The Student Room Group

A*A*A*A* at A-Level: AMA

In A-Level Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths, I achieved A*A*A*A*. This is my greatest life achievement so far (well other than surviving tbh). I'm happy to answer any questions :smile: Also, I had no social life whilst doing my A-Levels!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quantum_of_Hope
In A-Level Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths, I achieved A*A*A*A*. This is my greatest life achievement so far (well other than surviving tbh). I'm happy to answer any questions :smile: Also, I had no social life whilst doing my A-Levels!

You say that last bit very, happily?

Why did you not have a social life? You can study effectively while maintaining, you know, your sanity 👍🏻

Well done on your achievement. 😊
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
well done! that's pretty impressive. What board for physics? I did OCR and managed an A. Also if you don't mind me asking, what uni are u going to?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by FloralHybrid
You say that last bit very, happily?

Why did you not have a social life? You can study effectively while maintaining, you know, your sanity 👍🏻

Well done on your achievement. 😊

I didn't mean to say it happily, I guess it just came across in that way? I kinda got used to it after a while and told myself it would be worth it in the long run. Plus, when studying is a good distraction so it's not too bad. I've always been very shy, socially awkward and introverted :/

Thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Really well done on your achievements :smile:

What were your year 13 hours like / how much were you doing at home etc

What uni are you going to? I thought I was smart copping 3A*s still
Original post by theowinn

I was supposed to be going to Imperial, but I have to defer for medical reasons :'(

Well done on your results :smile: Which subjects did you do?

How to achieve A* in Physics, Chemistry and Maths ?

Could you please explain in a v detailed way ?

Any tips you would like to give me ?

Much thanks :smile:
Original post by theowinn

congrats to OP and congrats to you!
Original post by timif2
Really well done on your achievements :smile:

What were your year 13 hours like / how much were you doing at home etc

Thank you :smile:

I spent everyday after sixth form revising, from about 16:30 - 20:30 every evening. I also spent break time and lunch time at sixth form studying. And my weekends consisted of around 18 hours of revision.
Original post by Mosa99
well done! that's pretty impressive. What board for physics? I did OCR and managed an A. Also if you don't mind me asking, what uni are u going to?

Thanks :smile: I did AQA Physics and the papers were pretty nasty! Well done on your A in physics - that's great too :smile:
I was supposed to be going to Imperial but they won't let me return until 2019 because of my health. :frown:
Original post by tome123
there are so many of these threads. maths + further maths + physics is the easiest combination due to the amount of content that overlaps. chemistry as well's alright though. on r/6thform there's a guy that got 6 A*s

No need to rain on their parade...
Reply 12
Thanks :smile: I did AQA Physics and the papers were pretty nasty! Well done on your A in physics - that's great too :smile:
I was supposed to be going to Imperial but they won't let me return until 2019 because of my health. :frown:

well done👏🏼 and good luck goin to imperial next year.
Original post by tome123
there are so many of these threads. maths + further maths + physics is the easiest combination due to the amount of content that overlaps. chemistry as well's alright though. on r/6thform there's a guy that got 6 A*s

I wouldn't say it is an 'easy' combination! Further maths is notoriously one of the most difficult A-Levels.

I guess TSR attracts these sorts of students? Wow 6 A* is incredibly impressive! I wonder which subjects that was in.
Original post by Mosa99
well done👏🏼 and good luck goin to imperial next year.

Thanks :smile: Which uni are you going to, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by omarathon
No need to rain on their parade...

Yeah apparently 4 A* is easy in their opinion!
What other interests do you have? Also which course at imperial are you hoping to do?
Yeah apparently 4 A* is easy in their opinion!

did you happen to go to a good school?
Original post by black1blade
What other interests do you have? Also which course at imperial are you hoping to do?

Swimming, cycling, yoga, reading, photography and spending time outdoors. These are pretty boring things I guess!

Physics with Theoretical Physics :smile:
Reply 19
Thanks :smile: Which uni are you going to, if you don't mind me asking?

Im goin to bristol ( missed my firm offer from cam:frown:( )

Quick Reply

Latest