The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Leicester vs Loughborough Comp Sci

Cant seem to make my mind over which uni I should go to. I am changing courses from business and Ive alread done my first year at loughborough so I kind of wanted to change unis as well not that loughborough is bad but the town is dead tbh. Leicester is a bustling city which I would definitely prefer.

IMO both unis are similar but when it comes to uk tables loughborough is quite a bit better top 10 in almost every uk table.
International tables suggest they are both similar to an extent, THE ranks leicester higher than Loughborough both overall and in subject ranking. QS ranks both equally overall but in subject rankings, it places loughborough about a 100 places higher. All of this has me confused and is making my decision very difficult.

I will appreciate it if anyone can give any suggestions on which uni would be a better option.
Original post by dddd1
Cant seem to make my mind over which uni I should go to. I am changing courses from business and Ive alread done my first year at loughborough so I kind of wanted to change unis as well not that loughborough is bad but the town is dead tbh. Leicester is a bustling city which I would definitely prefer.

IMO both unis are similar but when it comes to uk tables loughborough is quite a bit better top 10 in almost every uk table.
International tables suggest they are both similar to an extent, THE ranks leicester higher than Loughborough both overall and in subject ranking. QS ranks both equally overall but in subject rankings, it places loughborough about a 100 places higher. All of this has me confused and is making my decision very difficult.

I will appreciate it if anyone can give any suggestions on which uni would be a better option.

Hi dddd1

Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving Loughborough. Changing to Comp Sci is a big difference. Yes we do rank better than Leicester but Leicester is still a good university. If it's city life that you're after - have you considered Nottingham? They rank better than Leicester and the city is also bigger. I would think it was definitely worth looking in to as another option.
Compare the modules and if you get the chance go on the open days so you get a feel for what you prefer.

If I can help anymore let me know. :smile:
Vicky
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Wouldve loved to go leeds or nottingham but leicester is the only other option for me.
Original post by dddd1
Wouldve loved to go leeds or nottingham but leicester is the only other option for me.

Good luck with your decision :smile:

Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending