can never trust any source of info to tell you completely unbiased facts 100% of the time.
Reply 4
Original post by Bezaras
Imho BBC are the least biased source of news these days. RT is very clearly biased to make Russia look good (I mean, they're funded by the Russian gov, what do you expect, it's made up of oligarchs), garbage like Daily Mail, the Sun and the like are just not worth even looking at, and then a bunch of things are either extremely left-wing biased or extremely right-wing biased.

BBC is a safe bet, but you should always check info with a lot of different sources and use common sense as you can never trust any source of info to tell you completely unbiased facts 100% of the time.

BBC hardly reports anything. I hear that a lot about RT. It's rubbish. Yes there are pro-Russia articles on there, but ultimately most of their news is about what's happening in the UK or US. They have both left wing and right wing personalities on there and articles in both favour. They have anyone from Alex Jones to George Galloway on there. RT has very good analyasis. It reports on many events that wouldn't be reported by the BBC. I think the BBC does have some bias, but ultimately both the left and the right accuse it of being biased to one side. I just think it doesn't report on much.
Reply 5
Original post by HippoRhino3
lol, RT?

If you read it, you would find its actually quite good.
Reply 6
Original post by Bezaras

Yeah I use a few web sites. I try and get both sides take on it.
Reply 7
CNN
Reply 8
Original post by ax7fold
CNN

Hope you are joking.
I don’t trust any so I have to watch/read many sources and deduce the truth of it myself.
BBC, FT, Independent, Bloomberg, AP, Reuters.

Reddit and Twitter - Use these to pull information from multiple sources, so I don’t really care where the news come from providing I can see similar stories from multiple sources, whilst keeping in mind their bias. For example I know anything on Fox will be heavily slanted towards the current administration. Anything Guardian will be left leaning, etc.

Stuff like the Sun I tend to disregard entirely.
People saying RT and CNN 😂
Reply 12
Original post by MrDystopia
BBC, FT, Independent, Bloomberg, AP, Reuters.

Reddit and Twitter - Use these to pull information from multiple sources, so I don’t really care where the news come from providing I can see similar stories from multiple sources, whilst keeping in mind their bias. For example I know anything on Fox will be heavily slanted towards the current administration. Anything Guardian will be left leaning, etc.

Stuff like the Sun I tend to disregard entirely.

The independent has a Liberal bias as so all those other sources have a globalist bias. I read some guardian articles. I don't agree with 99% of what it says but the quality of the articles are actually very good. AP and reuters don't really have any bias but are pretty barebones in their reporting
Reply 13
Original post by paul514
People saying RT and CNN 😂

RT has viewpoints from the left and the right. CNN is just fake news.
Original post by qwertyK
The independent has a Liberal bias as so all those other sources have a globalist bias. I read some guardian articles. I don't agree with 99% of what it says but the quality of the articles are actually very good. AP and reuters don't really have any bias but are pretty barebones in their reporting

Yup, I think it’s just worth keeping in mind and looking at the same story from several sources to discern what’s happening. The problem is when people only accept news from a single source as gospel.
Reply 15
Fox News has to be the most biased, ridiculous News ever. Does the US not have something like IPSO? It's so obviously biased. And the dreaded PragerU (not really news but its even more biased than Fox)
Original post by qwertyK
I use RT (highly recommend) as well as several news sites on the left and on the right.

I just use BBC news for my basic news and ignore all the feminist/leftist propaganda that gets thrown in the mix. If I want news on hotbutton issues, I'll usually go to a variety of independent media channels on youtube.
Reply 17
Original post by PhilanderingBum
I just use BBC news for my basic news and ignore all the feminist/leftist propaganda that gets thrown in the mix. If I want news on hotbutton issues, I'll usually go to a variety of independent media channels on youtube.

When you say leftist do you mean Liberal? Many on the left like George Galloway think the BBC is biased to the right. Guess he could be considered far left
Original post by qwertyK
When you say leftist do you mean Liberal? Many on the left like George Galloway think the BBC is biased to the right. Guess he could be considered far left

I'm referring to the "progressive", identity-politics obsessed brand of leftism. To be fair, I'm seeing less of those sorts of articles now. A few months ago, it seemed like there was a new article on women's rights every single day. Only recentl, the BBC released a mini-documentary that actually attempted to provide a balanced look at the migrant crisis in Sweden
Reply 19
none. question everything imho. but i also don't expect anything to be non-biased; there's no such thing. we're born biased and no article tells you the whole story anyway. yes i'm pretty cynical. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending