The Student Room Group

Lied about my A Level grades to get into law school. Now struggling badly :(

so i made a very stupid mistake of lying about my A Level grades to get into law in a top university. I took my A Levels oversea in a private institution where they provide certificates which I forged.

i feel really bad now and live in constant depression on whether I will be caught or not and am struggling very much in the course as I admmitingly have very poor A Level grades.

i was thinking of taking a gap year but would have to spend a lot more money.

need some help asap from those in 2nd year university :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
@Reality Check your presence is needed I think
it cannot be easy for you to admit this, but you are doing the right thing in opening up.
Original post by The RAR

who is reality check ??
Original post by jonathon.wiezel
who is reality check ??

TSR's official grammar nazi
Original post by The RAR

Thanks for quoting me in :smile:

so i made a very stupid mistake of lying about my A Level grades to get into law in a top university. I took my A Levels oversea in a private institution where they provide certificates which I forged.

i feel really bad now and live in constant depression on whether I will be caught or not and am struggling very much in the course as I admmitingly have very poor A Level grades.

What a stupid thing to do! And entirely self-defeating, as you aren't able to keep up with the course because you are insufficiently prepared. This is just going to get worse as you continue.

It is actually fairly unlikely that you will be caught now - I presume you've presented your certificates at matriculation, so there's little chance you'll be caught. But what are you going to do when you apply for a job, and these forged certificates become obvious? Funnily enough, forgery and deceit and a career in the Law don't really go together.
Original post by the bear
it cannot be easy for you to admit this, but you are doing the right thing in opening up.

i feel guilty but i was in a very stressful period at a time where my parents were very angry with my initial grades. they were quite surprised when I told them about entering into this top tier uni.
Original post by Gent2324
TSR's official grammar nazi

Thanks.

Did your secret and non-patented idea for TSR's web developers get taken up then? Or did Tim Cook get there first?
(edited 5 years ago)
who is reality check ??

A silly old fart.
i feel guilty but i was in a very stressful period at a time where my parents were very angry with my initial grades. they were quite surprised when I told them about entering into this top tier uni.

it is likely that if you ended up applying to joing a legal firm that the dodgy certificates would be detected... legal eagles are not easily fooled :redface:

The FBI is knocking on your door right now
Original post by Reality Check
Thanks.

Did your secret and non-patented idea for TSR's web developers get taken up then?

no just got the wrong word to describe it.
seeming as youre bringing up old threads....
could you not find a reply to the cholesterol and eggs thread?
no just got the wrong word to describe it.
seeming as youre bringing up old threads....
could you not find a reply to the cholesterol and eggs thread?

Why would I reply to that rubbish? I don't need to.
I would drop out and retake your A-Levels. Try the open university.

Basically if you are struggling so much, your final grade wont be enough to get you a good job anyway. Regardless of how much getting caught will RUIN your life.

Personally i would drop out now, fix your a-levels and go back to uni when you have the knowledge. Or at least enrol in online a-levels and actually DO the work.

Would you be happy if you knew you were relying on someone like you in times of desperation for legal aid? I think not. You could really mess up people's lives.

Please have the courage to stop this now and fix what you are doing before you either get caught and get into serious trouble and can't go back... or somehow manage to scrape by and ruin other people's lives in the future.

Do the right thing. This is not ok. Not at all. Don't let the rest of your life be a lie that you didn't earn or deserve. You can fix it now before it's too late.
Thanks for quoting me in :smile:

What a stupid thing to do! And entirely self-defeating, as you aren't able to keep up with the course because you are insufficiently prepared. This is just going to get worse as you continue.

It is actually fairly unlikely that you will be caught now - I presume you've presented your certificates at matriculation, so there's little chance you'll be caught. But what are you going to do when you apply for a job, and these forged certificates become obvious? Funnily enough, forgery and deceit and a career in the Law don't really go together.

but i felt that i deserved it since i studied SO hard for my a levels and cried when i recived my a level grades. I think you shouldn't say I am stupid and it was very ruide of you to say that since i tried my best. i know it was wrong however situation was very bad at the time with family pressure for me to do well on my sholders.
Why would I reply to that rubbish? I don't need to.

you replied multiple times in that thread lol
i mean its not a big deal or anything but it just seems a strange coincidence that you decide to leave a thread when an indisputable arguement is put infront of you...
but i felt that i deserved it since i studied SO hard for my a levels and cried when i recived my a level grades. I think you shouldn't say I am stupid and it was very ruide of you to say that since i tried my best. i know it was wrong however situation was very bad at the time with family pressure for me to do well on my sholders.

You've just posted to say you forged certificates to get into a top law school and now you feel a bit guilty. But you take objection to having that action described as stupid...

Ok then.
Reply 17

As other people have said, if this deceit gets out then your law career is finished. You cannot have people in positions of such responsibility committing acts of fraud.
you replied multiple times in that thread lol
i mean its not a big deal or anything but it just seems a strange coincidence that you decide to leave a thread when an indisputable arguement is put infront of you...

Start a new thread if you want to re-peddle that rubbish you were saying about eggs not having nutrients in them and increasing cholesterol levels. Don't hijack this one.
You've just posted to say you forged certificates to get into a top law school and now you feel a bit guilty. But you take objection to having that action described as stupid...

Ok then.

Well being a snitch on yourself is stupid I guess

Quick Reply

Latest