The Student Room Group

sex with roommate, GIRL HELP PLS

Yesterday being the first day of freshers, me and my flatmates went out. Some of us got a little more drunk than others and a few things led to another with a flatmate. On our walk back I was helping her walk straight and she had started putting my hand places. Long story short, we had sex but here's the issue. Couple of nights ago she had sex with another one of my flatmates and she has also mentioned she has a boyfriend back home? This morning on my way out I had bumped into her and she just looked pissed. I said hi, she said hi back but then like looked away almost instantly looking pissed. Idk what to do? Message saying sorry? Give it time? Also it was my first time so idk, I don't want her thinking I'm just a ****boy cause it actually meant a lot and I also actually get on with her really well

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Yesterday being the first day of freshers, me and my flatmates went out. Some of us got a little more drunk than others and a few things led to another with a flatmate. On our walk back I was helping her walk straight and she had started putting my hand places. Long story short, we had sex but here's the issue. Couple of nights ago she had sex with another one of my flatmates and she has also mentioned she has a boyfriend back home? This morning on my way out I had bumped into her and she just looked pissed. I said hi, she said hi back but then like looked away almost instantly looking pissed. Idk what to do? Message saying sorry? Give it time? Also it was my first time so idk, I don't want her thinking I'm just a ****boy cause it actually meant a lot and I also actually get on with her really well

So she was so drunk she couldn't even walk straight, and you took advantage of her? No wonder she's pissed.
Reply 2
Original post by Ciel.
So she was so drunk she couldn't even walk straight, and you took advantage of her? No wonder she's pissed.

I was just as drunk as her tbh, I don't remember much of it tbh but I know it happened
Original post by Ciel.

They were both drunk and they're both adults. Why pin all of the responsibility on the guy? lol
Original post by Ciel.

You being serious or is this some kind of attempt at satire?
Reply 5
Original post by Funkymintbrother
They were both drunk and they're both adults. Why pin all of the responsibility on the guy? lol

The way he described the whole thing in his initial post - made it seem like he was less drunk than she was.
Reply 6
Original post by Ciel.
The way he described the whole thing in his initial post - made it seem like he was less drunk than she was.

No, once I got back to the flat, things got a little messy. What should I do? I feel bad that she feels upset or pissed about it. I'm willing to obviously put it behind me but do I apologise?
Reply 7
Original post by dsmith23
You being serious or is this some kind of attempt at satire?

I am being serious. You can be too drunk to consent.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
No, once I got back to the flat, things got a little messy. What should I do? I feel bad that she feels upset or pissed about it. I'm willing to obviously put it behind me but do I apologise?

To be honest, I think I would just leave it. Apologising will make you look guilty. If you aren't lying, and you were both equally drunk, then you have no reason to apologise.
Reply 9
Original post by Ciel.

What if both people are too drunk to consent?
Original post by Ciel.
I am being serious. You can be too drunk

No no, I'm generally quite shy with this stuff so I know for a fact, she would have initiated it but I completely take equal responsibility in this
Original post by Sataris

Then the guy is a rapist cus' men are inherently evil. Don't you know that? C'mon bro it's 2018, get with it.
Reply 12
Original post by Sataris

Then sex is usually a bad idea, lol.
Original post by Ciel.

Do you expect him to carry a breathalyser with him so he can determine the BAC of anyone that starts "putting his hand in places"?

"Too drunk" is vague. Both parties consumed alcohol. She started feeling him up. I'm not inclined to believe he took advantage under those circumstances.

Would you still think he'd taken advantage if this exact scenario had played out between two guys; that one had touched the other up the night before, then regretted having intoxicated intercourse the next morning?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by dsmith23
Do you expect him to carry a breathalyser with him so he can determine the BAC of anyone that starts "putting his hand in places"?

"Too drunk" is vague. Both parties consumed alcohol. She started feeling him up. I'm not inclined to believe he took advantage under those circumstances.

When a person has serious trouble walking, that usually means they are very drunk. Ugh.
Original post by Ciel.
Then sex is usually a bad idea, lol.

Agreed, but you can't expect a couple of overly drunk people to work that out for themselves
Original post by Ciel.
When a person has serious trouble walking, that usually means they are very drunk. Ugh.

She could've been wearing heels which I suspect are probably quite hard to walk in at the best of times. Ugh.
Original post by Ciel.

I’m guessing the other flat mate she slept with the night after took advantage too, right? Give me a break. She cheated on her bf twice with people she now needs to spend a year with. It’s going to be a fun year. lol
Reply 18
Original post by TheJohnM
I’m guessing the other flat mate she slept with the night after took advantage too, right? Give me a break. She cheated on her bf twice with people she now needs to spend a year with. It’s going to be a fun year. lol

Some people have trouble controlling their sex drive when they are drunk, lol.

Anyway - as I already explained - the way the OP described the whole thing in his initial post - made it seem like he was less drunk than she was. Hence my first post. He then clarified that they were both equally drunk.
Original post by TheJohnM

I don't know about the other guy cus I wasn't out but I do know I didn't have such intentions to "take advantage of her" because as I've said I'm shy and it was my first time so anything that did happen, she initiated. Don't get me wrong, I'm completely empathetic towards the situation, I just want to make sure she's okay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending