The Student Room Group

Can you fail any units in a btec national extended diploma?

if I fail one unit will I still get the qualification?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you fail, you will fail everything in the extended diploma. Although the qualification is worth more than the BTEC National. I'd recommend taking the BTEC National if you're not so good with coursework as you can resubmit as many times as you want.
Reply 2
Original post by hippy272
If you fail, you will fail everything in the extended diploma. Although the qualification is worth more than the BTEC National. I'd recommend taking the BTEC National if you're not so good with coursework as you can resubmit as many times as you want.

im already on my last year of the extended national but i have one failed unit from last year so if it remains like that i will not achieve a qualification at all ?:frown:
Reply 3
its not a core unit if that helps
As far as I'm aware, though I can't speak from experience as I haven't failed any units, a failed unit just brings your overall grade down. I know a few people on my course who haven't passed a unit or two and I haven't heard anyone say anything about a complete fail. Can you not include the unit in some work you'll be doing/are doing now? Or even improve and resubmit the work for that unit?
Reply 5
You need to complete 18 Units including all core units to achieve the Extended Diploma. If you don't, then the Diploma is 12 units including the core units. Biggest problem is that if you only end up with the Diploma you have effectively dropped an A-level and this will have a big impact on anyone applying to Uni as you need 3 in most cases.

Never presume anything, always ask your tutor or Head of Department.
Reply 6
Original post by festiechick
You need to complete 18 Units including all core units to achieve the Extended Diploma. If you don't, then the Diploma is 12 units including the core units. Biggest problem is that if you only end up with the Diploma you have effectively dropped an A-level and this will have a big impact on anyone applying to Uni as you need 3 in most cases.

Never presume anything, always ask your tutor or Head of Department.

only end up with the diploma? how is that a problem lol
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
i didn't complete 2 units of my btec and came out with DDM. I would of got DDD if i had completed it all. Still got into uni
Reply 8
Original post by punani-62
i didn't complete 2 units of my btec and came out with DDM. I would of got DDD if i had completed it all. Still got into uni

which btec did you do?
Reply 9
Original post by sz16
which btec did you do?

Btec National Diploma in Public Services level 3

it was a rubbish course. On my results sheet where it lists what grade you got for units, it just said unclassified instead of distinction or merit. I don't think it really matters if you failed one or two, just make sure you get distinction for all your assignments.:smile:
Original post by chosenone93

no
Reply 11
no you can not fail any assignments but if you get a pass it very poor grade to get but if you do fail it on your first try and you can get a re submission and they will help you get a pass

hope this helps
Original post by chosenone93
Reply 12
Original post by hippy272

that's not exactly true
Reply 13
Hello, i have failed unit 2 and the subject leader for science says i wont get a qualification. I cannot redo another subject or even retake year 12.
Original post by TMWEe
Hello, i have failed unit 2 and the subject leader for science says i wont get a qualification. I cannot redo another subject or even retake year 12.

Have you already been offered / done a resubmission?
Reply 15
Yes but I failed the whole unit. I will not get a qualification. I cannot choose another subject or even retake year 12 at my school. They told me to do apprenticeships but I'm not interested and they are not easy to get either.
Original post by TMWEe
Yes but I failed the whole unit. I will not get a qualification. I cannot choose another subject or even retake year 12 at my school. They told me to do apprenticeships but I'm not interested and they are not easy to get either.

Are you doing the extended diploma? It’s the one worth 3 a levels. (Btw pls quote so I know when you reply)
Reply 17
Original post by Student1191
Are you doing the extended diploma? It’s the one worth 3 a levels. (Btw pls quote so I know when you reply)

No it's the one worth 2 a levels
Original post by TMWEe
No it's the one worth 2 a levels

Is it a optional unit or compulsory?
Reply 19
Original post by Student1191
Is it a optional unit or compulsory?

Compulsory idk what to do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending