The Student Room Group

💸raining💸 in A*s

Scroll to see replies

welcome to my first mini freakOUT
it hasn't even been 3 days of school yet.
I DONT HAVE ANY OF MY TEXTBOOKS OR BOOKS YET AHAHAHA IM SO SCREWed
i lowkey blame my school because they told us they would provide it for us/offer but at a lower cost -____-
i guess that offer is off the table
my dad was like oh don't order it we can get it from whsmith
:tumble:
NONE OF MY BOOKS WERE THERE and i freaked out and now i'll look so disorganised in front of my teachers and i already feel so behind because in my math tuition class we've basically learned the content for the first 5 chapters of AS pure maths
and ive literally not done anything in my other lessons except we did some minor things in english
its not such a big deal idk whyy im so stressed out i need to calm down stress is unhealthy and it hasnt even been a week, right? okay i need to chilli but i dont want to get yelled at in school urugjdfidjcm
& it was my responsibility to get everything which i should've independently done over the summer so im not even allowed to blame anyone but myself sdfghjksdfg
i dont even know why im posting this im gonna lol at myself lATER when im calm and i have my textbooks in front of meeehhh

tagssssss

Spoiler

Original post by rainclouds-
welcome to my first mini freakOUT
it hasn't even been 3 days of school yet.
I DONT HAVE ANY OF MY TEXTBOOKS OR BOOKS YET AHAHAHA IM SO SCREWed
i lowkey blame my school because they told us they would provide it for us/offer but at a lower cost -____-
i guess that offer is off the table
my dad was like oh don't order it we can get it from whsmith
:tumble:
NONE OF MY BOOKS WERE THERE and i freaked out and now i'll look so disorganised in front of my teachers and i already feel so behind because in my math tuition class we've basically learned the content for the first 5 chapters of AS pure maths
and ive literally not done anything in my other lessons except we did some minor things in english
its not such a big deal idk whyy im so stressed out i need to calm down stress is unhealthy and it hasnt even been a week, right? okay i need to chilli but i dont want to get yelled at in school urugjdfidjcm
& it was my responsibility to get everything which i should've independently done over the summer so im not even allowed to blame anyone but myself sdfghjksdfg
i dont even know why im posting this im gonna lol at myself lATER when im calm and i have my textbooks in front of meeehhh

tagssssss

Spoiler

Don't worry about the books, you'll surely receive them somehow. Also, don't worry about coming off as disorganized at school- you know it's the circumstances that took a bad turn, it's not even an issue, and don't blame yourself :smile: x

And it's okay to feel like you're behind, you'll eventually catch up on stuff-
even I felt the same way like I fell really behind and did not do much work and had regrets.

It's COMPLETELY natural to be stressed out about your situation, and at the same time, wondering why you're stressed despite knowing it's not that of a big deal :laugh:

And if you ever need emotional support, I'm right here for you, dear churro :hugs: :heart:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Missradioactive
Don't worry about the books, you'll surely receive them somehow. Also, don't worry about coming off as disorganized at school- you know it's the circumstances that took a bad turn, it's not even an issue, and don't blame yourself :smile: x

And it's okay to feel like you're behind, you'll eventually catch up on stuff-
even I felt the same way like I fell really behind and did not do much work and had regrets.

It's COMPLETELY natural to be stressed out about your situation, and at the same time, wondering why you're stressed despite knowing it's not that of a big deal :laugh:

And if you ever need emotional support, I'm right here for you, dear churro :hugs: :heart:

Spoiler

Spoiler

:lol:

Spoiler

quick post won't tag bc im annoying asf
I have a math test tomorrow. If I fail I might be removed from the course. no preSSURE at all amirite.

alSOOOO my books have arrived (my sweet geography teacher said we can order textbooks at our own pace otherwise i think i'm covered for now...) and the two books about politics in the picture below were borrowed from the library.

the good thing about my frees is instead of revising i just make revision resources. i do this because making flashcards and mind maps is so freaking time consuming and so usually after i do my homework i continue making resources. i watch my classmates bantering around during frees and i think im lowkey becoming more judgemental of them and im worried im becoming wayyyyy too uptight like i would chill but im just trying ma best unooo. i don't want to walk away with any regrets and it sucks that i've lost my friends but hey at least i get to do extra revision n staff.

i don't want to walk away with any regrets and it sucks that i've lost my friends but hey at least i get to do extra revision n staff.

That's my girl ! 👍😊
anotha really quickk upDATE

so i received my result for the test we had to complete so that we could take maths for A level and I got 85% which I'm really happy with it. It would have been delightful to get above 90% but I got the highest in my class and I know lots of people who are having to retake the mini test because they got about 50% which makes me realise that despite the difficulty I was able to ya know persevere. i think no one really cared about the test which surprised me since i revised intensely. i think i will continue to revise extensively. i just wanna get the best grades possible.

gonna do some hw now. btw I made a positivity thread today and it breaks my heart sometimes knowing that people go through sm crap. be happy in your skin guysss. we're gonna be alright

Tagz

Spoiler

so i received my result for the test we had to complete so that we could take maths for A level and I got 85% which I'm really happy with it. It would have been delightful to get above 90% but I got the highest in my class and I know lots of people who are having to retake the mini test because they got about 50% which makes me realise that despite the difficulty I was able to ya know persevere. i think no one really cared about the test which surprised me since i revised intensely. i think i will continue to revise extensively. i just wanna get the best grades possible.

gonna do some hw now. btw I made a positivity thread today and it breaks my heart sometimes knowing that people go through sm crap. be happy in your skin guysss. we're gonna be alright

Tagz

Spoiler

And you deny the fact that you are intelligent :rolleyes:

And yes girl, grab those A's/A*s ! :woo:

Tagz

Spoiler

85% is excellent *this is going to sound like terrible advice, especially since I am only a naive 16 year old* but you should never over exert yourself in life for perfection, since perfection is nigh unattainable since we are only human, we can only strive to be better; be proud of your grade and whatever other achievements you are bound to reach in life but never regret over ordeals done.

Chill through life since we only have one.

*oof what a noice rhyme*
Original post by Help_Me_Pls_Eghh
85% is excellent *this is going to sound like terrible advice, especially since I am only a naive 16 year old* but you should never over exert yourself in life for perfection, since perfection is nigh unattainable since we are only human, we can only strive to be better; be proud of your grade and whatever other achievements you are bound to reach in life but never regret over ordeals done.

Chill through life since we only have one.

*oof what a noice rhyme*

prsommm when did u become so wise :llama:

Original post by Missradioactive
And you deny the fact that you are intelligent :rolleyes:

And yes girl, grab those A's/A*s ! :woo:

im beginning to sound like everyone on tsr ahhhh

i'm nawt i swear im honestly really surprised i cant believe its my result :lol:
im beginning to sound like everyone on tsr ahhhh

i'm nawt i swear im honestly really surprised i cant believe its my result :lol:

Well, you should believe it from now on :biggrin:
6am
just checking in. doing some revision for an assessment today. a little stressed. fortunately i get to revise in registration, break and lunch so i should be fine. i think i'll make some mini cue cards and focus on memorising definitions + case studies. hopefully it all goes smoothly xx
s e p t e m b e r

i cri now that tsr has taken away my ability to copy n paste gifs through new layout :'(( it keeps asking about characters and it makes me sad as y'all know how much i loveee my gifs anyway...

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6vY59s91hWsxASYM/giphy.gif

fav deep inspirational quote; each new chapter of our lives requests an old part of us to fall and a new part of us to rise

~~~~~~

recap of what i've accomplished so far + plans 4 school

accomplished
made a few friends finally after sulking around for the first few weeks :smile: let's hope it stays this way although i'm careful not to tell them too much about secondary school ://
stll haven't managed to convince my dad about jobzz butttt i've been accepted onto this programme* due to my good gcse grades which is nice
41/48 on that math entrance test that we were given and so far on every test in every subject (apart from english) i've been getting relatively high marks. obviously i'd like to consistently get top marks but with more practice and adjustment i should be alright.
essay writing skills are really improving!!

short term
AS pure math - go over chapter 1-3 properly and make better notes. complete all exercises in the textbook.
self teach statistics chapters 1-3. maybe during the half term.
use quizlet for politics
practice drawing geography diagrams because i know how much i hate it :tongue:

long term
start a tv show which i still haven't done before i get overwhelmed with more work
practice my high belt at my musical theatre class and rehearse dna monologue for the final showcase
make more cue cards and flashcards over messy notes in colours for better memory
buy more clothes to wear at sixth form yikES
STAY ON TOP OF THINGS DO NOT SLACK ARE U READING DIS WAHMEN DONT U DARE FALL BACK after working so hard you cannot afford to give up it's only October keep going bbyxoxo
print out the specification and learn book quotes/math formulas asap!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Spoiler

how's it already october?

hOW

HOW HOW hOW

mY mind has been awakened to the speed of time holy guacamole
oo is it baby gyal?? ooo: woooo im hella excited for that <33 haribos turning 17

https://imgur.com/gallery/0s1ZoJO

its gonna be halloween soon tho cant go trick or treating as im an oldie cant go to parties either bc no one invites me how fun is growing up amirite =(
second mental breakdown
holy ****
i have so much work to do thanks to my lame time management skills and procrastination
and i was supposed to be asleep an hour ago and i wanna watch the 50 min shane dawson video so time to sleep at midnight :frown:
school starts at 10am so i just need to remain calm. can't afford to freak out.

btw the school wifi hasn't banned tsr huehuehue so sometimes i randomly come on and find the weirdest thread titles during the day xD it's quite entertaining trying to hold back the laughter

before school
complete essay question in english at 6am when you get up
start redoing notes for as level pure math chapter 1
complete geography extra reading

first free
make more detailed english notes
politics presentation preparation and extra reading

second free
geography fieldwork - gather statistics
unfortunately i'm in a crappy group :frown: so i have to do most of the work while they get credit for it bc i feel like i'm the only one willing to put the work in even though i'm struggling with other subjects anyway

stay after school if needed to print out sheets

i have a ticket to see jamie the musical?? but like no idea which theatre i booked it at or anything?? so confused...

also should I join my local youth council? low self esteem warning me it'll be a disaster but should i get more active??
SO MUCH DRAMA RECENTLY WILL POST LATER. situation has been intense to put it simply.
just got back from the musical :wink: was lit. been losing a lot of sleep lately. anyway i didn't realise it was about drag culture and i particularly liked the hijabi ayeeeee she was from the ends bruh and her vocals were on point.
honestly i've been to some musicals and having asian representation is well really bizarre to me. my musical theatre teacher + others were sobbing and i was passing around the tissues but i wasn't crying at all. it was very moving and one of my faves however.
tuesday 9th october 2018

this time last week I went on a mini school trip to my local high street when everyone in my geography class had double frees.

It was so fun getting weird looks from strangers lmao. we were being lOud rowdy annoying teenagers making sarcastic remarks about how my town is a dump espec when we carried out the environmental quality survey and put "Very Poor" for every box

after literally hours of harassing strangers on the high street we gave up and asked loads of shopkeepers which meant that we actually did the work.

and thenn we went to a shopping malll which was a huge mistake

a boy in my group who thought he waS such a joker decided to hand a questionnaire to the mall security guard person :colonhash:

aND THEN we got taken away by security lmfao

some oF my classmates saw that our group got taken away so they legged it while we had to walk through this dark dungeon place underground and walk through sets of broken staircases just to find the management office

fortunaTely the guy who worked there realised we were conducting student research so he moaned about how we had to be covered by liability and blah blah other technical terms I really didn't understand

then we basically got kicked out of the mall and they asked us not to return

the next half an hour was a blur of collecting data but my group then got dismantled so I went off with two friends

my friend freddie invited her other friend jake and I to her house and for an hour we watched the avengers. freddie has a sweet dog named Nigel who I cuddled until sadly we realised we had to go back to school because I had a politics lesson and jake had further maths :frown:

it was such a hot fun day but honestly I don't know why my local high street is such a dodgy place full of really shady people

I told my geography teacher after that we weren't allowed to carry out research without permission and he just said oh. oh?? really?? I thought adults were supposed to know everything yikes

#

wednesday 10th october 2018

oh lord

i don't know why i didn't post this earlier but last wednesday was so freaking eventful

at lunch some random classmates decided to join my table in our common room (my school doesn't have a common room bc iss too tacky lmaoo we have like an atrium which is basically a common room)

we started debating about really controversial issues idek why. and if y'all have read some of my posts on tsr y'all should know that i really care about the world and i can't believe that some people are so neutral about issues that affect them. unfortunately we started talking about religion and things got really heated.

can you become friends with people who share opinions you disagree with? argh idk.

some of my peers are too frustrating to argue with because they have really powerful opinions (homosexuality is wrong) but if i question them on it they go "oh well that's my religion and that's what i believe" lIKEEEE????? i get kinda mad tbh bc how can you just accept something for the way it is without having a justification like oml.

fyi never debate about religion or politics with friends isss really not a good idea. i need to remind myself to keep to tsr bc forums are the only way i can express myself no1 else either cares or thinks i'm naive for wanting to change the world

after school i went to go see everyone's talking about jamie with my musical theatre class

it was really controversial bc my culture has shoved down my throat that drag culture is wrong. personally i found the musical very eye opening and sad. i'm jealous of the white kids in my musical theatre classes bc they have the freedom to do as they please - a guy named ben told me that "practically my whole school is LGBT duh it's 2018!!" and it made me really emotional for some reason

i can't even imagine having a lgbt support group at my school ahahahaha the asians would freak

anyway everything was fine until a girl I know named tia decided it would be a PERFECTLY good idea to discuss gender on a crowded train from waterloo at 11pm in the night

i don't know WHAT was going through her mind but i went really red and i tried to hush her but she went on this explosive rant at this other guy named JJ bc JJ said there are only 2 genders

it. was. tsr. but. in. real. life.

I'm pretty open minded so while I disagreed with JJ I hated how tia was legit screaming in his friends. mind you these kids are like 12-13 which reminds me of when I was a kid but I wasn't that ignorant oh lord

I didn't get involved at first but when I get involved I get proper intellectual *flips hair* so while I went on this fancy rant they didn't understand what I was saying (as expected) and it was really heated in general

so many adults kept scoffing and murmuring about us it was kinda funny. and this random chick with a laptop turned around at some point and said she was "really intrigued by the way young minds think" so she was eavesdropping. lowkey imagine if she was a journalist it would've looked like a set up publicity stunt

i don't think i'll see those kids bc it was a trip but it was mad asf.
tuesday 16th october 2018

sometimes I randomly return to the old tsr format?

helloooo. today I had yet anotha exciting school trip and I attended a climate change conference

it was really exciting to meet four different speakers with completely different views: a scientist, a christian, an environmentalist and a researcher who didn't believe in climate change

most of the students who were there didn't actually want to be there but I found the speakers really interesting

we learned so much about climate change and how sources such as the media are unreliable. the scientist spoke to us about only trusting people who have valuable expertise and he presented the facts about what's happening to our world. he said that the rise in climate change is heading towards 3 degrees and taught us that 195 countries are part of the Paris Climate Agreement.

i'm not going to bore you with the details but we got to see some statistics and the recent fluctuation in global weather patterns which was so cool

next i met a researcher who was part of the conservative party. he presented his views on how climate change isn't "that catastrophic" and how everything is "expensive" so it's not as easy as supporting undeveloped countries/immediately switching to renewable sources. most of his thoughts were the antithesis of the scientist's facts.

he was part of a think tank so i'm not surprised that he spoke articulately (in other words he came across as an upper class snob who was perfectly aware that he was addressing a audience full of 16 year olds from working class backgrounds lolol) so he could persuade us that it won't be that bad :rolleyes:

after the break we spoke to an environmentalist. a lady who worked with greenpeace spoke to us and eh she was boring I can't remember much tbf

finally we talked to a christian. now he preached the word of God saying that it's our responsibility to protect the Earth and we have to follow morality. the same classmates i spoke to last week said they wouldn't speak to me if I questioned his religious beliefs. argh. I kept quiet instead but his mindset was interesting

at the end I went to the right wing man and i questioned him. i'm so fascinated by people like him - avid trump supporters and intolerant brexiteers - because I wanted to know what goes through his mind. he was a researcher who graduated from a prestigious university yet he didn't believe in climate change. people like him confuse me and surprise me.

I went with my only close friend at school who kept immaturely giggling and I tried to be y'know mature but I felt sO wOkE aNd InTELLecTUal. speaking of which she wants to know my tsr username sksksksjk no honey it's nEVER happening

she went to speak to the scientist who is actually a professor and a member of the Royal Astronomical Society. i was really happy for her when he gave her his 'card' (i.e email for personal queries) and she was squealing with happiness bc she loves physics so much and i wish the best for her... awh i'm getting choked up :wink:
wednesday 17th october 2018

just finished vectors. sadly I don't know what's been happening in the past few lessons but I swear i've been really trying to understand the different concepts still i'm struggling :frown:
it'll be fine hopefully. I'll need to self teach over the holidays and really work my behind off.

over half term i've got a bunch of long essays due and end of unit assessments. i'm getting flashbacks to the easter break before gcses and how hard I worked for that ahaha so I guess i'll be going into hibernation mode once again. I mean i'll still be on tsr but I think I'll need to catch up on sleep, go through everything and make sure everything looks fine. I think my motivation is knowing i can post pics of my fancy notes here so i'll make sure i'll make them easy to revise from.

at the end of today my classmate niamh and I were singing Ariana Grande at the back of the bus hehehe we're so cringey oml if y'all knew me irl you'd hate me so much. we started off by discussing her songs and by like half an hour later when we got closer to my house (I live 12 bus stops away from school) I was mumbling "lovin' it lovin' it lovin' it lovin' it babyyyy" and we were giggling :laugh: why are we like this? it was really pleasant especially because we're both stressed about sixth form at the moment so I felt like we needed that. still I can't believe we had the courage to do that in public oh goshhh....

let me know if you want to be untagged :smile: i don't know why i haven't been tagging y'all for the past couple of posts huehue.

Tagz

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending