The Student Room Group

Do you think the Purge will happen in Britain?

Random question. I've been thinking alot about the Purge movie and I'm currently watching the new TV series 'The purge' on Amazon prime.

To me it seems like if this was to happen in real life, it would definitely be an American thing no doubt. But I was thinking, do you think it would be a British thing?

I feel that most British people wouldn't be bothered to leave their house. And We're overly apologetic in everything we do. So How? I just dont see it.Can you actually imagine yourself committing these crimes without any consequence?

If so, what crime would you commit? Would you be a purger or try to stay safe?

Scroll to see replies

i'd rather not have hordes of chavs running up on me in their stolen JD merch
tis already happened where I'm from :biggrin:
Original post by Shakiras Law
i'd rather not have hordes of chavs running up on me in their stolen JD merch

sounds like home xx
Reply 4
Original post by Bang Outta Order
tis already happened where I'm from :biggrin:

Lol where are you from?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
It would be Islam vs everybody else - and yes you will have to fight whether you like it or not

What do you mean Islam verses everybody else?
Original post by cyber1995
Lol where are you from?

guess
The real question is why the fixation on murder in the purge, if all crime was legal i would go and ransack aldi or something.
Only law breaking that would happen is posting memes in the EU
Reply 9
Original post by CoolCavy
The real question is why the fixation on murder in the purge, if all crime was legal i would go and ransack aldi or something.

Lol 😂 Get some croissants from the bakery isle too.
Reply 10
guess

America (only place I feel like it's happening right now)

you have very low ambition. try the bank or the jewellers or technology / hardware or pharmacies.

high value, low bulk.

I'd assassinate da gov. lol kidding. I'd rob a bank, **** aldi's lol
Original post by nonotyoutoo
you have very low ambition. try the bank or the jewellers or technology / hardware or pharmacies.

high value, low bulk.

hm true, was thinking aldi cos is my main cost at uni -rent :lol: but true if you robbed something of high worth you could easily carry you could always flog it on later :beard:

I'd assassinate da gov. lol kidding. I'd rob a bank, **** aldi's lol

:gasp: aldi is :heart:

ello :colone: if you robbed a bank, you could buy Aldi
it definitely wouldn't happen in Britain, I think we're too lazy or something.

if there was a purge, I would probably be a purger stoning certain criminals God commanded.
Reply 16
Original post by H20 III
it definitely wouldn't happen in Britain, I think we're too lazy or something.

if there was a purge, I would probably be a purger stoning certain criminals God commanded.

Judge, jury and executioner.
Original post by cyber1995
Judge, jury and executioner.

I'll have many others as well as judge and jury too. need a fair trial before we start stoning the wrong people
Reply 18
If a real life purge happened nothing would really happen like it does in the movies.
Like only about 1000 people would participate
hm true, was thinking aldi cos is my main cost at uni -rent :lol: but true if you robbed something of high worth you could easily carry you could always flog it on later :beard:

funny thing is that in the actual movie there are loads of hints that heavy businesses like supermarkets, etc, were heavily protected, hence people targetted smaller places and people :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending