English Literature - Edexcel Watch

medicalsupernova
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips/advice and good websites for English literature, any good writing structures, ways to plan essays and ways to write a high level essay.And if you had any good analysis websites or revision guides that can help with analysing plays and novels, would be really helpful.
And how do you analyse a book with detailed annotations?
I am doing an Inspector Calls and The strange case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Thanks for any help!
medicalsupernova
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
bump
GeoHadj
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Try to structure your paragraphs in the form of P E E E and be sure to satisfy all AOs
medicalsupernova
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by GeoHadj)
Try to structure your paragraphs in the form of P E E E and be sure to satisfy all AOs
Thanks
Tolgarda
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Not that I know of. I suggest that you just do copious practice questions. I did the same texts with Edexcel and was incredibly successful via this method. I've attached practice questions for An Inspector Calls for Edexcel in the link below (the odds of you being questioned on the importance of Gerald, Mr. Birling, guilty consciences and money are practically nought as they've already appeared in live assessment previously).

I have some for your Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde if you like, but they have a lot of Romeo and Juliet and Power and Conflict poetry with them as well. You can always ask if you would still want it).
medicalsupernova
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Not that I know of. I suggest that you just do copious practice questions. I did the same texts with Edexcel and was incredibly successful via this method. I've attached practice questions for An Inspector Calls for Edexcel in the link below (the odds of you being questioned on the importance of Gerald, Mr. Birling, guilty consciences and money are practically nought as they've already appeared in live assessment previously):

file:///C:/Users/orhan/Documents/Tolga's%20football%20&%20English/English/Year%2011%20Homework/English%20(Yr.%2011%20homework)/English%20Literature%20-%20Poetry,%20Play%20and%20Prose/AIC%20-%2020th%20century%20play/Paper%201%20-%20Section%20B%20-%20AIC.pdf

I have some for your Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde if you like, but they have a lot of Romeo and Juliet and Power and Conflict poetry with them as well. You can always ask if you would still want it).
Yes I would like them :yep: if you still have it and the link doesn't seem to be working :nope: Thanks
TensorTympani
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The link is not working, please update it
Thanks check out my thread, its called GCSE Journey
Tolgarda
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by medicalsupernova)
Yes I would like them :yep: if you still have it and the link doesn't seem to be working :nope: Thanks
(Original post by Shravan177)
The link is not working, please update it
Thanks check out my thread, its called GCSE Journey
I've attached the English literature questions for Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde below (these also contain Romeo and Juliet and Power and Conflict poetry, so be wary of that).
I've linked the An Inspector Calls questions here (hopefully they are accessible to all): https://app.luminpdf.com/viewer/kqLca48PCiRsBcy8G
TensorTympani
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
I've attached the English literature questions for Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde below.
I've linked the An Inspector Calls questions here (hopefully they are accessible to all): https://app.luminpdf.com/viewer/kqLca48PCiRsBcy8G
Thanks check out my GYG pls https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (71)
57.72%
No (52)
42.28%

Watched Threads