The Student Room Group

SEO London Corporate Law Programme Video Interview

Hello everyone!

I've applied to "SEO London Corporate Law Programme Video Interview" and got through the first round of screening. I've been asked to complete a one-way video interview but it's the first time I have to do so and I have no idea how formal SEO interviews are!!

Could anyone help me on questions they might ask etc.?
If anyone did the interview in previous years or so, it would be great to know which questions you were asked!

Original post by KLDD
Hello everyone!

I've applied to "SEO London Corporate Law Programme Video Interview" and got through the first round of screening. I've been asked to complete a one-way video interview but it's the first time I have to do so and I have no idea how formal SEO interviews are!!

Could anyone help me on questions they might ask etc.?
If anyone did the interview in previous years or so, it would be great to know which questions you were asked!

Hey. Congrats on the video interview. I also applied to this program, and I'm waiting to hear back. How long did it take for them to get back to you?
Original post by Ariana_97
Is this the programme for first years or the one for everyone else? I've got an assessment centre with SEO Corporate Law, but have heard nothing about a video interview.... wondering whether it's the same thing?

When did they get back to you? SEO Corporate Law is available to first years.
Original post by thelaw1995
When did they get back to you? SEO Corporate Law is available to first years.

I heard back on the 20th of July, but nothing about a video interview.
I heard back on the 20th of July, but nothing about a video interview.

When did you apply? Tryna get a sense of how long the review process is.
Original post by thelaw1995
When did you apply? Tryna get a sense of how long the review process is.

Not sure. Have you heard about an assessment centre? When did you hear back?
Not sure. Have you heard about an assessment centre? When did you hear back?

I haven't heard back yet, that's why I'm asking about a time frame.
Hi @KLDD I too have just been asked to complete a video-interview! Have you completed yours yet? I have never done one before!
Reply 8
Original post by christi256
Hi @KLDD I too have just been asked to complete a video-interview! Have you completed yours yet? I have never done one before!

Same! Really nervous about it, does anyone know what it is like?
Original post by Hetz31
Same! Really nervous about it, does anyone know what it is like?

I was invited to an assessment day for the first year programme but requested a video interview as it is pretty pricey for me to get to London. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you after the interview?
Reply 10
Hey everyone! So sorry for not answering earlier! Basically, I applied to SEO for this academic year and they sent me an email asking me to complete a video interview within a week. The interview questions were like:
- why commercial law?
- what makes you an ideal candidate for this programme?
- a time you worked well as a team
- what makes you different?
- and I also had to debate " we should reintroduce capital punishment"

About the process, you have an open webpage, most questions had 1 minute countdown to prepare you answer to the question on the screen and then the recording started automatically. You could stop if before the end though, and after the end of each recording you had the video on repeat until you clicked next (I watched them all many times thinking 'omg, omg, omg...' hahaha, just don't do that).

I don't remember the other questions but they were pretty much real interview questions haha. I reeeeally thought I failed tbh, but hey, here I am!! So don't panic too much. I had an answer beginning of September, so about a month after the video interview.

I didn't have to go to assessment days or anything, only online application and the video interview. FYI I was in my last year so I don't know if it changes anything.

Hope that helps!
Hey, for those who went on the assessment centres for the SEO Corporate Law programme (in your first year), can you please tell me more about it? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending