The Student Room Group

Cheapest Medicine course for International students outside of the UK

I would love to study Medicine in Australia but looking at Queensland Uni's site the fees for international students is $70k! Which is £40k per year - pretty pricey!

Is there anywhere slightly cheaper?

And is Aus always expensive for international students?

NB: am a UK resident and wish to study abroad preferably as I am a graduate and don't hold a 2:1 in my current degree

Cheers
Reply 1
What degree and classification do you hold? And would you be willing to study in the U.K as a graduate? is sitting the GAMSAT an option for you?
Reply 2
This was exactly my thought.

By introducing a language barrier I will have another hurdle to cross and grasping medicine itself is tough enough.
Reply 3
Original post by Jin3011
What degree and classification do you hold? And would you be willing to study in the U.K as a graduate? is sitting the GAMSAT an option for you?

I did get a 2:2 but on my certificate it says "ordinary degree"

I dont mind studying in the UK but most unis want 2:1 degrees.Whilst it may be relatively easy to get a first or 2:1 in business management or accounting and finance that doesnt necessarily mean someone will excel in medicine. Medicine is a tough subject and requires a different level of determination, focus, and commitment.

Ideally I would want to leave the UK and practice abroad for good. The UK has changed dramatically and the final stab will be Brexit I reckon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending