The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by happyy
This video shows, what standard rooms are like, it's near to the end. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGj45VgavIc :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I know this is a bit of an old thread, but as the uni website doesn't show pictures of some of the accommodation types, is there any chance I'd be able to get a few pictures from you guys? The main ones I'm interested in are: Bowland Annexe, Ash House, and perhaps some of the other bowland ones (like the standard acc.), just to see how much you get for the cost increase.Thanks :smile:
Original post by The-Hof123
I know this is a bit of an old thread, but as the uni website doesn't show pictures of some of the accommodation types, is there any chance I'd be able to get a few pictures from you guys? The main ones I'm interested in are: Bowland Annexe, Ash House, and perhaps some of the other bowland ones (like the standard acc.), just to see how much you get for the cost increase.Thanks :smile:

Hey I’m looking to come to Lancaster in October this year and was also looking for pictures of the Ash House accommodation. I asked the Bowland accommodation officer for pictures and she directed me to the unis accommodation Facebook page (link below). There are plenty of images of the different accommodation types in the photo section of the page. There are 4 pictures of Bowland’s Ash House spread across the 12th-14th rows of photos (if looking at the page on a computer not a phone as it’s layed out differently on phones).

Hope that helps and maybe I’ll see you on campus next year? What are you planning on studying? I’ve applied for Physics.

Tineke

https://m.facebook.com/LUAccommodation/?locale2=en_GB
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Tsalmon
Hey I’m looking to come to Lancaster in October this year and was also looking for pictures of the Ash House accommodation. I asked the Bowland accommodation officer for pictures and she directed me to the unis accommodation Facebook page (link below). There are plenty of images of the different accommodation types in the photo section of the page. There are 4 pictures of Bowland’s Ash House spread across the 12th-14th rows of photos (if looking at the page on a computer not a phone as it’s layed out differently on phones).

Hope that helps and maybe I’ll see you on campus next year? What are you planning on studying? I’ve applied for Physics.

Tineke

https://m.facebook.com/LUAccommodation/?locale2=en_GB

Sorry about the late reply, but ash house has been renovated recently (2016), and the pics on the page are from before the renovation. http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/facilities/accommodation/news/2015/ash-house-refurbishment/

But even these photos (from the above link), aren't great, there's no view of the bathrooms etc

Yeah, hopefully!! I'm planning on studying maths with a year abroad.
Sorry about the late reply, but ash house has been renovated recently (2016), and the pics on the page are from before the renovation. http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/facilities/accommodation/news/2015/ash-house-refurbishment/

But even these photos (from the above link), aren't great, there's no view of the bathrooms etc

Yeah, hopefully!! I'm planning on studying maths with a year abroad.

Hi, the Ash House refurbishment was finished in September 2015 and the pics I’m referring to on Facebook are from when the refurbishment was just finished although you’re right there’s no pics of the bathrooms. Apparently there’s 4 shower rooms between 12-13.

Below are direct links to the pics I’m referring to:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=966404843420836&id=162936613767667&set=a.504536882940970.1073741828.162936613767667&source=54

This is a link to the first image, If you click to the right theres a couple of pics. Hope this helps :smile:

Edit: I also found this video but forgot to attach it. 😂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BLlR-3IsvsE
(edited 6 years ago)
I've been looking at the on-campus accommodation and most of them seem really old looking and I don't really know much about what the different colleges are like :frown:

Does anyone have any opinions on the best accommodation with an ensuite??? (in terms of actual room/ kitchen, atmosphere, people, anything you particularly like about it??)

AND apart from the usual things to bring, is there anything you noticed you should have bought with you at the start of the year that you can't live without LOL

Look forward to hearing your response!

p.s: how early can you start applying for accommodation?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by roukiaa23
I've been looking at the on-campus accommodation and most of them seem really old looking and I don't really know much about what the different colleges are like :frown:

Does anyone have any opinions on the best accommodation with an ensuite??? (in terms of actual room/ kitchen, atmosphere, people, anything you particularly like about it??)

AND apart from the usual things to bring, is there anything you noticed you should have bought with you at the start of the year that you can't live without LOL

Look forward to hearing your response!

p.s: how early can you start applying for accommodation?

Bowland, Pendle and Grizedale have all been recently refurbished. They're basically the same (all the colleges), it's just whether you want to be in the centre of campus (Bowland), the outskirts and closer to Lancs(County), the outskirts the other side (Cartmel/Lonsdale). etc etc.

People, that'll depend on who you're with. The superior ensuites are very nice. Stayed in one for my summer school. But Cartmel/Lonsdale are both catered, and so you don't really get the whole uni experience.

You'll get a chance to pick up anything that you've forgotten on your weekends home (most people head home once or twice a term, for the weekend).

You can apply for accommodation in June.

Hope this helps :smile:

Which course are you going to be studying? I'm applying for maths
Bowland, Pendle and Grizedale have all been recently refurbished. They're basically the same (all the colleges), it's just whether you want to be in the centre of campus (Bowland), the outskirts and closer to Lancs(County), the outskirts the other side (Cartmel/Lonsdale). etc etc.

People, that'll depend on who you're with. The superior ensuites are very nice. Stayed in one for my summer school. But Cartmel/Lonsdale are both catered, and so you don't really get the whole uni experience.

You'll get a chance to pick up anything that you've forgotten on your weekends home (most people head home once or twice a term, for the weekend).

You can apply for accommodation in June.

Hope this helps :smile:

Which course are you going to be studying? I'm applying for maths

Yes this helps alot! I'm going to be studying Medicine.

Another questions, are there superior ensuite or just normal ensuite in Bowland, Pendle or Grizedale???

I know I definitely want my own bathroom and I do not want to live in catered accommodation.

Are you applying this year or have your already applied???
Original post by roukiaa23
Yes this helps alot! I'm going to be studying Medicine.

Another questions, are there superior ensuite or just normal ensuite in Bowland, Pendle or Grizedale???

I know I definitely want my own bathroom and I do not want to live in catered accommodation.

Are you applying this year or have your already applied???

ah nice! I've already applied (last October) one thing though: if you have shared bathrooms, they get cleaned by a cleaner. if you have your own, you'll need to clean it yourself. I'm not sure about the superior ensuites, but you can check on the iLancaster app.
Anybody have any idea when the applications for accommodation open this year? :smile:
June.
http://accommodation.lancaster.ac.uk/

FYI, this will be the page you'll use to create an accommodation application. Hopefully, it opens tomorrow (1st June) because they just say applications will open in June.
Just a quick question, but I was wondering whether basic standard rooms in Bowland have a mirror?
Hello everybody!I am a postgraduate at Lancaster University and I live off campus. The presentation of my dissertation has been scheduled for 10 September. This is why I need accommodation from 25 August to mid September or late September. Where should I look? Is there a board where students rent their rooms after they leave or before they arrive for university on campus? I prefer on-campus accommodation but I am ok with off-campus accommodation too. Where should I look for off-campus accommodation? I have looked around but most landlords rent for the whole year. Any advice is welcome. Thank you very much. Sophia
HeyGot a superior ensuite offer at Lonsdale College, single sex.I’m alright with that, but just wanted to ask, what are the chances of my flat mates stopping me having my girlfriend over? I read the guide and it says I’ll need consent from them. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? If she just keeps to my room is it likely people will object?
Original post by TragedyGaddafi
HeyGot a superior ensuite offer at Lonsdale College, single sex.I’m alright with that, but just wanted to ask, what are the chances of my flat mates stopping me having my girlfriend over? I read the guide and it says I’ll need consent from them. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? If she just keeps to my room is it likely people will object?

It's unlikely that your flatmates will not allow you to have her over. Flatmates only tend to get annoyed if that person practically lives there, which can be annoying after a while. I mean as long as she is respectful and not being excessively loud it should be cool. I would be sure to bring it up and ensure everyone is cool with it. :smile: You may only have an issue if your flatmates have a solid reason for living in an all male flat (religious ect).
Original post by happyy
It's unlikely that your flatmates will not allow you to have her over. Flatmates only tend to get annoyed if that person practically lives there, which can be annoying after a while. I mean as long as she is respectful and not being excessively loud it should be cool. I would be sure to bring it up and ensure everyone is cool with it. :smile: You may only have an issue if your flatmates have a solid reason for living in an all male flat (religious ect).

Thank You! Just as a follow up, what do you think the chances of them being like that are?
Original post by TragedyGaddafi
Thank You! Just as a follow up, what do you think the chances of them being like that are?

I would say a 99% chance that they won't care and a slim chance that they will. I mean you'll only have an issue if one of your flatmates doesn't get on with her. I would tell her to be extra nice the first few times she is in the flat and all should be good :smile:
Guys, I've majorly screwed up and I need your help! Basically, I changed my accommodation offer from self catered to catered, but now I've realised I don't get nearly enough in student loans to afford it! I've called up to try and change it back and they've said there's no spaces left... and now I'm really worried that I'm gonna be left with no money all year! What should I do??
Original post by FourthGear
Guys, I've majorly screwed up and I need your help! Basically, I changed my accommodation offer from self catered to catered, but now I've realised I don't get nearly enough in student loans to afford it! I've called up to try and change it back and they've said there's no spaces left... and now I'm really worried that I'm gonna be left with no money all year! What should I do??

A lot of universities let you apply for an accommodation move a few weeks into the term. You could try that?

Quick Reply