The Student Room Group

AQA Re-mark

I’ve asked my English teacher whether I could get a remark in English Language as I got a 6 but saw the boundary between a 6 and 7 was only 11 marks. She said if I was 3 marks away she would automatically put it in but I was actually 4 marks away and don’t qualify so would have to pay. Paper 1 I got 47/90 and paper 2 I got 57/90 so would be putting my paper 1 in. Would it be worth putting both papers in and does anyone know how much it would cost?? TIA☺️
Exactly the same here, got a 6 and was 4 marks away from a 7 in English language, so I'm thinking about getting it remarked. For AQA it's £37.55 per script you want marked so if you want both papers remarked it would be double that.
Reply 2
Original post by bluemuffin
Exactly the same here, got a 6 and was 4 marks away from a 7 in English language, so I'm thinking about getting it remarked. For AQA it's £37.55 per script you want marked so if you want both papers remarked it would be double that.

Thank you! Just wondering, what we’re you targeted in English and what have you previously got in mocks??
If you feel like you deserved a 7 and you know your answers in that exam paper were better then the grade they gave you then definitely go for it as english is a very open subject and it may have just been your examiner. However, i have heard that getting papers remarked are quite expensive, like one paper is around £40 but that obviously just depends on your exam board and school. Plus there is always a risk that the next examiner may mark you down instead of up. Hopefully that doesn’t happen and you get the grade you want!
Original post by CemXx732
Thank you! Just wondering, what we’re you targeted in English and what have you previously got in mocks??

In my mocks I always got around 6/7 and was predicted a 7, I just thought I did relatively well so I'm a bit confused why I didn't get a 7, wbu?
Reply 5
Original post by bluemuffin
In my mocks I always got around 6/7 and was predicted a 7, I just thought I did relatively well so I'm a bit confused why I didn't get a 7, wbu?

I’m exactly the same, I got a 7 last year in my mock and then an 8 in December which my teacher did say would be a 7 in summer because of the boundaries. It’s like everyone in my class that has done worse than me in class and in mocks has then all of a sudden done better than me. Hopefully I get the 7 I deserve ☺️
Reply 6
Original post by 1gcsestudent1
If you feel like you deserved a 7 and you know your answers in that exam paper were better then the grade they gave you then definitely go for it as english is a very open subject and it may have just been your examiner. However, i have heard that getting papers remarked are quite expensive, like one paper is around £40 but that obviously just depends on your exam board and school. Plus there is always a risk that the next examiner may mark you down instead of up. Hopefully that doesn’t happen and you get the grade you want!

Thank you! For my English literature lasts year I got a remark and gained 11 marks which made me 1 off the next grade boundary so hopefully I get the 7 I really want!!
Original post by CemXx732
I’m exactly the same, I got a 7 last year in my mock and then an 8 in December which my teacher did say would be a 7 in summer because of the boundaries. It’s like everyone in my class that has done worse than me in class and in mocks has then all of a sudden done better than me. Hopefully I get the 7 I deserve ☺️

Same! Good luck
hiya
not really a similar situation, but this happened with my english language in 2016-i had gotten 56 and an a* was 55, however i think due to my coursework/controlled assessment, because i had only scraped an a* in my paper, my overall grade was still an a (so technically by paper was a* but coursework etc was a bit mixed with a B, A, and A* or smt like that)
school decided to send off my paper and i got 60 so 4 for marks and was enough to round my overall grade to an a*.
i also recently got my a level history remarked 4 marks which was enough for the next grade, and i had actually put in the paper i did better in to be remarked! i felt as though the examiner had been to generous on the one i did less better in lol so didnt want to risk it:smile:
also, if your overall grade changes, i think you get your money back as it counts as a mistake made by the exam board. :smile:

why do you want a remark? if its entry to do it at a level then probs would be a good idea to remark.
remember they can go up as well down. there have been cases where one paper goes up and another goes down or another stays the same!!

good luck xxxx :smile: :smile: xxx

(and dont worry about it too much, once you do a levels gcses really do not matter, (unless ok you're applying to like oxbridge) no one cares what you got at gcse lol). i got an A in english lit and A* in language and came out with a B at a level. Alternatively, friends got a* in lit and also got B's at a level.
Reply 9
Original post by lauraleech
hiya
not really a similar situation, but this happened with my english language in 2016-i had gotten 56 and an a* was 55, however i think due to my coursework/controlled assessment, because i had only scraped an a* in my paper, my overall grade was still an a (so technically by paper was a* but coursework etc was a bit mixed with a B, A, and A* or smt like that)
school decided to send off my paper and i got 60 so 4 for marks and was enough to round my overall grade to an a*.
i also recently got my a level history remarked 4 marks which was enough for the next grade, and i had actually put in the paper i did better in to be remarked! i felt as though the examiner had been to generous on the one i did less better in lol so didnt want to risk it:smile:
also, if your overall grade changes, i think you get your money back as it counts as a mistake made by the exam board. :smile:

why do you want a remark? if its entry to do it at a level then probs would be a good idea to remark.
remember they can go up as well down. there have been cases where one paper goes up and another goes down or another stays the same!!

good luck xxxx :smile: :smile: xxx

(and dont worry about it too much, once you do a levels gcses really do not matter, (unless ok you're applying to like oxbridge) no one cares what you got at gcse lol). i got an A in english lit and A* in language and came out with a B at a level. Alternatively, friends got a* in lit and also got B's at a level.

Thank you for your information! I wanted a remark because in mocks I got a 7 and an 8, and then got a 6 in the real exam that I was a bit disappointed with. It happened with my literature last year, as I was predicted a 7/8 and then got a 5. I got a remark for that and came back 1 mark off a 6 so stayed at a grade 5. I am also wanting to do it for a Level in which case the sixth form I want to go to would like you to have a 7 to do the course, but it isn’t necessary. I’m willing to pay thought to get the grade I deserve!

Quick Reply

Latest