The Student Room Group

I feel like this is too much revision

--
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This is wayyyyyy more revision than you need in the first goddamn week of term. You're going to burn out doing this
Like said above, you are doing far too much for GCSE level. Just spend about an hour or two each day and 5 hours on the weekend and go over your class notes. Try to memorise them and see if you can recall them from memory. Also rather than reading stuff, it is much better to practice questions whether they are end of topic questions or exam questions. This helps reaffirm what you learn in your long term memory and provides you with a better indication of what exam questions are going to be like.
Bruh 40 hours is way too much. Chill. It's the start of year, focus on making notes at this point and do a couple of past papers when you finish a topic. Do more revision in Easter and in the lead up to mocks but otherwise do less work, seriously you'll burn out otherwise! Good luck
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
Like said above, you are doing far too much for GCSE level. Just spend about an hour or two each day and 5 hours on the weekend and go over your class notes. Try to memorise them and see if you can recall them from memory. Also rather than reading stuff, it is much better to practice questions whether they are end of topic questions or exam questions. This helps reaffirm what you learn in your long term memory and provides you with a better indication of what exam questions are going to be like.

Thanks for the tips!!!
Too much mate
Original post by bluemuffin
Bruh 40 hours is way too much. Chill. It's the start of year, focus on making notes at this point and do a couple of past papers when you finish a topic. Do more revision in Easter and in the lead up to mocks but otherwise do less work, seriously you'll burn out otherwise! Good luck

Thank you!
Original post by Sataris
This is wayyyyyy more revision than you need in the first goddamn week of term. You're going to burn out doing this

Thanks haha!!!
Original post by Mister XYZ
Too much mate

Ok, thanks!
It's the beginning of the year. Other than homework I did nothing. I only began to revise when prelims came around so like end of december time.
Original post by AzureCeleste
It's the beginning of the year. Other than homework I did nothing. I only began to revise when prelims came around so like end of december time.

I would do this, however, I have my first mocks around December time and I would like to be very well prepared.
Chill out man. You should stick a piece of paper on your bedroom wall with the quote “quality of quantity”.
Man, that is way too much. Take it from someone who got 10 A*s, you only need to be doing 30 mins max a day at this point, and that’s not even necessary. I’d say start doing a little bit more around Christmas, then ramp it up around Easter. If you carry on you will burn out and not get the grades you want!
Original post by Thomas_Grimes_17
Man, that is way too much. Take it from someone who got 10 A*s, you only need to be doing 30 mins max a day at this point, and that’s not even necessary. I’d say start doing a little bit more around Christmas, then ramp it up around Easter. If you carry on you will burn out and not get the grades you want!

Thanks for the tips & congrats on those A*s
Original post by DerpyHuntsman
I would do this, however, I have my first mocks around December time and I would like to be very well prepared.

My first mocks were in January so even then if I adjusted my timescale for doing revision I'd only start in October. I wouldn't exhaust myself too early on.
Original post by RichPiana
Chill out man. You should stick a piece of paper on your bedroom wall with the quote “quality of quantity”.

Haha! I am currently looking at the best revision methods that suit me and revision cards and videos (while taking down note (like Hegarty Maths)) are
quite good.
That is not including lessons in school.
Original post by AzureCeleste
My first mocks were in January so even then if I adjusted my timescale for doing revision I'd only start in October. I wouldn't exhaust myself too early on.

How did you do?
Original post by DerpyHuntsman
At the moment I am revising 40 hours a week and I am doing 10 GCSEs. I revise (In order of days of the week), 3h, 5h, 5h, 5h, 5h, 8h & 9h. The GCSEs I am doing are; Biology (5h per week), Chemistry (5h per week), Physics (5h per week), Business (3h per week), Computing (3h per week), French (4h per week), English Lit (2h per week), English Lang (2h per week), Maths (7h per week) & History (4h per week).

It has been my first week and although the revision has been helpful it is quite long (I take breaks). I am planning to take Maths, Chemistry and Biology at A-levels and I pretty much need a 7 in them. Do you guys think that is too much revision and can you give me any tips?

Thanks!!!

i also want to take bio and chem but i feel that somw you can reduce because if you do too much early youre gonna burn out esp if youre mocks are in December mines are in November and i was gonna do the same as you but for now reduce some hours :smile:
I'm in year 12 now so did my gcses a few months ago. I started revising at the end of March and did 1 hour a day after school and 2 hours a day at weekends. I got ok grades (one 9, two 8s, three 7s, three 6s and one 4). I'd say that you should start revising now (you've just started year 11?) and do 30 minutes a day and 1 hour a day at weekends and step it up after Christmas and again after easter.

Quick Reply

Latest