The Student Room Group

if i can get into law with following subjects?

hey
i just done my gcses and got A in maths and c in english language the college i go to wants an B in english langauge to do law so i cant do law in collge therefore i have to do btec forensic science and A-levels urdu and religious studies i just wanted to ask if i can still do law with these subjects.
i hope there someone to help me plz plz plz plz plz pzlz plz take some of ur precious time out and tell me if u have infomation about it .i beg u i really want to do law in university its my parents wish plx plz help me i beg.thank you so much

Scroll to see replies

Original post by haniyakhan2323
hey
i just done my gcses and got A in maths and c in english language the college i go to wants an B in english langauge to do law so i cant do law in collge therefore i have to do btec forensic science and A-levels urdu and religious studies i just wanted to ask if i can still do law with these subjects.
i hope there someone to help me plz plz plz plz plz pzlz plz take some of ur precious time out and tell me if u have infomation about it .i beg u i really want to do law in university its my parents wish plx plz help me i beg.thank you so much

How about doing a different a-level instead of the btec. Like history or something. History, Urdu and Religion would be a good combination to get you in.
Original post by Emma:-)
How about doing a different a-level instead of the btec. Like history or something. History, Urdu and Religion would be a good combination to get you in.[/Q

first of all thank you so much for ur reply.yes u are right but i cant as i didnt get a B in english so i cant do history thet require b in english to take history .do u if i can still get into law?
Reply 3
Consider Religious Studies, English Literature, Politics and Philosophy, even. All subjects that are traditional and respected by universities to do a Law degree.
Original post by bria.vp
Consider Religious Studies, English Literature, Politics and Philosophy, even. All subjects that are traditional and respected by universities to do a Law degree.

thank you so much for ur reply. do u think i can get into law with these subjects?
the thing is, is urdu ur first/home/parents language? if so, unis might not really accept it
Original post by anonymous1231231
the thing is, is urdu ur first/home/parents language? if so, unis might not really accept it

thank you so much for ur reply,yes u are right urdu my home langauge
do u thibk i can get into law with these subjects?
Reply 7
thank you so much for ur reply. do u think i can get into law with these subjects?

Absolutely, given that you get the grades to do the course. Cambridge and LSE expect A*AA while Newcastle goes with AAA
Reply 8
I HAVE THE KEY TOO YOUR ANSWER:

DO you want to do A LEVEL in the required subject you want do the following:
1)go onto the website of the university(ies) you are interested in and print the part where says the university accepts your Grade C in English(DONT STICK TO ONE UNIVERSITY ONLY) ALONG A levels lets say(history-philosophy if thats what you after in A level) and take it with you to college when about to enrol. Colleges they work as following ''PROVE TO THEM that the qualification they will give you will be of use for later on purpose(getting into specific university) and they will accept you. THIS IS GUARANTEE RESULTS i can assure you that as i have tried it.
afterall not all universities need you too have A's and B's

I hope that helps
Original post by bria.vp
Absolutely, given that you get the grades to do the course. Cambridge and LSE expect A*AA while Newcastle goes with AAA

gotta play devils advocate and disagree. most unis wont accept a language if it's your own one, this is from UCL's website:

Do A-levels in my native language count towards the A-level requirement?An A-level in an applicant’s native language (other than English) is unlikely to be included in offer conditions.
Original post by bria.vp

so i can get into law with mixture of btec and alevels.omg i was so worried and depressed i wouldnt be able to get into law with these subjects but as u said i can .omg u made me so happy i hope u stay strong and happy all ur life ahead once again a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy big thank you ?
just to be sure
can i get into law with forensic science,urdu and religious and philosphy ?
so i can get into law with mixture of btec and alevels.omg i was so worried and depressed i wouldnt be able to get into law with these subjects but as u said i can .omg u made me so happy i hope u stay strong and happy all ur life ahead once again a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy big thank you ?
just to be sure

Some unis won't count urdu if it's your native language
Original post by MoKing13
I HAVE THE KEY TOO YOUR ANSWER:

DO you want to do A LEVEL in the required subject you want do the following:
1)go onto the website of the university(ies) you are interested in and print the part where says the university accepts your Grade C in English(DONT STICK TO ONE UNIVERSITY ONLY) ALONG A levels lets say(history-philosophy if thats what you after in A level) and take it with you to college when about to enrol. Colleges they work as following ''PROVE TO THEM that the qualification they will give you will be of use for later on purpose(getting into specific university) and they will accept you. THIS IS GUARANTEE RESULTS i can assure you that as i have tried it.
afterall not all universities need you too have A's and B's

I hope that helps

omg thank you so much.i will be honest and tell u i did history and i got a 4 and also i dont like history.i jst want to sure about the subjects im doing currently if they can get me into law?omg im ust so depressed some people say i can and some say i cant i dont know what to do
Original post by anonymous1231231
gotta play devils advocate and disagree. most unis wont accept a language if it's your own one, this is from UCL's website:

Do A-levels in my native language count towards the A-level requirement?An A-level in an applicant’s native language (other than English) is unlikely to be included in offer conditions.

Oh damn, missed the bit where they're taking Urdu. I guess they could push their luck and go to universities not as respected as Russel Group?
just to be sure

No worries, if you do get the chance of doing 4 A Levels then you would be able to get your 3 A's and still would be able to do the degree. Although can't press it enough how important it is to get those grades, and especially to treat your first year mocks seriously lmao
Could you resit English this year in college then take on the subject you can’t do after that if all else fails
Alright let me reiterate and make things easier for you:
BE CONFIDENT ABOUT WHAT I ADVICE YOU(of course welcome others opinion too : ) )
I have helped many friends get in university of which: Computer science, Civil engineering, architecture and onto Business/marketing and business with finance

Answer the following questions to me
1)How old are you?
2)Which university you want to go to? are you willing to relocate if cant get into your chosen university and which other universities you are considering?
3)What subjects does your chosen university accepts(mention all) ?
omg thank you so much.i will be honest and tell u i did history and i got a 4 and also i dont like history.i jst want to sure about the subjects im doing currently if they can get me into law?omg im ust so depressed some people say i can and some say i cant i dont know what to do

As long as you are happy not applying to magic circle firms and going to an average university, you can easily still pursue a law degree.
Original post by MoKing13
Alright let me reiterate and make things easier for you:
BE CONFIDENT ABOUT WHAT I ADVICE YOU(of course welcome others opinion too : ) )
I have helped many friends get in university of which: Computer science, Civil engineering, architecture and onto Business/marketing and business with finance

Answer the following questions to me
1)How old are you?
2)Which university you want to go to? are you willing to relocate if cant get into your chosen university and which other universities you are considering?
3)What subjects does your chosen university accepts(mention all) ?

You go girl.

Original post by Constantine2018
As long as you are happy not applying to magic circle firms and going to an average university, you can easily still pursue a law degree.

Ya can go to magic from a *****y uni.
Original post by Constantine2018

What university did you attend yourself Constantine?
AND are you reffering that getting into high ranked university is the key to a successful job securing?
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending