The Student Room Group

Student loan payments 2017/18

Does anyone know what dates student maintenance loans will be paid in for this year?
Mine are down as 6th October, 12th January and 20th April. I presume everyone's are the same?
Reply 2
Original post by hhealey13
Mine are down as 6th October, 12th January and 20th April. I presume everyone's are the same?

where did you get these dates? I haven't had anything with any specific dates on :/
Original post by tanayia
Does anyone know what dates student maintenance loans will be paid in for this year?

It's set by your uni. It should be on your student account.
Original post by tanayia
where did you get these dates? I haven't had anything with any specific dates on :/

A couple of weeks after my application was approved I got a notification to say my payment schedule was approved or something like that. If you log in to student finance, it should say PAYMENTS SCHEDULED under your course name and then click Expand and then click view payments
Set by uni, there isnt a specific date. If you go onto your account on SFE, there is something that should say when the payments are expected, but from expierence, the maintanance loans have at times arrived later or earlier than those dates.
Reply 6
I've read that maintenance loans will be paid out 3-4 business days after your university has fully enrolled you (i.e. after any ID checks). For example, my student finance says the first payment of my maintenance loan will go out on Monday the 18th of September, however my ID check occurs on that day, so I'm not likely to get it until the next week. This may be the case for others if when you look at your expected payments it says 'awaiting confirmation' by your maintenance loan dates and amounts.
Yes the date are specific mine is 16th October and 2 January go on your student finance account its there.
Reply 8
Are those payments only subject to your ID check? Or do you have to attend an actual class for it to go through? Because I have a family issue which they have let me start later on in the course year which means I miss the first few weeks but I'm relying on that money to buy my books and get to Uni, without it I won't be able to get there:frown:
Original post by ChiVCG21
Are those payments only subject to your ID check? Or do you have to lookattend an actual class for it to go through? Because I have a family issue which they have let me start later on in the course year which means I miss the first few weeks but I'm relying on that money to buy my books and get to Uni, without it I won't be able to get there:frown:

Depends on your uni. I would suggest asking them.

Regarding books - I wouldn't buy them until you are told by lecturers that you need them. My own uni has a system where lecturers have to provide five books per module that we supposedly need. Whilst some were helpful, simply getting those books from the library when I needed to sufficed.
Are those payments subject to having to attend class? Because I have a family issue which my uni has let me start later which means I'm missing my first weeks of class and I'm relying on that money to be able to get my books and my way to get to Uni, without it I can't go. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending