The Student Room Group

Worried I'll fail my first year resits

My first year resits are coming up, and I horribly failed my first exams. I failed all 3 exam modules but passed the two others, so now have 3 exams next week.

im scared I'll fail and not get to live with my awesome friends next year but I only need 40%. Does anyone know if ill get to resit the year? I go to Warwick uni studying chemistry? ( I got 9% 8% and 22% in my first try)
Reply 1
Did you have extenuating circumstances that you made the uni aware of before taking your exams?
Reply 2
Original post by Sataris
Did you have extenuating circumstances that you made the uni aware of before taking your exams?

No, apart from compulsive disorder to not go to lectures, party, smoke weed any play video games.
Reply 3
You probably will have to retake the year, as Universities are usually reluctant to let students go, but you should look it up with the website.

Also, how on Earth did you manage a 8%?
You could revise for an hour or something and get more than that?
Original post by Nutty_choc1
My first year resits are coming up, and I horribly failed my first exams. I failed all 3 exam modules but passed the two others, so now have 3 exams next week.

im scared I'll fail and not get to live with my awesome friends next year but I only need 40%. Does anyone know if ill get to resit the year? I go to Warwick uni studying chemistry? ( I got 9% 8% and 22% in my first try)

Mate, i can fully empathise. I am waiting to get my resit results in a couple of weeks and if i fail may possibly get kicked out without being allowed a resit first year. (Physics).
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
No, apart from compulsive disorder to not go to lectures, party, smoke weed any play video games.

Have a look at the uni regulations or ask someone in the department. They may make you retake or they may let you progress to second year but keep a very close eye on you

If you are funded by Student Finance you should find you are funded for another year as you are normally awarded 3 years of funding in addition to 1 gift year. However, whether or not the university allow you to sit the year again is a matter for them to decide.

In my opinion, if you are granted a second opportunity you need to learn to apply yourself as opposed to following the same routine you mentioned above.

Aha u lad
Reply 8
Original post by King Philip IV
Aha u lad

Haha, I hope you pass man, I respect everyone who does physics, that **** is crazy. Can I ask what uni you go to, if you passed your labs and what you spent the year doing :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by Boredx2
You probably will have to retake the year, as Universities are usually reluctant to let students go, but you should look it up with the website.

Also, how on Earth did you manage a 8%?
You could revise for an hour or something and get more than that?

their website says if u sit resits you either
1) get into the next year
2) get kicked out

I'm not sure if the guidelines are just blunt because they guidelines, but the weird thing is I haven't met anyone on my course thats redoing their first year, but maybe thats because I didn't meet many people who are on my course.
Ask the Uni. What a waste of money....
Original post by Andrew97
Ask the Uni. What a waste of money....

Maybe I failed, I learnt and experienced things worth more than 9k
**** i thought getting 38-39s in my first trys was bad.. did you not do any last minute revision?

the solution is literally to knuckle down

for my resits I just had, I literally pulled 15 hours a day. probably the most studying i've ever done in my life - maths at uni is a *****.
Haha, I hope you pass man, I respect everyone who does physics, that **** is crazy. Can I ask what uni you go to, if you passed your labs and what you spent the year doing :wink:

Hey mate im on a different account because my old one isn’t working atm. Aha phys isnt too bad chemistry was impossible for me! I go to exeter and yes i managed to pass labs!(my lab partner was sick) and yeah spent most of the year on the lash and cramming for mid terms/ problem sheet deadlines haha. I failed 3 out of 8 moduels though so they called me back to resit.(only allowed to fail 2 minimum).
Original post by Princepieman
**** i thought getting 38-39s in my first trys was bad.. did you not do any last minute revision?

the solution is literally to knuckle down

for my resits I just had, I literally pulled 15 hours a day. probably the most studying i've ever done in my life - maths at uni is a *****.

I've been pulling 8-10 hours straight in the past 2-3 weeks, I'm due to finish all the lectures tomorrow, so ill have approx 40 hours solid work time to practice for my exams. I know how you feel man, chemistry has gotten to be a drag even though I loved it ( maybe because Im cramming). people studying non STEM subjects have it easy...

I did a tiny bit of last minute revision for the module I scored 22% ( I was so shocked at this high score considering I barely did anything) but the other two I gave up on
Original post by Hugues De Payns
Hey mate im on a different account because my old one isn’t working atm. Aha phys isnt too bad chemistry was impossible for me! I go to exeter and yes i managed to pass labs!(my lab partner was sick) and yeah spent most of the year on the lash and cramming for mid terms/ problem sheet deadlines haha. I failed 3 out of 8 moduels though so they called me back to resit.(only allowed to fail 2 minimum).

Sucks to not have a working lab partner... you're a boss for passing without one.

haha sounds like we're similar in some sense even though you actually passed the majority of ur exams. failing isn't nice but its nice to know I failed because I didn't try not because Im stupid ( but then again maybe im stupid for not trying)
Sucks to not have a working lab partner... you're a boss for passing without one.

haha sounds like we're similar in some sense even though you actually passed the majority of ur exams. failing isn't nice but its nice to know I failed because I didn't try not because Im stupid

Haha by sick i mean my partner was awesome, he carried me through the whole year. Btw how many modules did you fail and how many exams do you have to resit?[QUOTE="Nutty_choc1;79564162"]
(edited 5 years ago)
[QUOTE="Payns;79564256" Hugues="Hugues" De="De"]Haha by sick i mean my partner was awesome, he carried me through the whole year. Btw how many modules did you fail and how many exams do you have to resit?

loool a good lab partner helps too :smile: I failed 3/5 modules, so I have to resit those 3 exams since they were 100% exams. I only passed my maths module and lab module
loool a good lab partner helps too :smile: I failed 3/5 modules, so I have to resit those 3 exams since they were 100% exams. I only passed my maths module and lab module

Ok kl and you need 40% in each exam to pass? Best of luck lad :smile: (Oh nvm all of its in the OP)
(edited 5 years ago)
I go to Warwick uni studying chemistry? ( I got 9% 8% and 22% in my first try)

Damn, Warwick is harsh. At my uni you get 10% for just getting your name and date right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending