The Student Room Group

Help! Doing BTeC

So basically this year I did my AS exams in Maths, French and Sociology and got CDE. My school didn’t accept me and I didn’t want to continue. So I started college this year and I’m doing btec. The thing I’m worried about is people asking me what I’m doing with life and what sixth form I go to. What shall I tell them because they will make fun of me and go behind my back. My parents are also disappointed with me and I can’t get over the fact that I am going college. It’s going to take another two years. What shall I tell people when they say why I’ve done three years. I can’t sleep at night I only get like two hours of sleep every night and there’s all these thoughts in my mind that I can’t get rid of and it’s making me feel sick too

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student guest
So basically this year I did my AS exams in Maths, French and Sociology and got CDE. My school didn’t accept me and I didn’t want to continue. So I started college this year and I’m doing btec. The thing I’m worried about is people asking me what I’m doing with life and what sixth form I go to. What shall I tell them because they will make fun of me and go behind my back. My parents are also disappointed with me and I can’t get over the fact that I am going college. It’s going to take another two years. What shall I tell people when they say why I’ve done three years. I can’t sleep at night I only get like two hours of sleep every night and there’s all these thoughts in my mind that I can’t get rid of and it’s making me feel sick too

Some sixth forms do BTEC so it’s stupid for people to judge you on what school you go to because everyone just goes to what’s accessible for them. A BTEC at good grades is better than not so good a level results. I’m in a similar situation and left year 12 around exam season and started my BTEC recently and my parents are supportive of my decision even though it was hard to tell them at first
Original post by Anonymous
Some sixth forms do BTEC so it’s stupid for people to judge you on what school you go to because everyone just goes to what’s accessible for them. A BTEC at good grades is better than not so good a level results. I’m in a similar situation and left year 12 around exam season and started my BTEC recently and my parents are supportive of my decision even though it was hard to tell them at first

Yh I know but it’s driving me mad and I always think of what other are going to think of me- I blame myself for thinking too much about others too. What BTEC Are you doing? Idek if unis will accept me for BTEC. that’s what everyone’s been telling me and now I wish I could go back in time😭
Yh I know but it’s driving me mad and I always think of what other are going to think of me- I blame myself for thinking too much about others too. What BTEC Are you doing? Idek if unis will accept me for BTEC. that’s what everyone’s been telling me and now I wish I could go back in time😭

I’m doing IT but may change to business because I didn’t realise the immense amount of coding involved 🙈

Been in a similar situation but I'm still doing a levels but not BTEC.
what btec are you doing and what do you plan to do at university?
dw. i know two people who did btec, one of whom was also in the same scenario as you( didnt pass AS). they did btec and both went to russel group unis. just work hard and you will be fine. what btec r u doing
What BTEC are you doing? :smile:
Reply 7
if people are seriously going to treat you differently because u do a btec u need to fight them or stop talking to them

i
Btec equals to A levels tho the only difference is BTEC is more coursework,just tell them that if they make fun of you then im afraid they weren't really your friends,friends should be supportive and encouraging no matter what.

Don't worry about it a guy in my course did a year of AS didn't like it and went on to the BTEC I was on I'm guessing your worried about uni offers every last one of us got uni offers except one who didn't apply and one who went into the RAF.
I’m doing IT but may change to business because I didn’t realise the immense amount of coding involved 🙈

You can do btec Business and IT
Original post by Pink fizz
Been in a similar situation but I'm still doing a levels but not BTEC.
what btec are you doing and what do you plan to do at university?

I wanted to retake a levels too but no sixth form or college had spaces left. I’m doing BTEC Science and maybe Biomedical but not sure if I can get accepted.
Original post by halimah786
dw. i know two people who did btec, one of whom was also in the same scenario as you( didnt pass AS). they did btec and both went to russel group unis. just work hard and you will be fine. what btec r u doing

Thanks. What Did they apply for and what uni? I’m doing BTEC Science and I don’t think Russel groups will accept me as they ask for another a level
Original post by Student1191
What BTEC are you doing? :smile:

Applied Science Extended Diploma
Original post by B-sian
if people are seriously going to treat you differently because u do a btec u need to fight them or stop talking to them

i

It’s mainly family relatives and some friends
Original post by _solitary_
Btec equals to A levels tho the only difference is BTEC is more coursework,just tell them that if they make fun of you then im afraid they weren't really your friends,friends should be supportive and encouraging no matter what.

Yes true. Thank you
Original post by jonathanemptage
Don't worry about it a guy in my course did a year of AS didn't like it and went on to the BTEC I was on I'm guessing your worried about uni offers every last one of us got uni offers except one who didn't apply and one who went into the RAF.

Ohh Thanks. What BTEC are you doing?
You can do btec Business and IT

Not at my college

I know....i took Bec business and regret it and should have taken GCSE history instead..but now....i am doing a levels.
Original post by A level RPP
I know....i took Bec business and regret it and should have taken GCSE history instead..but now....i am doing a levels.

Why do you regret it? How are u doing a levels now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending