The Student Room Group

Why does this keep happening???

Every time I have a math test, I revised very hard for it. I get to the exam and I do the work properly and I triple check my answers to make sure its all right. Now I checked the markscheme and I lose 10-20 marks, this is starting to become a regular occurrence now. At home I get the questions right, in the exam I take my time on each question and have time in the end to check it, I come out thinking it is good and I did well, but I still mess up. I doubt i'll get into the Uni I want now. WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME.

Scroll to see replies

bump
Reply 3
pressure perhaps?!
Original post by Kathy89
pressure perhaps?!

Well, there was pressure at the beginning of the exam (This exam depends what uni I go to). I calmed down as soon as I started the paper and was Calm and Composed throughout. I still had time to check answers and everything. I still don't understand why I got some of the questions wrong when I was getting them right a few days ago and I checked them twice.
Reply 5
Still, you might be stressed but "making" yourself calm down... it is not the same as not being stressed.
Original post by Kathy89
Still, you might be stressed but "making" yourself calm down... it is not the same as not being stressed.

Its like i Instantly calmed down after looking at the first question and was calm since. I was happy in fact
bump
Original post by Kathy89

u do have a point, but it went away when I started the paper
bump
bump
god forbid this happening to me
Original post by Rainfall
god forbid this happening to me

Yh, why me
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
Yh, why me

What do you keep losing marks on? Work on those questions
What do you keep losing marks on? Work on those questions

i do the same questions few days ago, get them right (not exact paper) just topic questions
(edited 5 years ago)
i do the same questions few days ago, get them right (not exact paper) just topic questions

maybe u dont understand the topic very well. ask your teacher to tell you where you’re going wrong
maybe u dont understand the topic very well. ask your teacher to tell you where you’re going wrong

I legit mastered those topics from doing countless questions. Im taking major Ls rn
I legit mastered those topics from doing countless questions. Im taking major Ls rn

yikes:/ must suck man
yikes:/ must suck man

really infuriating. however, i must be optimistic. shd get a B so that means from Febuary to september I went from a U to a B.
really infuriating. however, i must be optimistic. shd get a B so that means from Febuary to september I went from a U to a B.

That’s amazing!! Good for you. U to a b is good progress

Quick Reply

Latest