The Student Room Group

help a desperate,confused student

So I just got done with my O-levels and got a really nice result
I am a little confused about A-levels now.
I am going for sciences( physics, chemistry and biology ) But want to go for another subject ( which I am dubious about)
My school is offering psychology as well. But I heard it is really difficult and students are unable to handle it along with the other subjects.
someone please tell me if it will be okay and whether I would be able to get into a good uni with this subject combination.
( I am from Pakistan btw )
Reply 1
In Pakistan
Reply 2
Thank you so much for the information.
Reply 3
I was thinking about going abroad as well.
It all depends on what my parents decide.
But if I am going to live in Pakistan, I need to have maximum subjects to secure a well position in uni especially in medical
Reply 4
Thank you for the guidance. I do consider your perspective.
Reply 5
Original post by lola tameer
I am going for sciences( physics, chemistry and biology ) But want to go for another subject ( which I am dubious about)
My school is offering psychology as well. But I heard it is really difficult and students are unable to handle it along with the other subjects.
someone please tell me if it will be okay and whether I would be able to get into a good uni with this subject combination.

If you want a fourth subject maybe look into math? Most students who do any 2 scienes cope easily with maths. I am gussing you are doing IAL?
Reply 6
Original post by ab173
If you want a fourth subject maybe look into math? Most students who do any 2 scienes cope easily with maths. I am gussing you are doing IAL?

I don't like maths but will still give it a shot...
I will take a trail.
Thank you for the suggestion.
Reply 7
I don't like maths but will still give it a shot...
I will take a trail.
Thank you for the suggestion.

You are welcome. You might not like it but Chem Phy and Bio all require a certain extent of math. You're doing all three so you must be good. Just keep in mind that it's not your degree, you don't have to be passionate about it. IAL is just a bridge that enables you to do what you want in uni. If you're good at maths then diffinitely give it a shot even if you don't like it!
Reply 8

I heard sociology is easier plus its similar to psychology and plus your going to have to drop one anyway so you can pick the fourth subject as a drop subject for year 13

Quick Reply

Latest