The Student Room Group

Save my exams or physics and maths tutor ?

Is getting save my exams subscription worth it? Aren’t they the same as physics and maths tutor e.g. same questions but PMT is free?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DoctorAngel
Is getting save my exams subscription worth it? Aren’t they the same as physics and maths tutor e.g. same questions but PMT is free?
It basically organises exam questions into topics and gives you loads of past papers and mark schemes. I think its worth it if your subjects are on there and definitely cheaper than a tutor
PMT is the best , hand down
you can have access to Save my exams questions without buying it
and PMT is really good
Reply 6
Original post by RickstaKirby23
No.
You do not need to pay. Here are instructions to access the range of mark schemes, for free. Firstly find the paper you want your mark scheme for. Next, download a copy of it. Afterwards, turn on flight mode and try to download the same file. When doing this, you file will not load and you will have a URL in your address bar. At the end of the url, it should say qp. Change qp to ms (for mark schemes), then turn off flight mode, wait for your PC to load, and voila! Free mark schemes downloaded! Hope his helps, RickstaKirby23 :smile:

You absolute legend!!! I needed this, thank you so so sooo much :smile:
Original post by Presto

in the link change qp to ms , after opening a question paper. For some you need to add or remove underscores
Reply 8
Original post by Hammad(214508)
in the link change qp to ms , after opening a question paper. For some you need to add or remove underscores

Yes got it, thanks :smile:
Original post by Presto

Happy to be of help! I've been doing it for two years :smile:
sort of, i use save my exams papers and then find the mark schemes online instead of paying for it though :smile:

essentially if you manipulate the system, you don’t need to pay for save my exams - you can just do the questions :smile:

i use both, for free!
you can have access to Save my exams questions without buying it

nah only the first few then u have to pay for answers for the rest
No.
You do not need to pay. Here are instructions to access the range of mark schemes, for free. Firstly find the paper you want your mark scheme for. Next, download a copy of it. Afterwards, turn on flight mode and try to download the same file. When doing this, you file will not load and you will have a URL in your address bar. At the end of the url, it should say qp. Change qp to ms (for mark schemes), then turn off flight mode, wait for your PC to load, and voila! Free mark schemes downloaded! Hope his helps, RickstaKirby23 :smile:

Where the **** was this tip when I was doing my A-Levels?!?!?
Original post by GalGirl101
Where the **** was this tip when I was doing my A-Levels?!?!?

Ah right. Apologies. How were your A-levels anyways? I've just joined TSR so...

All my main friends at school know this trick from me :smile:
Ah right. Apologies. How were your A-levels anyways? I've just joined TSR so...

All my main friends at school know this trick from me :smile:

Really mehhhh (lower than the TSR standard) but that's my fault anyways I left revision way too late. But it got me into my firm so

Really could have used that during my A-Levels but since I'm doing a foundation year the maths will definitely come in handy

Problem is to get the link, you need to copy it. On most browsers, the webpage is protected meaning you can't copy the link. But if it opens the document on the PDF web client, you can easily change the link as you mentioned.
physicsandmathstutor is the all-round GOAT.

What's not more to like, you can do past questions by topic, specifically for a section you may be struggling with, the questioning style is repetitive but when it's literally the same topic what do you expect, you can literally get all the markschemes along with it so you're not left scrambling for one. You have as many past papers as you can ask for and even admissions tests like STEP, etc, all with a simple format. So it means with like 2 weeks to the exam you can just mill through papers lmao.
Original post by GalGirl101
Really mehhhh (lower than the TSR standard) but that's my fault anyways I left revision way too late. But it got me into my firm so

Really could have used that during my A-Levels but since I'm doing a foundation year the maths will definitely come in handy

No worries, there are always opportunities to do well in the future; don't give up. The examinations do not determine your skills and attributes.
Original post by thotproduct
physicsandmathstutor is the all-round GOAT.

What's not more to like, you can do past questions by topic, specifically for a section you may be struggling with, the questioning style is repetitive but when it's literally the same topic what do you expect, you can literally get all the markschemes along with it so you're not left scrambling for one. You have as many past papers as you can ask for and even admissions tests like STEP, etc, all with a simple format. So it means with like 2 weeks to the exam you can just mill through papers lmao.

Save My Exams also provides guidance on grade boundaries, as well as a cover in front of your paper, so you can easily organise them.
Reply 19

Original post by clouddbubbles
sort of, i use save my exams papers and then find the mark schemes online instead of paying for it though :smile:

essentially if you manipulate the system, you don’t need to pay for save my exams - you can just do the questions :smile:

i use both, for free!

No.

I'm trying to access the mark scheme of https://www.savemyexams.co.uk/uploads/5/0/8/7/50878855/29-photoelectric_effect___atomic_spectra-edexcel_ial_physics-qp.pdf
but nothing's working :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending