The Student Room Group

How can I get 8/9 in AQA French GCSE?

--
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey! I just did my GCSE's and I got an 8 for French.

Which element of the subject are you struggling with most? By element I mean reading, writing, speaking or listening.

Just in general, I would first thoroughly learn all the grammar rules and learn new vocabulary as you go along the year. Also, practise as much as you can. If you have kerboodle, then use the tasks from the kerboodle book: the writing tasks are especially good.
i got 7 i did shocking
Original post by Fazzy_77
Hey! I just did my GCSE's and I got an 8 for French.

Which element of the subject are you struggling with most? By element I mean reading, writing, speaking or listening.

Just in general, I would first thoroughly learn all the grammar rules and learn new vocabulary as you go along the year. Also, practise as much as you can. If you have kerboodle, then use the tasks from the kerboodle book: the writing tasks are especially good.
Original post by lol1223
i got 7 i did shocking

A 7 is amazing!
in my grammar school it was bad
Original post by Fazzy_77
A 7 is amazing!
Original post by DerpyHuntsman
7 is really good!

do past papers learn key higher tier vocab for listening listen to french songs/audios and for writing learn grammar, word order good tenses and high structure phrases. speaking just speak in the most german way possible and learn 5 tenses and high level vocab for it
Learning new vocabulary is important
Thanks! I struggle mostly with speaking like I cannot even pronounce English and now I have to do French haha.

For speaking, just keep practising your pronunciation and there are also loads of kerboodle tasks for that. Learning a variety of vocabulary will help too. And remember that they know that you're not a French speaker so they dont mind too much about how you speak but more about what you say.
Hi, I got an 8 and was 7 marks off a 9 (grr) but as for tips:
1) QUIZLET IS LIFE - put all new vocab on it or just search for sets
2) LISTEN - to the french radio on your phone, it's surprising how many words you can pick out even if it's every 10th sentence! (+they play English songs :wink:)
3) Use French Everyday - after hearing/saying something in English see if you can translate it into French

Hope this helps :smile:
moved to foreign languages :smile:
I am studying Y11 AQA French and I am getting 5s at the moment (that was what I was getting on foundation but I am moving to higher now). I want to get a high grade in French because I know I can do it. Can anybody who has done it give me tips. Thanks!!!

I got an 8 in French and these were the things I did:
1. Read my speaking book twice a day for 15 mins. But don't just read it, test yourself!
2. Did some writing past papers.
3. Watched French youtubers and listened to French music.
4. I used apps like HelloTalk, duolingo and quizlet.
5. My French teacher held some after school revision classes. So I did some listening questions after school once a week. I also did some speaking practice during lunch/break.

Top tip: Just surround yourself in French basically. Small changes such as having your phone in French or listening to French podcasts, could help you pick up listening and reading skills!
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending