The Student Room Group

Why dont energy drinks work on me?

I tried monster relentless , redbull and boost today and none worked!!! I completely wasted my money! Is it because I have diabetes or because I bought it from a corner shop?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is it because I have diabetes
Reply 2
Because they're bull by and large - by 'energy' they apparently mean caffeine and sugar.

They never worked on me either and I don't have diabetes.
It's trash, go for coffee instead
Reply 4
Original post by _Fergo
Because they're bull by and large - by 'energy' they apparently mean caffeine and sugar.

They never worked on me either and I don't have diabetes.

I know but doesn’t caffeine keep you alive and improve your focus levels? The first time I tried Redbull, I did so much work and it gave me so much energy and now it doesn’t do anything !
Energy drinks don't work on me either. Anything that typically gives others a 'sugar high' does nothing for me, and I don't have diabetes.
Reply 6
Original post by GotASecret
I tried monster relentless , redbull and boost today and none worked!!!

They’re all cancelling each other out. It’s basic maths:

monster + relentless + red bull + boost = 0
Reply 7
Original post by Notnek
They’re all cancelling each other out. It’s basic maths:

monster + relentless + red bull + boost = 0

I didn’t have all of them at the same time!
Reply 8
Original post by GlockInmyRari
It's trash, go for coffee instead

Hmmm, is it really better? Tea doesn’t help me so why does coffee? More caffeine?
Reply 9
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Energy drinks don't work on me either. Anything that typically gives others a 'sugar high' does nothing for me, and I don't have diabetes.

What does?
Reply 10
I tried monster relentless , redbull and boost today and none worked!!! I completely wasted my money! Is it because I have diabetes or because I bought it from a corner shop?

Why would you drink that many sugary drinks in a day if you have diabetes?!?!
Original post by Notnek
Why would you drink that many sugary drinks in a day if you have diabetes?!?!

I only had like two sips of each and it’s only 2. Well tbh I didn’t drink redbull today. So 2.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hmmm, is it really better? Tea doesn’t help me so why does coffee? More caffeine?

For me coffee always worked well. Yeah i think it has more caffeine than tea. I often hear that because of all the sugar in energy drinks, you get a short energy peak after which you will become tired. Don't if that's true though.

Try coffee or even better, espresso sometime and see if it helps.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by GlockInmyRari
For me coffee always worked well. Yeah i think it has more caffeine than tea. I often hear that because of all the sugar in energy drinks, you get a short energy peak after which you will become tired. Don't if that's true though.

Try coffee or even better, espresso sometime and see if it helps.

Cool!! I have coffee. Do I add sugar and milk with it? Or unsweetened coffee?
The caffeine in tea and coffee works differently on you, tea tends to be mellower and longer lasting, coffee is more of a brute force kick, with massively strong blends available :smile:

None of these things are magic potions, past a point caffeine makes you feel increasingly grimy and wired, not prodcutive.
Original post by PhoenixFortune

I heard that being 'sugar high' doesn't exist and that it's simply a placebo effect.
Cool!! I have coffee. Do I add sugar and milk with it? Or unsweetened coffee?

I prefer unsweetened. But adding sugar and milk is okay as long as you don't add too much sugar.
Drink a large cold glass of water instead.

Try death wish coffee; that stuff will give you a kick
Reply 19
Original post by Grade A
I heard that being 'sugar high' doesn't exist and that it's simply a placebo effect.

Yes it's mainly the caffeine in red bull that gives you wings, not the sugar.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest