The Student Room Group

Transferring unis last minute

Hi, I'm transferring from UWE Bristol to Swansea for Politics. It's very last minute - I need to make a decision on Monday. That involves signing my accommodation notice, leaving UWE, contacting Student Finance, officially accept my Swansea offer and praying I get accommodation there. It's really stressful.

I love Bristol as a city, but I know Swansea is the better uni. What do you think, which uni do you prefer? Do you have any similar stories? I'll most likely miss freshers week and be financially liable for some part of my UWE accommodation as I've already signed my contract, which is the worst bit.
thinking of doing something similar
Reply 2
Original post by quirky editor
thinking of doing something similar

If you've accepted an offer somewhere, act quick, cause I'm pretty sure you have 14 days from Monday before money gets paid to your uni.
Original post by Pepilang
Hi, I'm transferring from UWE Bristol to Swansea for Politics. It's very last minute - I need to make a decision on Monday. That involves signing my accommodation notice, leaving UWE, contacting Student Finance, officially accept my Swansea offer and praying I get accommodation there. It's really stressful.

I'll most likely be financially liable for some part of my UWE accommodation as I've already signed my contract, which is the worst bit.

If you've accepted an offer somewhere, act quick, cause I'm pretty sure you have 14 days from Monday before money gets paid to your uni.

...Are you asking for advice or giving it? Because I would like to hear how this pans out for my own reasons.
Reply 4

I love Bristol as a city, but I know Swansea is the better uni. What do you think, which uni do you prefer? Do you have any similar stories? I'll most likely miss freshers week and be financially liable for some part of my UWE accommodation as I've already signed my contract, which is the worst bit.

Which course do you prefer? No point going somewhere that you think is better if you hate the course.

It's not the end of the world if you miss freshers and I'm sure UWE will find someone to take over your contract as there are usually a lot of people that want to switch rooms in the first few weeks.

I've just looked at Swansea's accommodation guarantee and you unfortunately don't fit the criteria at this point (although they may still be able to find you something). I'd start having a look at private accommodation.
uni line has closed
what now

did you do it?

Quick Reply

Latest