The Student Room Group

Do you have to apply to 5 universities at once?

Hi! I am planning on applying to five different universities. My teacher said that my predicted grades may change after December. I want to apply to universities earlier and for some later. Is that possible?

Thanks for the answers.
No you don't have to apply for them all 5 universities but I'm not sure about applying them at different times. Oxbridge need to be applied early you can chose one or the other and it's better to apply early so you can get more a choice of accommodation.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
I applied to 1.
The deadline is January for general university applications.
For Oxbridge it's as early as October I think?
I believe you need to apply to all 5 at the same time though. You can only submit the application once.
Reply 4
If you need to apply early then you can send in your application to 2 unis and add the rest later.
Reply 5
Original post by noumanahaq
Hi! I am planning on applying to five different universities. My teacher said that my predicted grades may change after December. I want to apply to universities earlier and for some later. Is that possible?

Thanks for the answers.

May change up or down?

Once you send your application your predictions can't usually be changed.

The deadline is 15th January, except for Medicine and Oxbridge (15th October).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Nahaha
If you need to apply early then you can send in your application to 2 unis and add the rest later.

Or just 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pereira325
The deadline is January for general university applications.
For Oxbridge it's as early as October I think?
I believe you need to apply to all 5 at the same time though. You can only submit the application once.

That's wrong.

UCAS lets you start off with just 1 or 2 universities, and then add more later.

You believe something that is not true. You can submit an application with just one university included, then add others later. You cannot change anything else in the application (such as the personal statement) though.
Reply 9

No, you can apply to just 1 if you want and then add the others at any stage later. But your PS, and Reference (including predictions) stays the same throughout.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
No, you can apply to just 1 if you want and then add the others at any stage later. But your PS, and Reference (including predictions) stays the same throughout.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My bad. I was close.

Original post by Good bloke
You believe something that is not true. You can submit an application with just one university included, then add others later. You cannot change anything else in the application (such as the personal statement) though.

KK. My bad.

Original post by LeapingLucy
That's wrong.

UCAS lets you start off with just 1 or 2 universities, and then add more later.

KK. My bad.
Reply 11
My bad. I was close.

KK. My bad.

KK. My bad.

No worries. It's a very common misconception.

(Wow, you really got killed for that though :biggrin: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
No worries. It's a very common misconception.

(Wow, you really got killed for that though :biggrin: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the way I did my own university application before. Was a bit stressful as had to get in for the early Oxbridge deadline whilst everyone else had months extra!
My sixth form didn't let me know about that option of being able to submit other unis after. Then again, to me, the hard bit wasn't picking the unis :tongue:
Reply 13

Oh, my school told me that I had to send mine with at least 2 to distinguish it from an application to only one university (ie if I wanted to apply for more than just one uni, my application needed to have at least 2 listed when it was first sent off). But I'm sure you know more than me :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Nahaha
Oh, my school told me that I had to send mine with at least 2 to distinguish it from an application to only one university (ie if I wanted to apply for more than just one uni, my application needed to have at least 2 listed when it was first sent off). But I'm sure you know more than me :smile:

Universities don't know who else you have applied to until after you have received all your offer decisions and have made your Firm/Insurance choice.

So yeah your school is wrong :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Thank you for all of your replies. That helped me a lot. Special thanks to @Doonesbury for clearing all of my misconceptions.
Reply 16
Original post by noumanahaq
Thank you for all of your replies. That helped me a lot. Special thanks to @Doonesbury for clearing all of my misconceptions.

:hat2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think this is possible but you could probably get in touch with UCAS to check.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending