The Student Room Group

Medicine university application

Hi all, I am considering applying to Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield (all grade requirements A,A,A) and Kings (A*,A,A). So I was wondering,if I am predicted A*, A,A and I receive offers from Manchester and Nottingham but in the actual a levels I actually get grades A,A,A, do I still get my place at any of these 2 unis?
Original post by Garybarton321
Hi all, I am considering applying to Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield (all grade requirements A,A,A) and Kings (A*,A,A). So I was wondering,if I am predicted A*, A,A and I receive offers from Manchester and Nottingham but in the actual a levels I actually get grades A,A,A, do I still get my place at any of these 2 unis?

If you firm and insure two AAA unis and achieve AAA then you get into your firm choice. Is that what you're asking?
I applied to Manchester and Nottingham last year for Medicine and got interviewed at both universities, and got an offer from Nottingham. If you achieve AAA you get in.
Reply 3

Your predictions are irrelevant once you have an offer. If you miss the terms of a medicine offer it's unlikely the university will accept you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was your UKCAT/ GCSEs?
Original post by Samanthaplague
What was your UKCAT/ GCSEs?

730 and 8A* 2As
Original post by ageshallnot
If you firm and insure two AAA unis and achieve AAA then you get into your firm choice. Is that what you're asking?

If I applied to Manchester (which has requirements AAA) with grades predicted A*AA, and I get an offer, would my offer only stand if I achieve the A*AA I was predicted or would I get in as long as I satisfy the basic requirements of AAA in the actual A Level
Original post by Doonesbury
Your predictions are irrelevant once you have an offer. If you miss the terms of a medicine offer it's unlikely the university will accept you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you ever get a medicine offer where you have to get grades higher than the basic entry requirements they say on the website?
Can you ever get an offer where you have to get grades higher than the basic entry requirements that are listed on the university website; e.g get a medicine offer from Manchester (where the requirements are listed as AAA) that is conditional on you achieving grades A*AA
Reply 9
Can you ever get a medicine offer where you have to get grades higher than the basic entry requirements they say on the website?

Depends on the university but usually not.
So me being predicted A*AA to apply for King’s has no chance of being detrimental to my applications to other unis if I end up getting AAA in the actual exam?
Ok thanks, that clears up my question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending