The Student Room Group

What is it like to study history at UCL/Cambridge?

Hi, I'm torn between UCL and Cambridge. I have offers from both (Cambridge at A*AA with the A* in either history or english literature, and UCL with AAB with one of the A grades in history), but I'm worried about the workload/pressure from Cambridge and I'm wondering if it's the right option. I just want to know from any current undergraduates/graduates what life is really like at each university in terms of the amount of work and how this affects mental happiness
Original post by munkysox
Hi, I'm torn between UCL and Cambridge. I have offers from both (Cambridge at A*AA with the A* in either history or english literature, and UCL with AAB with one of the A grades in history), but I'm worried about the workload/pressure from Cambridge and I'm wondering if it's the right option. I just want to know from any current undergraduates/graduates what life is really like at each university in terms of the amount of work and how this affects mental happiness
Make your choices based on your own personal preferences about the two courses. Have a look at the modules you could potentially be doing and see what excites you. I turned down Cambridge for an AAB offer (for different reasons), so don't be afraid to do so. Some people really struggle with the Cambridge workload, others don't: my friend said it's not challenging at all (studying HSPS in first year for context:wink:).
Reply 2
hey

congrats!

may i ask what gcse's you got?

Reply 3
Original post by s.m999
hey

congrats!

may i ask what gcse's you got?

I got 6A* 4A B C but for Cambridge they only look at the top 8. Honestly I hated my Cambridge interviews and ended up putting them as my insurance :smile: I'm at Edinburgh now and I have no regrets!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending