The Student Room Group

Is being circumcised at a young age really that bad ?

I think nowadays people just look for any reason to complain or “protest”. I’m not circumcised but I wish I was when I was younger.
I agree that it should be a personal choice. However, no one “violated” your rights, it’s really not effecting you negatively. You are not depressed nor do you have anxiety because your “rights were violated” when you were like 6 months or something.

Scroll to see replies

I was circumcised however I wish I wasn't, feel like I'm missing out.
Well I’m a girl so idk. But why do you wish you were circumcised ? Surely it’s doesn’t effect your quality of life?
Why do you wish you were circumcised?
I think people who were circumcised as babies are within their rights to be angry or upset about it later in life. It’s their body’s that have been changed before they could even understand what that meant.
Just because you wish you had been circumcised doesn’t take away the emotions of the people who wish they hadn’t.
The difference between you and them is you HAVE the choice to do it to yourself whereas that choice was made for them as a baby. They’ve lost that option.

If you want to be circumcised as an adult, do it. Find a surgeon who performs it and have it done.
I was circumcised at birth and I am glad I was, it’s healthier, better to do then rather than when I’m 30 and have UTI.
Original post by Anonymous

Missing out on what exactly? Just foreskin?
being circumcised after birth is well for you health, it also gives you a lower chance of getting diseases
Reply 8
Circumcision is a barbaric substitute for good hygiene. If you have good hygiene, circumcision is just barbaric. You're chopping bits off your kids, who does that?
Reply 9
Who actually cares if you have skin on your peener.
I was circumcised at birth and I am glad I was, it’s healthier, better to do then rather than when I’m 30 and have UTI.

UTIs are treated with antibiotics it's hardly leprosy ffs.

Sorry to hear. Maybe look into foreskin restoration therapy or something. Obviously the nerve endings you lost are gone forever though, unfortunately :frown:.
Original post by ThomH97
Circumcision is a barbaric substitute for good hygiene. If you have good hygiene, circumcision is just barbaric. You're chopping bits off your kids, who does that?

This. Imagine arguing for cutting the genitals of babies for no medical reason. There are some terrible people in the world.
It's bad. If you think it should be a personal choice then it shouldn't be done in babies that can't consent. It does affect you negatively, it kills of nerve endings in the penis, makes sex and masturbation awkward because if how dry it gets, and it looks foul. It should not be done without valid medical reason, and religion or culture is not one.

Its not healthier. And people rarely have it done as adults.
I just feel like it would feel amazing with a foreskin, plus I'd be able to do docking.
Don't know.

I'd say unless it's for strictly medical reasons no circumcision of a child should take place.
Original post by ThomH97

You're the type of guy to say sex is just moving back and fourth and releasing liquid.
You're the type of guy to say sex is just moving back and fourth and releasing liquid.

No I'm not. That's libel.
I was circumcised a month ago and I really like it.
I was circumcised as a baby for non-religious reasons. I am completely ok with this; I’m glad my parents decided this. If done, it is very important that it is done in a hospital or clinic by a fully qualified doctor using proper anaesthesia.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 19
I know that the majority of American men were circumcised as babies, usually hours after they were born, though the rates have been declining in recent years. In Britain it's only generally done for religious or medical reasons (if the foreskin is too tight) and I believe that in the latter case they often prefer to do a partial one that removes only the tip. I'm not, like most British men, and probably wouldn't particularly care if I was, but I'm broadly against doing it to somebody who is too young to give their opinion unless there is a reason for doing so.

Back when I was 11, I looked at some adult sites on the internet and found it weird that 80% of the men were circumcised since I thought it was an uncommon procedure only done for medical reasons, and then read that it's pretty routine in the USA. I believe the widespread practice in the US came about in the early 20th century as a result of promotion by a number of mainly Jewish doctors that it could reduce the risk of catching certain sexually transmitted diseases, though you can minimise the risk regardless by taking sex precautions anyway. I've also heard that during the 1930s and 1940s, about 1/3 male babies were circumcised here as well (though it never caught on as much as it did in America) but the practice pretty much died off for non religious/medical reasons following the founding of the NHS and rates have remained low since the 1950s.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending