The Student Room Group

Best Textbook For AQA A Level Maths

What do you think is the best textbook to buy for AQA A Level Maths, especially if your teachers aren't particularly good and so you have to self-learn a lot of the course by yourself???

Extra: Do you think a revision guide for AQA A Level Maths is also useful to have, in addition to a textbook?? If so, which one would you recommend?
Original post by Shav-UK
What do you think is the best textbook to buy for AQA A Level Maths, especially if your teachers aren't particularly good and so you have to self-learn a lot of the course by yourself???

Extra: Do you think a revision guide for AQA A Level Maths is also useful to have, in addition to a textbook?? If so, which one would you recommend?

This is a GREAT textbook: https://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Level-Maths-Combined-Bridging/dp/0198436440/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1536612323&sr=8-8&keywords=aqa+a+level+maths+textbook
You could definitely self-teach with it as it's what i'm doing and I managed to get an A at AS (internal exams).
I'd recommend the CGP revision guide to use with the textbook; it is very understandable and has good examples. :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Grade A
This is a GREAT textbook: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=79104300&postcount=32
You could definitely self-teach with it as it's what i'm doing and I managed to get an A at AS (internal exams).
I'd recommend the CGP revision guide to use with the textbook; it is very understandable and has good examples. :smile:

Sorry but I can't see the textbook you are recommending!? :frown: Could you please tell me the name of it?
Original post by Shav-UK
Sorry but I can't see the textbook you are recommending!? :frown: Could you please tell me the name of it?

Sorry, I put the wrong link:biggrin:
I've edited the previous post so the proper link will show now. :smile:
I'd also recommend the CGP one + a lot of practise with past papers
Original post by Obliviously
I'd also recommend the CGP one + a lot of practise with past papers

Link?

Quick Reply

Latest