The Student Room Group

The 'Welp, I tried' A-Level blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clouddbubbles
yoooo so many essays :frown:
defo keep me updated though :hugs:

I knowwww:frown: ugh still not happy with it so probs gonna edit it a lil more:redface:
Thought I wasn't a cool enough tsrian to have a tag list, but apparently I do so do you want me to add you?
Original post by troubletracking
I knowwww:frown: ugh still not happy with it so probs gonna edit it a lil more:redface:
Thought I wasn't a cool enough tsrian to have a tag list, but apparently I do so do you want me to add you?

yessssss please do!
yessssss please do!

will do:smile:
Monday, 3rd September 2018
Days until I find something else to put here: ~4 (that symbol means appox. right??)
Today's timetable: History (P2) and French (P4)

So, first day back, huh? In one word, it was kinda weird (okay maybe that was two but shh details, details)

I didn't have first period this morning, which meant I could lie in until the luxurious hour of 7am before getting a 90 minute bus commute to college because I'm an inadequate potato and don't know how to catch a train, which apparently takes 8 minutes. For real though, buses are harmless. If I get on a wrong bus, the furthest I could ever end up is, like, Leeds. If I hop on the wrong train, ya girl could be writing her evening TSR post from Glasgow or something.
My first lesson was history, which wasn't too bad. I was sat next to some nice people but I didn't get to talk with them all that much cos our teacher was just kinda speaking at us for the entire lesson. I did like my teacher, even though he's just until December because our actual one's on maternity leave, though I don't think I'll ever get used to calling them by their first names. Um, no thank you, calling him Richard just makes me feel a bit weird. So yeah, it was just an intro to the modern Britain topic by going over themes (to which he introduced by singing the James Bond theme), and then he gave us homework. Love it:redface:
Met up with my friend at break before finding her drama room because somehow I've figured my way around already (though I haven't yet assessed which toilets are the cleanest but I'm sure we'll get to that), and then I had a free period in which I felt a little lost. I didn't really know, like, anyone, so I sat in the library, shoved my earphones in and started on the history homework, which was just to find a load of political-sounding word definitions. I got about half of it done, because the signal was abysmal and I was barely getting 3G so I thought "screw it" and stared into space for another fifteen minutes before meeting my one friend from high school at lunch.
We have an hour for lunch, which was absolutely mental to us because we only had half an hour in secondary school, so we didn't know what the hell to do. We walked to Gregg's (obvs) and by the time we'd faffed around, I was off to French, which was acc quite nice. Met some really nice people, and was sat next to this lovely girl who was taking French, Spanish, German AND English Lit and I was shooketh. We just did present tense, which was pretty straightforward and nothing new, but I did feel a little out of my depth and like a daft onion cos everyone else had The Accent™, which was never been a natural talent of mine. I can't explain it very well, but even if I pronounce things right, they still don't come out sounding very French so I guess I need to perfect speaking like I've got tonsillitis or something:redface:
It was such a weird day, tbh, cos it doesn't feel like I've been at school. I'm not in uniform and I've literally had two lessons and I haven't seen any (bar about two) of the people I'd usually see in school. I don't know where I'm going half the time or what I'm supposed to be doing, but i gues in a month things will settle down and i'll know what the hell I'm doing with my life.

When I got home, I felt like I'd have mountains of work (i'm sure that's coming soon enough lol) like I did back in June, but I just did a bit of homework:

History:
Finished off those political definition thingys. I didn't realise how political it was going to be, but I don't really mind. I'm quite indifferent to political-ness (um, politics, Meghan?) in history tbh, and I guess it's kind of interesting.
French:
We had to finish off some present tense worksheets due in for tomorrow, which didn't take me long as I'd done most of it in lesson, and we also got given vocab for a vocab test next Tuesday. We're starting off on family (if that isn't a classic MFL topic i don't know what is), so i stuck all the words in quizlet and went through them. There's only thirteen, though, which seems a bit suspicious, so I'll ask someone tomrorow if I'm looking at the right sid eo fthe sheet.
Idk, I feel weird, I feel like there's more I should be doing, even when there's not. (How about the summer reading you made a pitiful attempt on?) Nope, defnitely nothing to do...

So yeah, fisrt day done. I'm kinda excited for things to get going and to get a proper routine tbh, because i hate this awkard limbo where I feel like a year 7 again wandering around with my planner out like a tourist.
Also, I'm acc really stumped about what to stick in the space where my countdown was, because there's no need for it until year 13. So, I dunno, I was thinking like currently reading or idk the weather or ootd or something (deffo not ootd all my outfits look the same lmao)?? Literally got no clue so if you've got any better ideas that me, give us a shout:smile:

Pour souls who have committed to being tagged:
(if you're also slightly masochistic, lemme know if you wanna be tagged- or removed, for that matter:smile:)

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by henarr
Hey, I’m starting A level French too this year! Kind of worried about it, especially the essay part.. But also excited as I loved it at gcse :smile:

Woo a level french buddies!! Yeah i'm both nervous and lowkey excited too tbh:tongue: Are you on AQA?
Doubt you have owt to worry about with them GCSE's mate.
‘tourist’ sixth formers are my absolute faves :laugh:
richard sounds great haha
this looks good! keep me tagged xox
Original post by ksbfkjsdkjfs
Doubt you have owt to worry about with them GCSE's mate.

Ah thank you, though I guess there's pressure now:redface: And I don't think I can get away with the amount of revision I did for English last year either:colondollar:
‘tourist’ sixth formers are my absolute faves :laugh:
richard sounds great haha

Literally felt like Mr bean in Cannes
He sure is a hoot:redface:
Original post by katebethanevans
this looks good! keep me tagged xox

Ah thank you! Will do:smile:
I get your confusion:laugh: it feels weird being in non uniform and not knowing anyone:dontknow: I guess we’ll get used to it? Glad you’ve made some friends and liked your teachers (Richard sounds funny:smile: lmao the first name thing is weird though).
:grouphugs:
Original post by Toastiekid
I get your confusion:laugh: it feels weird being in non uniform and not knowing anyone:dontknow: I guess we’ll get used to it? Glad you’ve made some friends and liked your teachers (Richard sounds funny:smile: lmao the first name thing is weird though).
:grouphugs:

Feel like such a lost puppy:biggrin:
Yes I should imagine so, we'll be strutting around by October
Ah Richard is a legend, seeing him tomorrow:wink: (it's so weird lmao)
you forgot to tag me:cry:
glad to hear your first day was good:biggrin:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
you forgot to tag me:cry:
glad to hear your first day was good:biggrin:

Ah my apologies, didn't know whether or not you wanted to be tagged and I didn't wanna bombard you with notifs:colondollar:
But you shall be tagged hereafter
Original post by troubletracking
Ah my apologies, didn't know whether or not you wanted to be tagged and I didn't wanna bombard you with notifs:colondollar:
But you shall be tagged hereafter

ah cheers:biggrin:
Original post by henarr
Yeah, I’m on AQA :smile: what about you?

Yeah same! Might be crying into your PMs within a few weeks:redface:
good luck meg!
Original post by henarr
I’ll defo be crying back😂 do you know what book and film you’ll be doing?

I don’t, no🙃 Though I’ve got french today so we might find out then. Do you know yours?
Gimme em tags gurl. Your life story is interesting ngl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending