The Student Room Group

King's College London vs Cass Business School

Hi I am putting the following as choices for BSc Accounting and Finance just want people's opinions on the ranking of the universities if I were to get all 5 offers please rank them 1 being best 5 worst (relatively) thanks - I would like to get on an ACA Audit scheme at a top 20 accounting firm after graduation.

Kings College London
Cass Business School
Surrey University
Royal Holloway University
University of Birmingham

Also opinions on the academic difficulty of LSE BSc Accounting and Finance?
Opinions on Queen Mary University of London Accounting and Management - it offers no ACA exemptions?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1. Kings 2. Birmingham 3. Cass 4.Surrey 5. Royal Holloway
Original post by RivenOTP

That is interesting as entry requirements for Birmingham are AAB compared to AAA for Cass
Out of interest where would you put Queen Mary University of London BSc Accounting and Management? Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by snoopyx
That is interesting as entry requirements for Birmingham are AAB compared to AAA for Cass
Out of interest where would you put Queen Mary University of London BSc Accounting and Management? Thanks

1. Kings 2. Queen Mary 3. Birmingham ...
1. Kings 2. Queen Mary 3. Birmingham ...

That is very interesting is Queen Mary very well regarded nowadays?
Reply 5
Original post by snoopyx

no
Reply 6
Original post by snoopyx

Your other 5 choices are probably better
Reply 7
1.Kings
2.Birmingham
3.Cass
4. Surrey
5.Queen Mary
6.RH
Reply 8
Original post by snoopyx
Hi I am putting the following as choices for BSc Accounting and Finance just want people's opinions on the ranking of the universities if I were to get all 5 offers please rank them 1 being best 5 worst (relatively) thanks - I would like to get on an ACA Audit scheme at a top 20 accounting firm after graduation.

Kings College London
Cass Business School
Surrey University
Royal Holloway University
University of Birmingham

Also opinions on the academic difficulty of LSE BSc Accounting and Finance?
Opinions on Queen Mary University of London Accounting and Management - it offers no ACA exemptions?

Do you want to live in London? Do you take maths A level? Have you looking into years in industry?
Original post by ajj2000
Do you want to live in London? Do you take maths A level? Have you looking into years in industry?

Yes I want to live in London, have done Maths A level and don't want to do year in industry.
I am considering exemptions from the ACA qualification for university choice also - King's is a new course and therefore doesnt' have any at the moment but the name is prestigious so might be worth more?
Original post by snoopyx
Yes I want to live in London, have done Maths A level and don't want to do year in industry.
I am considering exemptions from the ACA qualification for university choice also - King's is a new course and therefore doesnt' have any at the moment but the name is prestigious so might be worth more?

How many exemptions does each course give? Sometimes its a huge difference so might be an issue. In general I'm not so convinced by chasing ACA exemptions (ACCA is a different matter) as the firms pay for training and give time off to study - and the bigger firms change policy regularly and often limit the number of exemptions their trainees can claim.

Anyway - I would tend towards courses which demand A level maths if you have it. There can be a big difference in the way the finance sections are taught. For that reason I would heavily lean towards Kings. Have you considered LSE?
Original post by snoopyx
Exemptions are:City 8 AAASurrey 8 AABRoyal holloway 6 AAB-ABBBirmingham 6 AABLse 5 AAAQmul 0 AAAKings college london 0 AAAI have looked at LSE but worried its too difficult do you think kings would be the same level?

I don't know - the LSE course seems to a somewhat different emphasis to most courses so I guess its a question of taste? I'd be surprised if Kings don't get any exemptions - have you mailed them and the ICAEW/ ICAS to ask?
Original post by Film
1.Kings
2.Birmingham
3.Cass
4. Surrey
5.Queen Mary
6.RH

Do you think I should put Queen Mary instead of Royal Holloway as it is better uni although it offers 0 exemptions compared to 6?

Hi everyone I’m thinking about kicking out Surrey and Royal Holloway and adding two from the following list of russell group unis which would you choose? Thanks

Bristol
Cardiff
Durham
Edinburgh
Exeter
Leeds
Lse
Manchester
Newcastle
Southampton
Nottingham
York
Warwick
Reply 14
Exeter and Warwick
Original post by Film
Exeter and Warwick

Is Exeter better than Durham do you think?
Original post by Film
Exeter and Warwick

What about if I had three choices and made birmingham not a firm definite but part of the above list?
Original post by snoopyx
Hi everyone I’m thinking about kicking out Surrey and Royal Holloway and adding two from the following list of russell group unis which would you choose? Thanks

Bristol
Cardiff
Durham
Edinburgh
Exeter
Leeds
Lse
Manchester
Newcastle
Southampton
Nottingham
York
Warwick

LSE and Warwick
LSE and Warwick

Im actually adding 3 and not sure I want to go to lse bcos of the lack of social life? So which 3 would you pick excluding lse
Reply 19
Original post by snoopyx
Is Exeter better than Durham do you think?

For business, yes. For many other courses no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending