The Student Room Group

'Bodyguard' - BBC One

"A troubled war veteran is assigned to protect a controversial politician who may be the target of a terror plot."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06crngy

Anyone see this last night? What did you think? Is it realistic?

-

I noticed that the set seemed very similar to the one used in the political comedy, The Thick of It, if anyone's seen that show :lol:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Realllly good show. Acting is top notch. Story is great. Enjoyed it so far and cannot wait for the next episode :excited:

Would recomend 100%.
The scene on the train at the start of the first episode was intense. Really gripping.

Overall was a great watch. Need to watch episode 2 still but will defo keep watching it.
Reply 3
Original post by Castro Saint
The scene on the train at the start of the first episode was intense. Really gripping.

Overall was a great watch. Need to watch episode 2 still but will defo keep watching it.

Yes! The train scene was excellent :biggrin:
Reply 4
The wait for sunday night :sleep:
Reply 5
Original post by 8472
The wait for sunday night :sleep:

Soon :lol:
Reply 6
Might give this a look, it seems right up my street. And I love The Thick of It!
Reply 7
Original post by Sataris
Might give this a look, it seems right up my street. And I love The Thick of It!

Yes!!

The guy who played Stuart Pearson is on Bodyguard as well!

Let me know if you think the set looks similar/is exactly the same to the super department in The Thick of It :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Blue_Cow
Yes!!

The guy who played Stuart Pearson is on Bodyguard as well!

Let me know if you think the set looks similar/is exactly the same to the super department in The Thick of It :smile:

Oh no Stuart Pearson is in it?? I won't be able to take his character seriously :lol:
Reply 9
Original post by Sataris
Oh no Stuart Pearson is in it?? I won't be able to take his character seriously :lol:

Dr Jazz!
"A troubled war veteran is assigned to protect a controversial politician who may be the target of a terror plot."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06crngy

Anyone see this last night? What did you think? Is it realistic?

-

I noticed that the set seemed very similar to the one used in the political comedy, The Thick of It, if anyone's seen that show :lol:

Oooh that was goooooood :^_^: Chanel reminds me a bit of Nicola Murray's personal aide, although more grumpy :biggrin: Have you watched Utopia??
Reply 11
Original post by Sataris
Oooh that was goooooood :^_^: Chanel reminds me a bit of Nicola Murray's personal aide, although more grumpy :biggrin: Have you watched Utopia??

I've not seen Utopia, no. But it's on the watch list :tongue:

Yeah, I see what you mean about Chanel :biggrin:
I've not seen Utopia, no. But it's on the watch list :tongue:

Yeah, I see what you mean about Chanel :biggrin:

Ah okay, just cos I recognised Julia's new aide from there, where he's a really laid back psychopathic hitman. But yeah watch it watch it watch it watch it!
Reply 13
Original post by Sataris
Ah okay, just cos I recognised Julia's new aide from there, where he's a really laid back psychopathic hitman. But yeah watch it watch it watch it watch it!

Tomorrow :ahee:
Reply 14
Half an hour boys
Okay sorry for bumping the thread, but omg that episode :gah:
Super excited for the finale :excited: :nutcase:
Reply 17
Original post by laurawatt
Super excited for the finale :excited: :nutcase:

:gah:
Who can you trust? Who's a suspect? :afraid:

Wonder if they will do a second series :beard:
Original post by 8472
:gah:
Who can you trust? Who's a suspect? :afraid:

Wonder if they will do a second series :beard:

i really hope they do!! :biggrin:

i wonder who budd's wife has been seeing? :holmes: that could be where they are getting their information :eek:
quality entertainment. Recently binged the series or though I have yet to watch the latest episode

Before I discovered the series, i was thinking to myself what a shame it was that there are so few serious dramatisations of the British Police. Then 'Bodyguard' pops up on my radar and I'm completely satisfied :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest