The Student Room Group

Want to buy a new car? Help is here!

:auto: Help with buying a new car :auto:

Looking for a new ride but not sure what to get? We've got you covered!

Fill out this form and we'll get back to you with our recommendations!

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
VW...Done!
Reply 2
Original post by Insure4cheap
*spam*

Original post by PhilipG1
Whats an estimate for a new Mk8 Fiesta ST. 4 years NCD, 21, 1 write off claim.

They're not a regulated broker, and they're not allowed to advertise here - don't fall for the con.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by IWMTom
They're not a regulated broker, and they're not allowed to advertise here - don't fall for the con.

Binned and banned. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by AngryJellyfish

You're a gem :love:
Original post by IWMTom

fair - considering your here I got a question that I need a second opinion on.

Basically had a write off accident in a works vehicle, insured under my employer. Company claimed off insurance which I understand since it was a write off. I know this doesn't effect my NCD - thank god for that. When it comes to renewing my insurance, do I put the claim when searching for quotes as it wasn't me who claimed it was the companies decision?
Reply 6
fair - considering your here I got a question that I need a second opinion on.

Basically had a write off accident in a works vehicle, insured under my employer. Company claimed off insurance which I understand since it was a write off. I know this doesn't effect my NCD - thank god for that. When it comes to renewing my insurance, do I put the claim when searching for quotes as it wasn't me who claimed it was the companies decision?

The question is usually whether you've had any accidents in the last 3/5 years rather than claims. I'd imagine you'd have to put down the claim anyway.
Original post by IWMTom
The question is usually whether you've had any accidents in the last 3/5 years rather than claims. I'd imagine you'd have to put down the claim anyway.

pretty peak considering I want to get a new Mk8 Fiesta ST and without the claim its 855 but with its like 1,000
Reply 8
pretty peak considering I want to get a new Mk8 Fiesta ST and without the claim its 855 but with its like 1,000

I feel your pain. I had a car park ding (nothing major) and I lost my NCB :cry:
Any advice for a 90,000 miles 2012 Scirocco?
Original post by That Bearded Man
Any advice for a 90,000 miles 2012 Scirocco?

It's done average-ish miles. I personally wouldn't go for a car with that high mileage, neither would I go for the Scirocco. Thought about the Golf?
Hey
I’m 17 and have just started driving lessons. I was just wondering what is the best and cheapest to insure brands for manual 5 door cars but don’t look too cheap or tacky
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Is that floor hot?
I want a car
Original post by IWMTom

:auto: Help with buying a new car :auto:

Looking for a new ride but not sure what to get? We've got you covered!

Fill out this form and we'll get back to you with our recommendations!

Budget: £1000

I was thinking of getting a VW Golf Mk4 (2002-4) with about 100k mileage but not sure if it's a wholy reliable car. Intend to drive it for like 3 years.
Good choice
Very much I love cars. Now I have a CR-V Honda. I am madly happy with this car.
thank you for the information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending