The Student Room Group

The Current Year 9 Thread Mark l (2018-2019)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TofAndMow
oh wtf that's weird. i didn't know that. thanks

Nah you're the weird one. As far as I know most school choose in year 9 :tongue:
Original post by Bill Nye
Nah you're the weird one. As far as I know most school choose in year 9 :tongue:

lol
Reply 42
Yo, if anyone has any sorts of revision please mention on thread or dm me (aside from past papers)
Much Appreciated
Reply 43
Original post by Bill Nye
Yes, if you picked subjects in year 8.

Make decent notes or whatever in your book in class and that will be enough.

At my school we picked our subjects in year 9, but still started GCSE courses for a lot of them.

I didn't really do any work in year 9 except what I had to.

Same, so we did a bit of GCSE topics in year 9 as well as picking them but did you do any GCSE revision then or not?
Original post by EO4LIF3
Same, so we did a bit of GCSE topics in year 9 as well as picking them but did you do any GCSE revision then or not?

No.

The only revision I did was making a few notes etc a couple of days before the end of year exams (we had exams in the hall for maths, English, science and languages). I don't have the notes now though :tongue:

All you need to do is make decent notes in your books during lessons so that you can look back through your books before a small test or whatever and it is clear what you have learnt.
(edited 5 years ago)
o God I have wasted this summer. school starts in 3 1/2 days
o God I have wasted this summer. school starts in 3 1/2 days

Same I go back on the 4th :frown:
Original post by katiejdjdididj
Same I go back on the 4th :frown:

I can't wait tho lol
I can't wait tho lol

Some things I’m looking forward to and some things I’m not lol
Some things I’m looking forward to and some things I’m not lol

lol same. I picked gcses in y8 so I'm doing them this year and i really regret picking health and social care. I'm looking forward to doing science and maths though lol
lol same. I picked gcses in y8 so I'm doing them this year and i really regret picking health and social care. I'm looking forward to doing science and maths though lol

Me too but I’m looking forward to health and social care haha I’m looking forward to Geography the most though
Me too but I’m looking forward to health and social care haha I’m looking forward to Geography the most though

I chose history but regret it. rip

how did ur first day go? I just realized we don't start until tomorrow so yehh
how did ur first day go? I just realized we don't start until tomorrow so yehh

I chose history but regret it. rip

I kinda regret imedia tbh and it was alright I was super tired though because my sister decided to blast some music at 2am 🙄 they’ve changed loads of things to do with planners and stationary this year so I don’t even need half of what I’ve bought though I wish they’d told us in advance lol
I kinda regret imedia tbh and it was alright I was super tired though because my sister decided to blast some music at 2am 🙄 they’ve changed loads of things to do with planners and stationary this year so I don’t even need half of what I’ve bought though I wish they’d told us in advance lol

haha rip. so it was ok?

haha rip. so it was ok?
haha rip. so it was ok?

yeah it was pretty good lol
hey! i just got back from my first day of year 9 and it went great!! we went in at 11 so the year 7s could get used to the school by themselves. only had period 4 and 5 which was Spanish and English. tbh they were really boring. I have been moved up from being all in set 2 to being in all in set 1. I am happy with my classes even though I only know like 2 people.
is this thread dead
Original post by randonposter7484
is this thread dead

Nope just very few years 9s

Quick Reply