The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Running in a fight...

We still using that in 2018.
[video="youtube;-QqHnkXRwPs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QqHnkXRwPs[/video]
Views on the Ryan Garcia vs Carlos Morales ?
I feel Ryan Garcia has a long way to go.He didn't counter punch effectively and barely did any combos,odd for a fighter that is talked so much about his speed.
His defence needs a lot of work.He leaves himself too open,especially on his left and would be in trouble if he was fighting a fighter with a better KO record.
It will be interesting to see how he changes his style for his upcoming fights,since without changes ,I can't see him taking on tougher opposition such as Gervonta Davis.
@Chittesh14 views ?
He's got a long way to go before he'd be ready for Tank. He reportedly has issues with cutting weight too, which at his age means he's probably going up to lightweight as a mature fighter too.
Original post by bobby147
Views on the Ryan Garcia vs Carlos Morales ?
I feel Ryan Garcia has a long way to go.He didn't counter punch effectively and barely did any combos,odd for a fighter that is talked so much about his speed.
His defence needs a lot of work.He leaves himself too open,especially on his left and would be in trouble if he was fighting a fighter with a better KO record.
It will be interesting to see how he changes his style for his upcoming fights,since without changes ,I can't see him taking on tougher opposition such as Gervonta Davis.
@Chittesh14 views ?

It was a good fight, definitely showed a lot about Ryan Garcia lol. He's got a very long way to go, Carlos Morales was a step up but he basically tested and exposed Ryan Garcia. He hurt him a few times, but just could never finish him off, Garcia showed he knows what to do when hurt. But, again he is too early to talk about - at the moment, just an upcoming prospect and is nothing special. He definitely leaves himself too open and that defence is **** lol, he just thinks he can walk through anyone with his speed and power.
Yeah definitely, he has to adapt to fighters and change his style by improving as a fighter overall working on defence especially. No chance against Gervonta Davis lol, he's a straight up killer. He'd definitely knock out Garcia in style lol. I want to see Tank back in the ring against a better opposition though, he has proved to be a good prospect - someone who can test him like Morales tested Garcia.
"mexican style"

[video="youtube;zgsq0v44ixo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgsq0v44ixo[/video]
Kind of amusing Amir Khan's fight didn't even muster one post in here. Says it all about his fall from grace.

I didn't see the fight just saw a couple of highlights. Basically Khan get clipped on his glass chin completely absence of any defensive responsibility as per usual. How Viril managed to keep his guy awake for 6 rounds in a ring with Canelo is a mystery.

Really can't see what there is for him in this comeback apart from a few more paychecks and early onset alzheimer's.
Original post by Fizzel
Kind of amusing Amir Khan's fight didn't even muster one post in here. Says it all about his fall from grace.

I didn't see the fight just saw a couple of highlights. Basically Khan get clipped on his glass chin completely absence of any defensive responsibility as per usual. How Viril managed to keep his guy awake for 6 rounds in a ring with Canelo is a mystery.

Really can't see what there is for him in this comeback apart from a few more paychecks and early onset alzheimer's.

Lmao, so true. It was a shocking performance, started off with a bang and then just showed he's no way world class anymore. Can't believe he took Vargas the distance lol and then in the post fight interview he says 'The plan was to go 12 rounds to get rounds in the bank for a fight with Kell Brook or Manny Pacquiao' hahaha. Amir Khan is here for big paydays and then will get sent to retirement by one of the big fighters when he finally steps up.
Mayweather talking about returning to the ring.

Almost as if DLH is promoting an upcoming fight:biggrin:
GGG looks calm AF. He's ready for war.

Bring it home.
Almost all my timeline seems to be leaning towards a Canelo win. Really have no idea myself.
Got a feeling someone is gonna get knocked down. Imagine the scenes.

Canelo on points imo.
So what time should I set my alarm for the fight then?
Original post by samir12
So what time should I set my alarm for the fight then?
Quoted around 4am but I would go for 3-3:30 if you just want the main card.

Feel GGG needs to come out of gates blazing. If Canelo isn’t clearly behind going at the mid way point GGG could find it a real struggle. Needs to be aggressive and get the jab working early on.

Also it’s actually happening RIP Tony Bellew.
Original post by Fizzel
Quoted around 4am but I would go for 3-3:30 if you just want the main card.

Feel GGG needs to come out of gates blazing. If Canelo isn’t clearly behind going at the mid way point GGG could find it a real struggle. Needs to be aggressive and get the jab working early on.

Also it’s actually happening RIP Tony Bellew.

I'm a casual so only really bothered about the main event fight, will probably set it for 3.45pm or something like that.
Original post by samir12
I'm a casual so only really bothered about the main event fight, will probably set it for 3.45pm or something like that.
I’m always a bit worried nearly missed the start of MayPac going by the quoted times.
Canelo was shook at the weigh in, GGG really in his head

Also hilarious how he took that red pill again then collapsed lmfao

GGG is ready to beat Clenelo again. 4.5 hours to go.
Original post by Palmyra

You think it will be by decision?

Really feel boxing as a sport could do with a full KO this fight. GGG-Canelo is a fight that needed and answer and after the sham of last fight I hope it isn't decided by judges this time.
Original post by Fizzel
You think it will be by decision?

Really feel boxing as a sport could do with a full KO this fight. GGG-Canelo is a fight that needed and answer and after the sham of last fight I hope it isn't decided by judges this time.

I agree a KO would be much better for boxing and I think it's more likely this time (GGG's chin might be getting less sturdy and Canelo looks leaner so won't take shots as well), but they both still have great chins and I think Canelo will fight cautious mostly again so I don't see a KO. If anyone's getting a KO it's GGG, though.
Original post by Rk2k14
Mayweather talking about returning to the ring.

Almost as if DLH is promoting an upcoming fight:biggrin:

Yeah December return lol! Manny Pacquiao be like 50-1 #NoExcuses lol. If Mayweather really comes again, he's just going to win. Pacquiao has lost it over these few years, losing controversial decisions and all has just made him a weaker man mentally and it doesn't feel like the fire is there. If the Mayweather rematch comes, the fire may return but the skills and all will just be diminished and not enough to beat Mayweather imo.

Original post by Palmyra

Looool, so true. He just collapsed and got KO'd by the chair, first KO of the night. Tbh, GGG is on fire - stone cold killer stare. I just can't wait lol.

Latest