The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You want to stop being nice..?
why can't you get a girlfriend being a nice guy? :K:
Original post by Tom 2001
People say that I am a nice guy, how can I stop being a nice guy and get a girlfriend?

Niceness by itself, doesnt make you laugh, isnt good company, isnt interesting, doesnt make your heart race, doesnt entertain you. The point is niceness alone isnt enough.

Do you make an effort, do you talk to girls are you good company, do you ask them out?
Original post by Yo_MoJo
You want to stop being nice..?

No, I mean people say I am too nice and that is stopping me from getting a girlfriend. All the girls I have liked say that they are into men not boys or the bad guy/lad types
Original post by anonymouspotato
why can't you get a girlfriend being a nice guy? :K:

It just the girls which I have been attracted too say that I am a nice guy and that they are into men not boys or the bad boy/lad types.
Original post by 999tigger
Niceness by itself, doesnt make you laugh, isnt good company, isnt interesting, doesnt make your heart race, doesnt entertain you. The point is niceness alone isnt enough.

Do you make an effort, do you talk to girls are you good company, do you ask them out?

I have tried my hardest to go all these and think that I have and I have been genuine about it. It is just the girls I like say that they are into men not boys or bad guy/ lad types
Tom, my best friend Richard was always the nice guy... girls go for bad boys don't they. These are the wrong girls for you mate ! Maybe not forever but whilst they believe bad boys are cool. I reassure you you will find a girl one day don't bother worrying. Richard is 34 and getting married to a gem of a girl next year. Once you find the one it's forever so don't you rush to find someone and please do not stop being nice. Some of us girls grow up realise We've been dating idiots and want nice guys. ❤☺ good luck
feel kinda bad for you really, sometimes a nice guy is perfect but some people (especially teenagers and young adults) often consider that with being boring...
not making the assumption that you are boring but kinda a sticky situation unless you want to change yourself?
When women say nice guy, they mean one of two things .You are either a self-entitled creep nice guy stereotype or you are just plain boring.

Let's assume you are the latter. You don't to be some kind of bad boy, you just have to do is stop being a charisma vacumn and you'll realise how easy it is to get laid.
(edited 5 years ago)
It just the girls which I have been attracted too say that I am a nice guy and that they are into men not boys or the bad boy/lad types.

Maybe you're attracted to the wrong girls then?Lmao, I'm a girl and idk why some girls are like this tbh

p.s. being nice doesn't mean you're not a man
Original post by Adele123456
Tom, my best friend Richard was always the nice guy... girls go for bad boys don't they. These are the wrong girls for you mate ! Maybe not forever but whilst they believe bad boys are cool. I reassure you you will find a girl one day don't bother worrying. Richard is 34 and getting married to a gem of a girl next year. Once you find the one it's forever so don't you rush to find someone and please do not stop being nice. Some of us girls grow up realise We've been dating idiots and want nice guys. ❤☺ good luck

Thanks! I guess that's true. I suppose its an adolescent thing propelled by things that the media say is what is right. Thanks again! xx
Original post by stalkingsilence
feel kinda bad for you really, sometimes a nice guy is perfect but some people (especially teenagers and young adults) often consider that with being boring...
not making the assumption that you are boring but kinda a sticky situation unless you want to change yourself?

How could I change myself?
Original post by anonymouspotato
Maybe you're attracted to the wrong girls then?Lmao, I'm a girl and idk why some girls are like this tbh

p.s. being nice doesn't mean you're not a man

Are you a girl who doesn't mind nice guys?

p.s. Thanks! It doesn't phase me too much but it does get annoying hearing girls I like reject me cause I am not what the media says I should be and then the complain they are single.

Thanks again xxx
People say that I am a nice guy, how can I stop being a nice guy and get a girlfriend?

dude, don't change yourself for these girls! My advice is to be yourself, so when youre in a relationship with someone (whilst being yourself) you wouldnt feel like you have change yourself and not feel insecure. youll find your significant other whilst still being the nice guy :smile: and hey i would rather date a nice guy than a bad boy lmaO
Reply 16
If you're a nice guy and not a "Nice Guy" then you shouldn't have any issues finding someone.
Thanks! I guess that's true. I suppose its an adolescent thing propelled by things that the media say is what is right. Thanks again! xx

The girls will grow up and regret it. U will be the one they should of dated but didnt. But everything happens for a reason right ? I'm 28 and I have 4 children seriously doubt I would be alive if I hadn't had my eldest as I was heading down a path of destruction with a "bad boy" I'm happy 10 years on with 3 more kids and I'm with a nice guy... he's also older then me by 8yrs. I don't know how old u are but I bet your under 21 and can't imagine dating a girl 8 yrs younger then u. When I look on Facebook now most the guys I went to school with are with gorgeous lovely kind girls with kids or traveling whilst the bad boys are still having selfies in groups in front of the local pub. Haha. Life will work out great for u. Just Always be kind especially to yourself 🤗
Are you a girl who doesn't mind nice guys?

p.s. Thanks! It doesn't phase me too much but it does get annoying hearing girls I like reject me cause I am not what the media says I should be and then the complain they are single.

Thanks again xxx

Honestly, I think nice guys are better-i mean who wouldn't want a nice guy?

And I get you, don't let it get to you because not all girls are like that, and don't change yourself just because a few rejected you- better that way as they aren't worth it.
Original post by zohi.n
dude, don't change yourself for these girls! My advice is to be yourself, so when youre in a relationship with someone (whilst being yourself) you wouldnt feel like you have change yourself and not feel insecure. youll find your significant other whilst still being the nice guy :smile: and hey i would rather date a nice guy than a bad boy lmaO

Thank You! I am looking for a quite shy nice girl so I guess I will find her someday/

Latest

Trending

Trending