The Student Room Group

Good sixth forms?

Hi, as now is the time to start looking at 6th forms, does anyone have any good suggestions. I live in Coventry and would travel an hour to a sixth form, helppp
Reply 1
I go to Stratford sixth form, it’s really good but not sure if it would be too far for you?
Reply 2
No not too far, was looking at Stratford anyway. What do you study?
Reply 3
Original post by j.h123
I go to Stratford sixth form, it’s really good but not sure if it would be too far for you?

I was looking at Stratford anyway, what do you study?
Reply 4
Original post by freyapolly
I was looking at Stratford anyway, what do you study?

I study Biology, Geography and Sociology
Reply 5
Original post by j.h123
I study Biology, Geography and Sociology

Yes, I want to study either sociology, psychology, politics or English Lang and lit
Reply 6
Original post by freyapolly
Yes, I want to study either sociology, psychology, politics or English Lang and lit

Sociology is amazing, and I’ve got friends who all do the other subjects and they really enjoy it too :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by j.h123
Sociology is amazing, and I’ve got friends who all do the other subjects and they really enjoy it too :smile:

Think you so much!
I go to Solihull Sixth which is probably a little far away but just look at entry requirements for places! If it's just a few 4s it's probably not amazing.
Reply 9
Original post by Conniestitution
I go to Solihull Sixth which is probably a little far away but just look at entry requirements for places! If it's just a few 4s it's probably not amazing.

I want to go somewhere completely new, to start fresh so I was looking in Birmingham as well
Well, Solihull Sixth is quite good. Stratford does good courses too. Apparently you’re better off avoiding the South and City colleges.

If you’re interested in a really good school try Birmingham grammar schools. Last week I went to King Edwards Camp Hill Girls and I liked it there a lot but the journey for me was just too far so I transferred.
You should just do your research. If you want to go off of statistics, you can look at this website:
https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/find-a-school-in-england
To compare different colleges in your area. Also look at OFSTED reports and league tables.

My biggest advice is to visit all of the colleges you're considering on open days and as much as possible. In terms of my chosen college, I was sold as soon as I went to visit it as it was clearly better than all the others.

Quick Reply

Latest