The Student Room Group

Graduate Programme 2019 application support group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Not the big 4. But if anyone is interested in local gov and planning to apply for NGDP I'm more than happy to give advice for the application stages.

I was successful in my application for cohort 20 while completing my final year of uni and I am about to start working in a week and a half at my local authority :smile:
Reply 21
Just completed my first test for a Grad role. Got the report back from test and it says I got "Below average" on numerical reasoning which I take as a fail. Yet to get confirmation. Really depressing considering I am doing a maths degree!
Original post by Mr XcX
Just completed my first test for a Grad role. Got the report back from test and it says I got "Below average" on numerical reasoning which I take as a fail. Yet to get confirmation. Really depressing considering I am doing a maths degree!

Which company was that with?
Reply 23
Original post by fatart123
Which company was that with?

Mazars. It said I was average on the verbal reasoning but below average for the numerical test. Think that means I get cut. They're still "processing" my application but I assume they just use the computer to filter out applicants.
Original post by Mr XcX
Mazars. It said I was average on the verbal reasoning but below average for the numerical test. Think that means I get cut. They're still "processing" my application but I assume they just use the computer to filter out applicants.

They took a day or so to get back to me with a response when I did it. I'm not sure it's fully computerised though. Would be automatic like the SJT progression on some sites if it was.
Reply 25
They took a day or so to get back to me with a response when I did it. I'm not sure it's fully computerised though. Would be automatic like the SJT progression on some sites if it was.

Still hope then :smile: I'll keep the thread updated. Got to be prepared though for failure and move on and learn from mistakes. How did your Mazars application go?
Original post by Mr XcX
Still hope then :smile: I'll keep the thread updated. Got to be prepared though for failure and move on and learn from mistakes. How did your Mazars application go?

Was told I'm through to the telephone stage a while back but haven't heard anything since (audit). Not really done a telephone interview before so should be 'interesting' to say the least.
Hi guys,

Has anyone seen EY or Deloitte open yet? I can't seem to find anything for 2019 September intakes...

Have done KPMG and Mazars, have been emailed about doing a phone interview with Mazars, and they said there are sign-ups going out soon for slots, but have yet to receive the sign-up form. Anyone else in the same boat?
Was told I'm through to the telephone stage a while back but haven't heard anything since (audit). Not really done a telephone interview before so should be 'interesting' to say the least.

Hey, also in for a telephone interview (for business consulting though). Any idea when we'll be sent sign-up slots?
Original post by ssswims
Hey, also in for a telephone interview (for business consulting though). Any idea when we'll be sent sign-up slots?

Nope. I'm hoping late September to early October though.
Reply 30
Original post by Mr XcX

So sorry to hear that :-(. But heyyy don't get depressed you have just started. Just make a plan and make as many applications as you can. I read somewhere that graduates 1 offer to 10 applications. So far I have been successful and have already got the invitations for some interviews. But I was lucky to find a guy who provides real test materials at graduate job guide co uk, so I suggest you contact him as his help is priceless. I think someone else also mentioned it.
TSR really needs custom word filters.
Reminder to not buy anything from graduate job guide website. It is a complete waste of money.
Reply 33
Has anyone done the pwc career valuation step yet? I did it last year but can't remember what it entails. Is there anything I can use to practice?

Thanks!
Website plug in 3...2...
Reply 35
Original post by cicici
So sorry to hear that :-(. But heyyy don't get depressed you have just started. Just make a plan and make as many applications as you can. I read somewhere that graduates 1 offer to 10 applications. So far I have been successful and have already got the invitations for some interviews. But I was lucky to find a guy who provides real test materials at graduate job guide co uk, so I suggest you contact him as his help is priceless. I think someone else also mentioned it.

Mazars sent me an email just now saying "We recently sent you an invite to online assessment.." no idea what is going on with it anymore. I wonder if they're reviewing it? I don't know. I assumed it was just instant Yes / No if you progressed to the next stage? Sent another application off today. Still not for the big 4 yet though I am too scared lol
Reply 36
I am currently preparing some interview answers for competency questions. I've got some for Leadership / Communication / Analysis / Motivation / Team Working / Time you had a failure

Any others I need?
Reply 37
LOL I've got for 4 email in space of 20 mins from Mazars saying they've invited me to do the online tests. All duplicates. I clicked on the link and it says I completed them already. Really confused. The "deadline" was on Thursday so why they sending this on Friday? It makes no sense. Plus they already gave me feedback from the tests I've already done.
Original post by Mr XcX
LOL I've got for 4 email in space of 20 mins from Mazars saying they've invited me to do the online tests. All duplicates. I clicked on the link and it says I completed them already. Really confused. The "deadline" was on Thursday so why they sending this on Friday? It makes no sense. Plus they already gave me feedback from the tests I've already done.

Just got an email from Mazars telling me to book a telephone interview-- well, 3 emails. I guess they're starting to send these things out now.
Original post by Mr XcX

Don't be tricked into thinking that a Maths degree automatically makes you great at numerical reasoning - I was in the same boat last year! It's so different from degree maths that it takes a while to get used to doing them, but doing some practice ones should help. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending