The Student Room Group

Eating alone at college... 😔

I’m still lonely at my lunch breaks and it’s sooooyyy latte awkward... I am eating pizza by myself btw 😂💀💀
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I've been through that , I used to just go home and eat; now it's not really a problem, honestly don't make it an issue, you don't need someone to eat with , I eat alone loads of times. It becomes a problem when it's because of anxiety or bullying; is it ?
I generally prefer to take my breaks and lunches alone at college and uni, if i'm going to be surrounded by most of the people through the classes and my commute i'll want a wee bit of quiet time :smile:
When I was at sixth form I almost always used to sit alone at lunch and honestly I didn't find it a big deal. You learn to appreciate the peace and quiet
Original post by NotNotBatman
I've been through that , I used to just go home and eat; now it's not really a problem, honestly don't make it an issue, you don't need someone to eat with , I eat alone loads of times. It becomes a problem when it's because of anxiety or bullying; is it ?

No... it’s just a shame really as everybody is literally in groups, and I have spoke to people and tried to mingle... but I don’t seem to connect to them... my ratchet soul is deteriorating... 😭💔🖤
Reply 5
Original post by Ratchet Hoe
No... it’s just a shame really as everybody is literally in groups, and I have spoke to people and tried to mingle... but I don’t seem to connect to them... my ratchet soul is deteriorating... 😭💔🖤

You'll get through this! Dun give up💪💪
I think I am too much or an alien for human beings to be comfortable with me... I am not even rude! 💀💀💀💀
I think I am too much or an alien for human beings to be comfortable with me... I am not even rude! 💀💀💀💀

Have you just started college ?
Original post by NotNotBatman
Have you just started college ?

I’ve started this week yeah but I had my induction a week ago or something. It’s weird though because I literally ask people if they want to eat with me or if they want to join in anything, and they all seem to have made friends I guess. I’m not at college for friends but it would be nice to be able to speak to someone
Reply 9
You’re lucky, I used to try and sit alone and some idiot would try and sit next to me or start talking to me like I’m a free entertainment pass. I hate people watching or being around me while I eat. I used to get enough of those people during break and lessons, I think lunch alone was well earnt
Have you ate your meal in the toilets before?
Better to eat alone than having to eat the CIA Illuminati created plastic fish, thats right folks the CIA are putting plastic fish into our water to decrease our lifespans by feeding us fish made from polymers that are created from top secret mind control chemicals made from material extracted from jean claude junkers amigdala, there is no such thing as real fish anymore people! all the fish went extinct with the dinosaurs when the space lizard created "metor" thermonuclear bomb turned the oceans into a hot tub only for the reptilian shapeshifting lizards to replace them with plastic fish.

Proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z0191dhvWI
Original post by Rainfall
Have you ate your meal in the toilets before?

Girl I am not Cady Heron from Mean Girls! 💀
Original post by Dodo0099
Better to eat alone than having to eat the CIA Illuminati created plastic fish, thats right folks the CIA are putting plastic fish into our water to decrease our lifespans by feeding us fish made from polymers that are created from top secret mind control chemicals made from material extracted from jean claude junkers amigdala, there is no such thing as real fish anymore people! all the fish went extinct with the dinosaurs when the space lizard created "metor" thermonuclear bomb turned the oceans into a hot tub only for the reptilian shapeshifting lizards to replace them with plastic fish.

Proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z0191dhvWI

... Ok ZADDY, but I didn’t eat fish...
Original post by 3121
You’re lucky, I used to try and sit alone and some idiot would try and sit next to me or start talking to me like I’m a free entertainment pass. I hate people watching or being around me while I eat. I used to get enough of those people during break and lessons, I think lunch alone was well earnt

Well I know what you mean, as I would HATE to force to speak to people, but I’m a case when you want to talk to somebody, it can be a little lonely such as when I was on the bus home and someone who is shady from my school was speaking to me and being petty af when I was about to get off (by ignoring me when I said hello to be the bigger person and ignored me and while on the bus and getting off asking what I do and saying he got a higher grade than me in one lesson that I 110% doubt). But if I was in your scenario, then I’d rather be alone
I will NEVER change for anybody as I have been brought up like that and was taught that at a young age. I would just like someone I could speak to I guess, and it is the first week anyway
Reply 16
I think I am too much or an alien for human beings to be comfortable with me...

In what way? You will find someone, keep looking and pestering people. ( I mean introduce yourself and ask if you could join)
Reply 17
Well I know what you mean, as I would HATE to force to speak to people, but I’m a case when you want to talk to somebody, it can be a little lonely such as when I was on the bus home and someone who is shady from my school was speaking to me and being petty af when I was about to get off (by ignoring me when I said hello to be the bigger person and ignored me and while on the bus and getting off asking what I do and saying he got a higher grade than me in one lesson that I 110% doubt). But if I was in your scenario, then I’d rather be alone

Yeah I get both sides to the coin tbh, there were times especially when I first went back to school and no one would talk to me because they all had their own groups. If you’re in year 12 hang in, in a few months everyone will mature and appreciate you if you have a welcoming attitude. Through all of year 13 I never came across any pettiness, everyone just grew up
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by onebro
In what way? You will find someone, keep looking and pestering people. ( I mean introduce yourself and ask if you could join)

I confessed that I am not a human... but really I have spoke to people, but I guess that they are not interested
I’ll try! ☺️☺️☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending