The Student Room Group

Any Trainee Dental nurse/receptionists about??

I have a few questions if anyone could help me..
I've an interview for a trainee dental nurse & receptionist position.
It's full time Mon-friday and i so badly need to change jobs atm!

Does anyone know how I would get trained as a dental nurse? as the colleges offering the diploma, before you can get on their dental nurse course you have to have three months work in a dentists.

Does this mean I would spend a year training as a receptionist then start the course next year?

Basically I'm studying Psychology distance learning and will go to Uni next year so I'm wondering if there's any point me taking a trainee dental nurse job, as next year I would probably find it hard to go to Uni 3 days and work/study as a dental nurse the other two.

There's a massive chance I may study with the OU instead so I don't want to rule out a potentially great job over "maybe"

Has anyone else done the same thing where they worked as a trainee dental nurse but went to uni for a different degree?

Thanks in advance! :smile:
Original post by irishlion
I have a few questions if anyone could help me..
I've an interview for a trainee dental nurse & receptionist position.
It's full time Mon-friday and i so badly need to change jobs atm!

Does anyone know how I would get trained as a dental nurse? as the colleges offering the diploma, before you can get on their dental nurse course you have to have three months work in a dentists.

Does this mean I would spend a year training as a receptionist then start the course next year?

Basically I'm studying Psychology distance learning and will go to Uni next year so I'm wondering if there's any point me taking a trainee dental nurse job, as next year I would probably find it hard to go to Uni 3 days and work/study as a dental nurse the other two.

There's a massive chance I may study with the OU instead so I don't want to rule out a potentially great job over "maybe"

Has anyone else done the same thing where they worked as a trainee dental nurse but went to uni for a different degree?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Really not a good idea to try and train in one thing but do something else at uni unless both are part time. With something like dental nursing you may be all over the place for placements. Pick what you want to do first and then follow that career path. Why do you need both?
Reply 2
Hi, I’m a trainee dental nurse and have been working for just over a year. I only started my course in September but most of it is on the job training anyway. All if not most dental nurses will be trained on reception but you’ll only learn one at a time. You’ll learn things so quick and you’ll soon pick it up! Most employers will put you through the NEBDN diploma in dental nursing. Mine paid for my course but not all will. I work Monday - Friday 8:30/17:00 and then go to college on a Tuesday 18:00-21:00If you need to know anything else let me know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending