The Student Room Group

Which unis for BSc Accounting and Finance

My choices so far are Kings College London and Cass Business School (I dont want to go to LSE)
I got A*AA in my A levels
I would like to go into audit in a top 20 firm in the future

Please help me choose 3 more from the following thanks

Birmingham
Bristol
Cardiff
Durham
Edinburgh
Exeter
Leeds
Manchester
Newcastle
Southampton
Nottingham
York
Warwick
(edited 5 years ago)
Have you had a look at:

- Which courses are accredited and will help you towards, for example, chartered accountancy, or whatever qualification you might be interested in
- Campus vs not campus
- The locations, whether they are near cities or not, etc
- Possible 'blacklisted universities' or the common universities employers look at (particularly within accounting/finance)
- Potential universities' websites, what they offer, structure of courses
Original post by saffronmae
Have you had a look at:

- Which courses are accredited and will help you towards, for example, chartered accountancy, or whatever qualification you might be interested in
- Campus vs not campus
- The locations, whether they are near cities or not, etc
- Possible 'blacklisted universities' or the common universities employers look at (particularly within accounting/finance)
- Potential universities' websites, what they offer, structure of courses

Thank you, yes they all generally have 6-8 exemptions, I am not really fussed about whether they are campus/city, my main question is which are most likely to help me get the best job upon graduation - ie most sought after universities, the course structure is similar across all

thanks
Original post by snoopyx
Thank you, yes they all generally have 6-8 exemptions, I am not really fussed about whether they are campus/city, my main question is which are most likely to help me get the best job upon graduation - ie most sought after universities, the course structure is similar across all

thanks

Well, it's quite difficult to give a definitive answer to which will give you the best job after graduation!! I suppose some things to consider, in that respect, would be:

- Russell Group or not? I'm not saying that being in the Russell Group automatically equals better, but it's just something to think about
- The ranking of the business school, though again, university rankings, whether for the whole university or your degree or whatever, are not necessarily reliable
- The business school's accreditations (as opposed to the degree course's) - for example, is it AACSB accredited, does it have a Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter? Has it been awarded the Small Business Charter?
- Have a search for the top universities for employability (again, not always reliable, but still useful)
- On page 31 of the High Fliers Report there is a table showing the universities targeted by the largest number of top employers 2017-2018 - the whole document looks at the graduate market etc so is quite interesting -
https://www.highfliers.co.uk/download/2018/graduate_market/GMReport18.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending