The Student Room Group

can yoy get into university with functional skills maths and english level 2

will the university accept functional skills maths and english level 2.because I'm studying IT computing and information technology level 3 for 2years so I wanted to know if any university accept functional skills level 2
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Krystal1568
will the university accept functional skills maths and english level 2.because I'm studying IT computing and information technology level 3 for 2years so I wanted to know if any university accept functional skills level 2

Hi @Krystal1568

Hoping I can offer some help here.

The quick answer is - it depends on the university.

Some will some wont. Did you have a university in mind that you would like to apply with and do you know what course you would be applying for?

Thanks - Sophie.

You're studying computing with a Functional Skills certificate in mathematics??!
Reply 3
Original post by National Careers Service
Hi @Krystal1568

Some will some wont. Did you have a university in mind that you would like to apply with and do you know what course you would be applying for?

Thanks - Sophie.

at the moment I am studying ICT level 3 computing and information technology for 2 years and I'm doing functional skills maths and English at level 2 I just wanted to know after finish my 2 years at college I want to study HNC at university.
Reply 4
at the moment I am studying ICT level 3 computing and information technology for 2 years and I'm doing functional skills maths and English at level 2 I just wanted to know after finish my 2 years at college I want to study HNC at university.
Reply 5
Original post by Reality Check
You're studying computing with a Functional Skills certificate in mathematics??!

yes I am but functional skills level 2 maths and english
Reply 6
Hi @Krystal1568

Thanks - Sophie.

the university i had in mind was Birmingham university and aston university
the university i had in mind was Birmingham university and aston university

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have had a look and to be perfectly honest they don't say you can see the entry requirements for all their courses here - https://bit.ly/2MqUUcc

Best advice I can offer is use the link above to get in touch with their admissions team so that you can ask them directly. They will be able to give you an answer and will most likely recommend that you make an application.

Hope this helps - Sophie.
Reply 8
Thanks for getting back to me.

I have had a look and to be perfectly honest they don't say you can see the entry requirements for all their courses here - https://bit.ly/2MqUUcc

Best advice I can offer is use the link above to get in touch with their admissions team so that you can ask them directly. They will be able to give you an answer and will most likely recommend that you make an application.

Hope this helps - Sophie.

thank you Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest