The Student Room Group

what is your most proudest achievement to date?

I dont want to get all soppy on here but im so damn proud of myself for graduating university this summer and getting into my pgce. only God knows how much i went through to even get my 2.1 (depression, anxiety etc.). university was especially tough for me as I had so many inner battles and felt so alone and due to this my attendance was horrendous first and second year (I got threatened to get kicked off numerous times and was extremely close to not getting obtaining my full degree)but I DID IT!!!! oncr I graduated, I got rejected from the uni I wanted to do my teacher training at (because I failed a certain exam) but I revised and retook the exam privately again a week later and got into an amazing teacher training place (even better than the one that rejected me). This all happened this year/this summer and top of that, I was still heartbroken over a toxic relationship I ended (he was my first love so Im so proud of myself for leaving despite how hard it was). I am also taking care of my siblings as my mum is away. juggling everything had been difficult but its taught me how strong of a woman I am!!! and that God is all powerful.

Im so proud of myself and thats my biggest accomplishment so far ❤️ whats yours?

thanks for coming to my ted talk lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
building a 1:400 scale model of the RMS Titanic, and reading the New Testament cover to cover.
Original post by H20 III
building a 1:400 scale model of the RMS Titanic, and reading the New Testament cover to cover.

well done! im especially impressed with first one. what inspired you to do it?
Getting my degree at 70.
Reply 4
Original post by Secretnerd123
well done! im especially impressed with first one. what inspired you to do it?

the first one because I like the look of the ship and I enjoyed the movie, so I thought it'd be nice to have one that I built with my own hands to decorate my room. and I wanted a challenge.

second one is simply because Jesus said "Man does not live by bread alone, but every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God". since the Bible is the word of God, I should read and live by every word of it and not just a verse here or there. I'm still in the process of reading the old testament cover to cover.
Reply 5
I made a pot noodle without burning the house down.
Reply 6
Original post by UWS

well done! what flavour was it?
Original post by Seamus123
Getting my degree at 70.

well done! (if you're not trolling me lol).
Original post by UWS

haha don't underestimate yourself. try more recipes. im sure youre not as bad of a cook as you think
Original post by H20 III
the first one because I like the look of the ship and I enjoyed the movie, so I thought it'd be nice to have one that I built with my own hands to decorate my room. and I wanted a challenge.

second one is simply because Jesus said "Man does not live by bread alone, but every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God". since the Bible is the word of God, I should read and live by every word of it and not just a verse here or there. I'm still in the process of reading the old testament cover to cover.

I feel like many christians dont take their religion seriously. do you live by the rules like no sex before marriage etc.?
I am very happy with my mindset created by failures in year 13 I am now mature (year 13 ended good A*ABB remark pending but failed to get Oxford offer then missed UCL :tongue:)

I think it’s built a strong foundation for my future where future rejections will be handled well.

Next step is get disciplined and find myself during uni after losing myself in year 13
(edited 5 years ago)
I would say it was when I crossed the finish line at the Vierdaagse Road Marching event in Nijmegen in 2013 😁

Vierdaagse - 100 mile march over 4 days (25 x 4).

Still got the medal hanging up in my room on my notice board 😌
Original post by SuperHuman98
I am very happy with my mindset created by failures in year 13 I am now mature (year 13 ended good A*ABB remark pending but failed to get Oxford offer then missed UCL :tongue:)

I think it’s built a strong foundation for my future where future rejections will be handled well.

yesss that's exactly how I feel. Always remember that everything that happens is always in your favour xx
I feel like many christians dont take their religion seriously. do you live by the rules like no sex before marriage etc.?

It depends. The Christians here are much more liberal than Christians in America and other countries. Of course there’s many religious Christians here but they usually are older compared to the younger generation
Original post by CTLeafez
I would say it was when I crossed the finish line at the Vierdaagse Road Marching event in Nijmegen in 2013 😁

Vierdaagse - 100 mile march over 4 days (25 x 4).

Still got the medal hanging up in my room on my notice board 😌

damn you must be super fit!! well done!

was the march for charity?

you're right, many don't take it seriously which is distressing to see, I try my best my to live my life by the will of God (I'm not perfect) so yeah I shall remain a virgin till marriage, no alcohol (personal preference), being humble etc.
damn you must be super fit!! well done!

was the march for charity?

I probably was at my peak fitness back then tbf 😂 Uni has taken over now so not quite as fit anymore... :tongue:

Planning to start training and do it again one day.

Nope, it wasn't for charity. I did it with my Cadet Squadron (ATC) as a challenge to myself. I'm quite Academic so I wanted to show I'm also sporty/active when I have the drive.
Original post by H20 III
you're right, many don't take it seriously which is distressing to see, I try my best my to live my life by the will of God (I'm not perfect) so yeah I shall remain a virgin till marriage, no alcohol (personal preference), being humble etc.

is drinking alcohol a sin?
Reply 18
Getting into the Fast Stream. It was an absolutely terrifying assessment, but here I am.
is drinking alcohol a sin?

we're commanded to be sober always, we all know that alcohol affects your soberiety, it's a bit foolish to drink something that can make you drunk and unsober (imo) when you're commanded otherwise.

now nowhere does the Bible explicitly say drinking alcohol is sin, but if in Psalms/Proverbs tells us to not even look at the strong drink (alcohol) and that the thought of foolishness (thinking/doing foolish things) is sin. one could conclude that drinking alcohol (a foolish act) is sin because the thought of foolishness is sin.

but not every Christian thinks drinking a bit of alcohol here or there is foolish so I can't rebuke them for doing so, I think it's between them and God if they want to be having a bit of alcohol every now and then. I just don't drink out of personal preference.

but heavy drinking that's getting you tipsy or drunk is definitely a sin.