The Student Room Group

People look at my lips when i talk

I don't have smelly breath i just want to know why people do it i know its because i have bigger lips not hugeee but bigger than average i also want them to stop it staring it makes me feel insecure when im saying something and all there staring at is my lips.l had someone tell me that i have bigger lips than average.And everyone i talk to does it at least twice or more. Im pretty sure its not that they feel awkward because my friend of two years does it as well. Also tis one girl told me that i have bigger lips
(edited 5 years ago)
Maybw dey ashy as
Maybe you have nice lips or maybe they’re crusty?

Some ppl just don’t give eye contact. They look at other facial features. Some ppl even look at ur nose
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by kate426
I don't have smelly breath i jusy want to know why people do it i know its because i have bigger lips not hugeee but bigger than average i also want them to stop it staring it makes me feel insecure when im saying something and all there staring at is my lips.

A lot of people look at someone’s lips when they talk. Less awkward than staring into their eyes I suppose.
People often find extended eye contact difficult and look at the mouth instead so that they are still looking at the face. It's normal and not something you should feel insecure about.
I thought this was going to be about men looking downwards.
Reply 6
Original post by Rainfall
Maybe you have nice lips or maybe they’re crusty?

Some ppl just don’t give eye contact. They look at other facial features. Some ppl even look at ur nose

😂Thx for your blunt honesty
Reply 7
Original post by kate426
I don't have smelly breath i just want to know why people do it i know its because i have bigger lips not hugeee but bigger than average i also want them to stop it staring it makes me feel insecure when im saying something and all there staring at is my lips.l had someone tell me that i have bigger lips than average.And everyone i talk to does it at least twice or more. Im pretty sure its not awkward because um friend of two years does it as well

Do you talk quietly? If so, people may watch your lips so sort of lip read to make sure they're hearing you correctly.
Reply 8
Original post by Kath0601
Do you talk quietly? If so, people may watch your lips so sort of lip read to make sure they're hearing you correctly.

Yeah i do thats usually do to the fact that people watch my lips and now im thinking there really ugly then some people stare with curiosity or wonder
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Maybw dey ashy as

I have dry skin so i always try to moisture them so they don't look ashy😂😂
Yes they probably just have an eye contact issue. I'm sure it has nothing to do with your lips.
I'd think if someone had the nerve to comment on your lip size they wouldn't think negatively on them.

For example if someone has an undesirable feature i wouldnt comment on it but if its something that i thought wasnt bad at all and they weren't insecure about, I'd be more likely to comment on it
Original post by kate426
I don't have smelly breath i just want to know why people do it i know its because i have bigger lips not hugeee but bigger than average i also want them to stop it staring it makes me feel insecure when im saying something and all there staring at is my lips.l had someone tell me that i have bigger lips than average.And everyone i talk to does it at least twice or more. Im pretty sure its not that they feel awkward because my friend of two years does it as well. Also tis one girl told me that i have bigger lips

I sometimes start at people's lips if they're really thin and flat and feel sort of baffled and curious as to why they look like they have no lips.

I also do it to lip read if the person mumbles.
Reply 13
Original post by YaliaV
Yes they probably just have an eye contact issue. I'm sure it has nothing to do with your lips.

🤔True i never thought of it as that way
Original post by kate426
I have dry skin so i always try to moisture them so they don't look ashy😂😂

Oh lol same I have dry skin so I have to layer the lip balm on. Haha people look at mine because they’re literally shining
it's a God gifted thing. the people who laugh ormake fun about it they r just silly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending