The Student Room Group

mez's guide to not getting disowned: a year 11 gyg

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mez_merising
guys I just got back from dofe and I’m absolutely shattered and still have got hw to complete, tests to revise for and tears to cry.

Haha I can so relate! Everytime I come back from an exped I'm knocked out and It takes me ages to get used to normal life :biggrin:.

What level are you doing?
Original post by thestudent33

What level are you doing?

silver sighhh just gold left
guys ive added some gifs wow so productive and ill try and write some posts about this week and dofe if my memory doesnt fade sksksksks
also please remind me how to do a tag list and if you'd like to be tagged or wanna tag me in anything : )))
silver sighhh just gold left

Same! :smile:

so it's a week later and im writing this hmm lets see how crappy my memory is...

sooooo my dad and i had to drive all the way upto suffolk... or was it norfolk? idk man i didnt take geography but anyway so we got in our canoes and yeah we got stuck within the first five minutes because the launch area was all washed out and so out canoe was stuck so me being me i had to get into the freezing cold lake (which wasnt too bad but ill exxagerate it for dramatic effect) and heaved our boat out.

then what else hhhhhh oh yeah so we were the third team of four to leave so naturally my competitive instincts kicked in. we heard on the radio from the other team that there was a dead something in the water, so at every ominous looking log my friend and i screamed. and then the one time we think its a rock and my friend goes 'ey lets try and surf over it' we get closer and oh my god it was the most traumatic thing ive seen in my entire life. it was clearly not a rock, but it had fur and ears, so i just shut my eyes and screamed at my friend to paddle oh my i still have nightmares.

and then there were the vicious swans to deal with damn those mf.....anyway the first day was clearly the worst because it was so long around 12.2k i think and we had so many long portages to lug our boats out of and uhghhhhhh some bits were so narrow to get stuck in just sighhhhh

we only got to camp at around seven so we were literally putting up tents and cooking in the dark. we also found out that it was a dead calf in the river

so yeah pretty eventful i guess
and our camp wasnt even a campsite it was literally the behind side of a pub with a road literally behind a hedge so every five minutes we'd hear a lorry go hooooooonkkkkk smh i slept with so many layers, a tshirt shirt hoodie fleece and a coat plus two pairs of socks, leggings joggers and my sleeping bag and i still probably got hypothermia.
(edited 5 years ago)

so saturday was slightly better, we woke up super early because we wanted to be the first to leave and we were! can't remember too much about this day but campsite was so much better, we got there around four so had plenty of time to chill even though it was a longer paddle of 12.7k

uhh oh yeah so at night my friend decided to scare the people in the next tent. so she already had a dodgy ankle so she ran to their tent and attempted to hobble run back, but she must of tripped on something and felt and like re-sprained her ankle smhmhhhh she was ok though but damn it was wild. also we saw so many people canoeing as well like some chinese people who were hella cute and these i think german or czech or european guys that my friend insisted on naming one of them alejandro for some reason

(edited 5 years ago)
Kpop fan here as well !!!! Loving that u are incorporating that in revision. How do not get distracted from them!!!
love BTS, EXO, TWICE !!!!

so i woke up feeling super pumped to get home beacuse honestly i was so tired and really had so much to do when i got back. so we arrived at the end point at around half one which was super crazy and oh the relief i felt when we finished hhhhhh it felt so good

and then i remember i told my dad to come and pick me up at four, so literally i was the last one to leave. i was sat at the side of the road looking like a homeless person smh and the dofe leaders just went to the pub smh. so then my dad calls and is like 'we're at the place' and im like 'where are you' and so i realise he's at the beginning point where he dropped us off hhhhhhhh. thankfully it was only 20 minutes away from there but still the saddest thing is that it took us 3 days to get there smh. and then ill save myself the embarassment but basically i started crying on the side of the road and then i hear my friend calling my name coming and yeah her dad has to go and buy me a fruit shoot and a kitkat that melted in my pocket and i cried all the way home so yeah how eventful ahhahahahaaaa but it wasn't too bad im just dreading gold

and theres no way im canoeing for gold lorddddddddd no
i was so tired i think i fell asleep as soon as i saw my bed

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by suga&kookies
Kpop fan here as well !!!! Loving that u are incorporating that in revision. How do not get distracted from them!!!
love BTS, EXO, TWICE !!!!

haha i love your username! im trying to limit myself but its honestly so so hard kkkkk
im just using the bts london concert as motivation to get some work done
Youtube and kpop/ internet have been my biggest distractions so if you have any tips as to how I can revise without having my mind filled with them tell me, please!!!

As soon as I sit to study I'm on youtube watching them being dorks
Youtube and kpop/ internet have been my biggest distractions so if you have any tips as to how I can revise without having my mind filled with them tell me, please!!!

ughhhhh i relate so much!
i'll try and come up with somet ips but i dont think ill be of any use!
what year are you in?
yr 11 :h:

Im not the OP but I will try to help use focus app for your phone as it blocks you from using apps on your phone. Use clodturkey to block the whole internet browser. If you need to use internet browser then download a another browser just for doing your school work.
refraction ew
i'd like to be tagged:biggrin:
Original post by kodiakruble
im not the op but i will try to help use focus app for your phone as it blocks you from using apps on your phone. Use clodturkey to block the whole internet browser. If you need to use internet browser then download a another browser just for doing your school work.

how do i download another browser????
have i said hey yet???
uhhh hi there lol
haha i love your username! im trying to limit myself but its honestly so so hard kkkkk
im just using the bts london concert as motivation to get some work done

that's so cool, r u going to the concert?
Original post by studyoon
that's so cool, r u going to the concert?

yesss i honestly cant believe it
Original post by clouddbubbles
have i said hey yet???
uhhh hi there lol

:aetsch:
well i have let you down once again.
so i started trying daily updates but realised that got super boring so i'll only update if there's like something vaguely interesting or like idk a test or maybe i'll add pics of my art idk dont expexct tooo much aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending