The Student Room Group

16+ Oyster Card Scam/Fraud???

I was on the train today and the ticket inspectors came they were checking every oyster card i overheard one of them saying " he has a fake 16+ oyster card" this guy literally looked about 30 but he had a 16+ oyster card. How is it possible?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Blackax2
I was on the train today and the ticket inspectors came they were checking every oyster card i overheard one of them saying " he has a fake 16+ oyster card" this guy literally looked about 30 but he had a 16+ oyster card. How is it possible?

I don't know how it's possible to acquire fake Oyster cards, but if they did exist it would probably not scan on the inspector's reader. It could just be that the guy used someone else's card and he was caught.
Use somebody else's card. I have access to a card that would save me around £2000 a year in train fares but obviously I don't use it.
It expires once you reach 18 but you don't have to change the card. You pay the adult oyster fare. Or he could have got someone else's card.
There are people that can get them for you, with your picture and name on it. I ~think~ there is a fake school you 'register' to, making you eligible for one, a bunch of my friends got one for the same £20 you would pay for a real one.
Original post by Aaron702
Use somebody else's card. I have access to a card that would save me around £2000 a year in train fares but obviously I don't use it.

why? I use my sisters one and its like 80p to victoria.
Original post by isiaiah d
why? I use my sisters one and its like 80p to victoria.

Because as much as I think the fare's a a total rip off if you get caught using it you can get in serious trouble.
Original post by Aaron702
Because as much as I think the fare's a a total rip off if you get caught using it you can get in serious trouble.

what does happen if you get caught? last time the inspector came and I just put my oyster up to her machine and covered the face with my finger
I’ve seen people on social media sites such as Instagram trying to promote this fake 16+ Oyster card thing.
I am 20 now but I got one when I was about to turn 19. Its pretty easy. And plus i'm not far from 16 so I could get away with it. Obviously I was being stupid and I wouldn't recommend it. If you get caught your screwed. I honestly dont know how a 30 year old could get away with it.
Original post by isiaiah d
what does happen if you get caught? last time the inspector came and I just put my oyster up to her machine and covered the face with my finger

You get fined up to £1000 and potentially a criminal record.
Hi guys,

one of my mate has been caught with 16+ oyster card he is 21 years old but looks 17 or 18 but still using the 16+ oyster card. basically he met a guy online and paid him to make this oyster card . unfortunately today he got caught and inspector took his details and said TFL will be in touch.
I am wondering will he get a fine?
or prosecuted to court and get a criminal record?
if that so a criminal record will destroy his and career.
he is guilty now but any help will be helpful
Original post by Abdullah66
Hi guys,

one of my mate has been caught with 16+ oyster card he is 21 years old but looks 17 or 18 but still using the 16+ oyster card. basically he met a guy online and paid him to make this oyster card . unfortunately today he got caught and inspector took his details and said TFL will be in touch.

What happened? How did they catch him, can't you just lie about your age
Original post by Abdullah66
Hi guys,

What happened?? I have a 16+ like that but it stopped working saying card stopped so I think ive been clocked and im ******** myself ffs I burned the cars but I'm scared imma get a 1k fine:frown:
What do you mean it stopped working doesn’t it come up when you tap in
Original post by Anonymous
What happened?? I have a 16+ like that but it stopped working saying card stopped so I think ive been clocked and im ******** myself ffs I burned the cars but I'm scared imma get a 1k fine:frown:

I am in the same position as well. My 16+ Oyster card stopped working this morning when I got on the bus, on the card reader it says card stopped working. what shall I do?
I am in the same position as well. My 16+ Oyster card stopped working this morning when I got on the bus, on the card reader it says card stopped working. what shall I do?

Exact same thing happened to me this morning , contacted the oyster plug

Same, happened to me this morning.
Same
Exact same thing happened to me this morning , contacted the oyster plug

Same, happened to me this morning

What did the Oyster plug say Regarding the issue almost everyone I know who has the 16+ Oyster card has stopped working. The TFL people did say to email [email protected] to explain why this has had happened.
same thing happened to my friend this morning. She got it one of them false Instagram 16 Oyster card pages. When she tapped, it bleeped red and it says “card stopped”. I’m not too sure what happens - heard a mixture of different things such as 1) you’ll get a criminal record, you’ll have to go jail 2) you have to pay a fine either 40-80 pounds or 1K 3) or apparently you don’t get a letter or nothing. I’m not too sure. If anyone’s card has stopped, what has happened? Have you rececived letter?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending