The Student Room Group

Can someone help me in pure maths

Hi!can someone advise me what to do for pure maths?i have my exams in three months and I haven't stares the question paper.can someone please give me advice
Physicsandmathstutor.com
Original post by TurboZX453
Physicsandmathstutor.com

that's for maths.im looking for pure maths
Original post by PrincessDiaries
that's for maths.im looking for pure maths

same thing. pure math is a branch of math.
Hi!can someone advise me what to do for pure maths?i have my exams in three months and I haven't stares the question paper.can someone please give me advice

Is it GCSEs or A - levels?
What spec are you doing? Is there any particular topic you struggle with? Lastly just to clarify, is this for A-level maths?
Original post by _Mia101
Is it GCSEs or A - levels?

Gcse
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
What spec are you doing? Is there any particular topic you struggle with? Lastly just to clarify, is this for A-level maths?

Igcse/GCSEs and I'm struggling at quadratic equations,logs,calculus,trigonometric equations and equation and graphs and also mensuration
Gcse

Well, are you in year 10 or 11? If you are in year 10 I could help you. But if you are in year 11 then you should try looking at some practice papers and then use the mark scheme and go through the mark scheme to see and understand the working. For the ones that you really don't understand you should ask your classmates and teachers.
Igcse/GCSEs and I'm struggling at quadratic equations,logs,calculus,trigonometric equations and equation and graphs and also mensuration

Okay so those topics are a few which a few students struggle with. Can I ask if you understand the basic rules these topics follow? e.g. knowing how to use quadratic formula, completing the square and finding discriminant to show if there are real roots of an equation? Similarly in logs you might've studied log10 and ln etc? What sort of trigonometric equations are you on about, are these the basic ones e.g. cos^2 x + sin^2 x = 1 and tan x = sinx / cosx? If you can tell what spec you follow, I can link you to some pages to help you with these specific topics.
Original post by _Mia101
Well, are you in year 10 or 11? If you are in year 10 I could help you. But if you are in year 11 then you should try looking at some practice papers and then use the mark scheme and go through the mark scheme to see and understand the working. For the ones that you really don't understand you should ask your classmates and teachers.

I'm in year 11 and thanks for the advice but my teacher is a mean guy who yells at me for asking questions
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
Okay so those topics are a few which a few students struggle with. Can I ask if you understand the basic rules these topics follow? e.g. knowing how to use quadratic formula, completing the square and finding discriminant to show if there are real roots of an equation? Similarly in logs you might've studied log10 and ln etc? What sort of trigonometric equations are you on about, are these the basic ones e.g. cos^2 x + sin^2 x = 1 and tan x = sinx / cosx? If you can tell what spec you follow, I can link you to some pages to help you with these specific topics.

I'm in igcse Edexcel and yeah I'm talking about those but I don't know how to do it

Quick Reply

Latest