The Student Room Group
Original post by Amiia2997
Help will be appreciated xx

There aren't any, you need to do A levels or the equivalent e.g. Advanced Highers, the IB, etc.
i think they would atleast expect you to have a-level chemistry alongside your btec , but i woudn't get your hopes up

why not take the full a-levels
There aren't any universities that accept BTEC for medicine, as far as I am aware.

If you want to do medicine but you are doing BTEC, you'll likely need to think about alternative routes into medicine. Perhaps if you give us a little more information about your circumstances, people might be able to help with other options.
They don't.
Some of them may let you apply for foundation.
Reply 5

No im sorry
Reply 6

On two of your previous posts I linked to you a document with admissions information for all medical universities in the UK (not private ones), for both foundation and standard degrees. If the qualifications that you do aren't on there or the university websites, you can get in touch with them directly to see whether they can accept your qualifications.
Reply 7

I think you can use BTECs to get in to Paramedicine.
Reply 8
There are some unis that accept BTEC Applied Science for Medicine, off the top of my head I think Plymouth, Keele, UEA as well as some others (most with a foundation year with the exception of Plymouth I believe). It could be worth contacting Lancaster too as they state "Our qualifications criteria are flexible and evaluated on a case by case basis." they say the same for both A levels and BTEC. Cardiff also accept the BTEC for Medicine (6 yrs) - "The BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Applied Science at DDD level is an acceptable qualification for entry to the six year Foundation Programme (A104). " - https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/unde...icine/medicine

You may also want to consider doing a 3 year BSc medical related degree (e.g. Biomedical science) and then do PG medicine. You could do a BSc/MSci in Applied Medical Sciences at University College London (UCL) if you were to achieve grades of DDD (distinctions) on your BTEC in Applied Science

Hope this helps!
I have found that Birmingham BCU will accept BTEC extended diploma with the grade DMM which is 112 UCAS points for their biomedical science BSc (Hons) course. Wolverhampton will also accept BTEC extended diploma with the grade MMM which is 96 UCAS points for their biomedical science BSc (Hons) course. both of these courses are 3 years at full time and will leave you with a BSc (Hons) award. if you find any other universities that accept BTEC extended diploma please let me know

Latest

Trending

Trending