The Student Room Group

How Does Student Finance Work at Post-Grad Level?

Does student finance provide the same amount of maintenance loan and tuition loan as during undergraduate study? Or does it differ?

I am looking to start a post-grad, full time course. The tuition fee is £7940.

Many thanks!
Original post by EddyEagal
Does student finance provide the same amount of maintenance loan and tuition loan as during undergraduate study? Or does it differ?

Many thanks!

There isn't any student finance for most postgrad courses. You have to take out a loan or save up or win a scholarship/bursary.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
There isn't any student finance for most postgrad courses. You have to take out a loan or save up or win a scholarship/bursary.

I've just read on the govt. website that postgraduate master courses have a 10k maintenance loan attached?

Or is that sum for a maintenance loan and the tuition fee?

:K::K:
I've just read on the govt. website that postgraduate master courses have a 10k maintenance loan attached?

Or is that sum for a maintenance loan and the tuition fee?

:K::K:

Stick up the link, it's probably the loan I mentioned.

Many thanks!

The only funding offered by Student Finance is a non-income assessed postgraduate master's loan of around £10,600 (this is if you are a resident of England, other countries have their own arrangements).

That loan is paid directly to you in three instalments, and is designed to cover your tuition fees and contribute to your living costs. It is not designed to cover your entire living costs. You are expected to supplement the loan with savings, wages from a job etc.
You're a prospective postgrad student.

Surely you can read a Govt website without someone holding your hand. Says everything you need to know on there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending