The Student Room Group

Abortion at nine weeks

Not everyone agrees on abortions but me and my long term partner (5 years) knew it was the right thing to do. I am only 22 and both still live with our parents, both recently got new jobs and not financially stable. I found out I was pregnant when when I was 4 weeks but due to the wait with appoitments I didn't get seen until I was 9 weeks. From me finding out I was pregnant right up until my first appointment at the hospital I was very emontional, stressed, angry and confused as i was on the pill and took it like clock work. My first appointment was on a Thursday afternoon, I was dreading it, I was crying in the car before going in and I expected everything to be allot worse than it was! This was because I was reading story after story on the internet of what 'happens' when having an abortion.When I arrvied the nurses welcomed me, give me all the details about what was going to happen and made sure I was certain about my choice. Which I 100% was. They took my bloods and asked me medical questions. When I was ready I took the first pill which stopped the fetus growing. When leaving I was giving lots of information on what to bring with me for example pads, spare nickers, clothes and was given leaflets on what will happen at my next appointment, which was on the saturday. I think it really helped having my partner with me the whole time! The Saturday came and I couldn't help but panic, I couldn't stop crying because I was so scared but now I know i shouldnt of been! I was given my own room with water, tea/coffee. The nurses were lovely. It helped that it was the same nurse who saw me on the Thursday too! They let me put my own pjs on and when I was ready they inserted 4 pills into the vagina. This sounds unpleasant but you have to remember they do this on a day to day basis and it certianlly isnt as bad as you think!I was told I wasn't allowed to go to the toilet for 1hr after this. 1hr passed and i started to feeling period pain cramps in my belly, I went to the toilet about 15 minutes after the cramps had started and the fetus had passed. Unfortunately you have to do this into a bedpan so the nurses know if you have fully passed. So you may see some large blood clots but its best not to look if you don't want to see! The nurses took the bedpan off me and came back within 5 minutes and to let me know that I had fully passed the fetus and was able to go home once the bleeding calmed down. Soon after the pain had subside and the bleeding started to calm down and I was allowed to go home. Before I went they give me the injection and give me lots of information with helpline numbers on incase i needed anything when I was at home.When i got home I just had a chilled day in bed and watched lots of films. I had some pains now and again and slight bleeding but nothing I couldn't handle. My advice would be not to believe everything you read on the internet because some people try and put you off and make everything seem allot worse than it is, I understand sometimes it can be worse than what I experienced.Also make sure you tell somebody and try and take someone with you to the appointment because it does really help! Please don't panic or feel ashamed!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Glad it all went okay for you in the end :h:
Original post by Xellbt
Not everyone agrees on abortions but me and my long term partner (5 years) knew it was the right thing to do. I am only 22 and both still live with our parents, both recently got new jobs and not financially stable. I found out I was pregnant when when I was 4 weeks but due to the wait with appoitments I didn't get seen until I was 9 weeks. From me finding out I was pregnant right up until my first appointment at the hospital I was very emontional, stressed, angry and confused as i was on the pill and took it like clock work. My first appointment was on a Thursday afternoon, I was dreading it, I was crying in the car before going in and I expected everything to be allot worse than it was! This was because I was reading story after story on the internet of what 'happens' when having an abortion.When I arrvied the nurses welcomed me, give me all the details about what was going to happen and made sure I was certain about my choice. Which I 100% was. They took my bloods and asked me medical questions. When I was ready I took the first pill which stopped the fetus growing. When leaving I was giving lots of information on what to bring with me for example pads, spare nickers, clothes and was given leaflets on what will happen at my next appointment, which was on the saturday. I think it really helped having my partner with me the whole time! The Saturday came and I couldn't help but panic, I couldn't stop crying because I was so scared but now I know i shouldnt of been! I was given my own room with water, tea/coffee. The nurses were lovely. It helped that it was the same nurse who saw me on the Thursday too! They let me put my own pjs on and when I was ready they inserted 4 pills into the vagina. This sounds unpleasant but you have to remember they do this on a day to day basis and it certianlly isnt as bad as you think!I was told I wasn't allowed to go to the toilet for 1hr after this. 1hr passed and i started to feeling period pain cramps in my belly, I went to the toilet about 15 minutes after the cramps had started and the fetus had passed. Unfortunately you have to do this into a bedpan so the nurses know if you have fully passed. So you may see some large blood clots but its best not to look if you don't want to see! The nurses took the bedpan off me and came back within 5 minutes and to let me know that I had fully passed the fetus and was able to go home once the bleeding calmed down. Soon after the pain had subside and the bleeding started to calm down and I was allowed to go home. Before I went they give me the injection and give me lots of information with helpline numbers on incase i needed anything when I was at home.When i got home I just had a chilled day in bed and watched lots of films. I had some pains now and again and slight bleeding but nothing I couldn't handle. My advice would be not to believe everything you read on the internet because some people try and put you off and make everything seem allot worse than it is, I understand sometimes it can be worse than what I experienced.Also make sure you tell somebody and try and take someone with you to the appointment because it does really help! Please don't panic or feel ashamed!

Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm sure it will help many people. It can't have been easy for you to do but I'm glad it worked out and was straightforward for you.
Reply 3
Original post by Sataris
Glad it all went okay for you in the end :h:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm sure it will help many people. It can't have been easy for you to do but I'm glad it worked out and was straightforward for you.

I just wanted to voice my experience as most people only voice the bad stuff
Original post by Qup
So.... is the child dead now, or...?

Do you not know what an abortion is, or...?
Original post by Qup

Why do you feel the need to write such a thing? Completely uncalled for.
Original post by Xellbt

I am pleased you were able to tell your story. I wish you all you wish for yourself for your future.
Original post by Seamus123
Why do you feel the need to write such a thing? Completely uncalled for.

Which part exactly? Anyway, doesn't matter, curiosity is why, I am human; if i am curious about something, i will ask questions about it.

Original post by CounterfeitSky
Do you not know what an abortion is, or...?

Yes, however the wall of text was a bit hard to read at some parts and in all honestly, i just wanted a generalisation of what happened.
Reply 9
Original post by Qup

No, it was never alive. That is the point of doing it early before that issue arises.

It was nice to see your story OP, maybe some people will see it and be able to go through with having an abortion if they can’t support a child and are concerned about having an abortion.
Thank you for sharing your experience OP. It will no doubt help many people.

I suggest that when the ardent pro-lifers show up, you ask for this thread to be closed. It's too useful a post to end up becoming a debate thread.
Original post by Bio 7
No, it was never alive. That is the point of doing it early before that issue arises.

It was nice to see your story OP, maybe some people will see it and be able to go through with having an abortion if they can’t support a child and are concerned about having an abortion.

Is it too late to abort a child at 4 months in or... i dunno if it could consider it alive, since it hasn't been born yet or something.
very brave of you to share a sensitive topic like this.......especially on this site

hope everything goes well for you
So brave murdering someone at 9 weeks
Original post by AperfectBalance

And here's the first one
Original post by Anonymous
And here's the first one

Yeah Imagine how crazy I am not wanting to glorify or approve of murder
Yeah Imagine how crazy I am not wanting to glorify or approve of murder

I don’t think the OP is looking for your approval.
Reply 17

And this is why people are worried about aborting a child they can’t support. You can’t murder a small ball of cells that doesn’t even have brain activity.
Original post by Bio 7
And this is why people are worried about aborting a child they can’t support. You can’t murder a small ball of cells that doesn’t even have brain activity.

Aren't born humans also a small ball of cells?

Also, that's kind of weird, to be honest. I mean, if you didn't want the child, why have sex knowing its consequences?
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
Aren't born humans also a small ball of cells?

Also, that's kind of weird, to be honest. I mean, if you didn't want the child, why have sex knowing its consequences?

I really don’t know why they do, that isn’t my area at all.

I said they don’t have brain activity as well as being a small ball of cells, once they get old enough and they do have activity then it would be killing it. Until it is formed enough to survive outside the mother and has brain activity it isn’t alive and so can’t be murdered.

Latest

Trending

Trending